FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Postby patrickblue » Wed May 27, 2015 3:53 pm

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Be good if David Gill gets arrested ......

just sayin

With you all the way. I'd put the twat in Strangeways and throw the key away

Breaking news on SSN ......

2 British nationals arrested in Zurich as part of the investigation .

Be funny if it was Gill & Taggart
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PrezIke » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Let's wait and see the outcome before we start patting anyone on the back.

indeed. Yet, we can also keep in mind that for U.S. Federal Criminal Court cases the conviction rate is reported to be 93%.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/reading_roo ... tatrpt.pdf
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Moses wrote:Massive congratulations to the Americans for peruseing this. To be frank they are cleaning up sport the best they can single handledly.
No other country took L Armstrong on, no one took on FIFA. They are the only ones.

Not true. Paul Kimmage and David Walsh, both Irish journalists fought the trench war of exposing doping in cycling for years, long before anyone else.
Kimmage in particular who rode the Tour de France three times campaigned vigorously to expose what was going on and outed Lance Armstrong long before The Americans turned on him, much to his own personal detriment. He was shunned by the rest of the cycling world including our own Stephen Roche, for telling the truth.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 27, 2015 4:06 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Let's wait and see the outcome before we start patting anyone on the back.

indeed. Yet, we can also keep in mind that for U.S. Federal Criminal Court cases the conviction rate is reported to be 93%.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/reading_roo ... tatrpt.pdf

Glad it's not the CPS then as they only get 86% success rate and even if we did find them guilty, we'd fine them tuppence with a suspended sentence and allow them to sue us for some bollox
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Greg Dyke can fuck off 'n' all.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Strong suggestions Nike are implicated in the corruption/bribes?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Strong suggestions Nike are implicated in the corruption/bribes?

And they are doing the City Jersey aren't they? Bet it's all City's fault.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Just a couple of days ago, Platini publicly voiced criticisms with regard to the integrity of FIFA, at the time that Luis Figo stood down from the election there.

I wonder if, by issuing such thoughts, the Fat Frenchman is a little concerned about there being a resultant backlash against EUFA as well, particularly with regard to FFP and he was trying to somehow intimate that everything was above board at his own lousy and corrupt organisation ??

Just musing.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a couple of days ago, Platini voiced criticisms with regard to the integrity of FIFA, at the time that Luis Figo stood down from the election there.

I wonder if, by issuing such thoughts, the Fat Frenchman is a little concerned about there being a resultant backlash against EUFA as well, particularly with regard to FFP and he was trying to somehow intimate that everything was above board at his own lousy and corrupt organisation ??

Just musing.

I did think at the time, that he was distancing himself from it all. I just hope this snowballs and takes on a life of it's own and brings them all down. FIFA, EUFA, the cartel, then the FA and anyone in the the SKY four. If Carlsberg did investigations.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Moses wrote:Massive congratulations to the Americans for peruseing this. To be frank they are cleaning up sport the best they can single handledly.
No other country took L Armstrong on, no one took on FIFA. They are the only ones.

Not true. Paul Kimmage and David Walsh, both Irish journalists fought the trench war of exposing doping in cycling for years, long before anyone else.
Kimmage in particular who rode the Tour de France three times campaigned vigorously to expose what was going on and outed Lance Armstrong long before The Americans turned on him, much to his own personal detriment. He was shunned by the rest of the cycling world including our own Stephen Roche, for telling the truth.

Yeah I remember that time that the Irish...did....something. Hold on. What?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Wed May 27, 2015 5:47 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/sport ... sContainer

United States law enforcement officials declared in forceful terms on Wednesday that their broad investigation of FIFA had only begun and pledged to rid the international soccer organization of systemic corruption.

The Justice Department, F.B.I. and I.R.S. described soccer’s governing body in terms normally reserved for Mafia families and drug cartels, saying that top officials treated FIFA business decisions as chits to be traded for personal wealth. One soccer official took in more than $10 million in bribes, Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch said.

The schemes involving the fraud included the selection of South Africa as the host of the 2010 World Cup; the 2011 FIFA presidential elections; and several sports-marketing deals.

“These individuals and organizations engaged in bribery to decide who would televise games, where the games would be held, and who would run the organization overseeing organized soccer worldwide,” said Ms. Lynch, who supervised the investigation from its earliest stages.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Cheers

I'll give you this, the Americans are the only ones doing anything through the courts and are to be commended on it, in fairness, as Moses pointed out. But your own ignorance of the tireless work that Kimmage put into trying to eliminate drugs from sport, not just cycling, is your own problem Doominator.
Slainte.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed May 27, 2015 6:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Cheers

I'll give you this, the Americans are the only ones doing anything through the courts and are to be commended on it, in fairness, as Moses pointed out. But your own ignorance of the tireless work that Kimmage put into trying to eliminate drugs from sport, not just cycling, is your own problem Doominator.
Slainte.

No one over here cares about cycling. The fascination with it started and ended with Armstrong.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:07 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Cheers

Slainte.

No one over here cares about cycling. The fascination with it started and ended with Armstrong.

Well there you go. Kimmage was the thorn in his side who just wouldn't go away. I think you can YouTube the interviews after he had come back and won the Tour, and Kimmage kept asking the relevant questions and Armstrong turned on him.
If you do get interested.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Andrew Jennings has just been on The Matt Cooper show on Irish radio.
He wrote the book: Foul, The Secret World of FIFA: back in 2006.
He was positively beaming about today's news and suggested that there will be more revelations.He also commended the Americans, but did ask the question, why have they only arrested those who accepted bribes. Giving bribes is also illegal in the US of A, but it seems going after anyone in Qatar would be against American interests there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 6:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Andrew Jennings has just been on The Matt Cooper show on Irish radio.
He wrote the book: Foul, The Secret World of FIFA: back in 2006.
He was positively beaming about today's news and suggested that there will be more revelations.He also commended the Americans, but did ask the question, why have they only arrested those who accepted bribes. Giving bribes is also illegal in the US of A, but it seems going after anyone in Qatar would be against American interests there.

Exactly as I said earlier in the thread, Al Udeid Airbase is too important to the Americans, so there is a huge question mark over this issue now which would mark the Americans as hypocrites. If they nobble the folk who accepted the bribe, then there has to be an international arrest warrant for the person responsible for offering it, and they MUST get an extradition treaty country to execute the warrant the next time the cunts step outside Qatar / Russia

I was driving round Doha earlier and on the radio, the news at 6pm, and the 15 minutes sports bulletin straight after, not a dicky bird about the situation unfolding in Switzerland. But they have a free media here

I wonder what Al jazeera's take in this is?
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Wed May 27, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Any decent CEO would resign if this happened on his watch, implicated or not, to allow the organisation a path to re-establish its credibility. Failing that he would postpone the election at minimum. But Blatter will press ahead in his profoundly anti-democratic way and be elected on Friday.

At least that should provide a story to fill up the blank summer months.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Strong suggestions Nike are implicated in the corruption/bribes?

All the corruption started with Nike and Adidas in the 70s.

Seriously guys, buy the original Andrew Jennings book, you will read the whole lot completely open mouthed in disbelief at the shit that has gone on since Adi Dassler took control of the IOC through bribery
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby zuricity » Wed May 27, 2015 6:48 pm

CTID Hants wrote:The FBI currently holding a presser & the inland rev guy, has clearly been waiting months for his moment in the limelight..............

FBI's Fifa news conference
Posted at 16:02

Richard Webb, Inland Revenue System Criminal Investigation division: "To date more than $151m has been identified. We exposed complex money laundering schemes and discovered tens of millions of dollars hidden away in off-shore accounts.

"This is the World Cup of fraud and today we are issuing Fifa a red card."

The thing is , it is well known that the spy agencies over in USAland land, have been taking copies of SWIFT documents for years . Furthermore , Switzerland moved to have its own SWIFT data delivered from a home base and not through Belgium where the SWIFT systems are still based. So since, i think, 2008 /9 SWIFT payments for Switzerland go through , ( for the most part) SWIFT in Switzerland.

Now, if the authorities in USALand land want information from Europe ( inc Switzerland) they have to ask for it ( if they haven't already taken further copies of copes from big blue systems !).

Some years ago (2001 ), i assisted in designing a new and massive Bank system for a bank. Having been involved in the systems controlling Financial instruments system development previously, i had to listen to a lot of Business Analysts waffle on about encrypting the Financial instrument keys in the databases so that no insider could get information about deals. I had to laugh out loud after some hours of shaking my head in disbelieve.
This is because SWIFT documents data is not encrypted. ( the entire message might be for transmission, ). So just looking at a SWIFT file you can see numbers etc. Internal encryption is no good if people can look at the external data to be sent ( which is not encrypted normally , but encrypted when sent).

Of course a thing called RACF stops a lot of access ( mainframe, each smaller server has other types of access control).

Even systems like GUARDIAM and SIEM controls are full of holes.

So now that the authorities have taken Bank information from the FIFA head offices today, those Mainframe backups of SWIFT data , over in USAland land,
HSM mig 2 level should be getting dusted off and finally reused. ( if they haven't already become obsolete and lost date through aging).

The Swiss authorities have easy access to Bank information ( in Switzerland).

Mind you , it would be quite a task to work out where Grumpy gets paid. Probably he is paid in cash.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed May 27, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

All the corruption started with Nike and Adidas in the 70s.

Seriously guys, buy the original Andrew Jennings book, you will read the whole lot completely open mouthed in disbelief at the shit that has gone on since Adi Dassler took control of the IOC through bribery

Jennings and an Irish journalist, didn't catch his name, on the radio strongly intimating that Adidas are involved.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum