FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:No revote according to FIFA & the presidential election will go ahead as planned.

Why don't the people who aren't bent just boycott it ? That would be simple enough surely.

If it goes ahead and Blatter still wins as expected, then I would suggest that a boycott of the World Cups by European and key south American teams, is what it would take to force a split. Hopefully more will come out about this soon and his place will become untenable, even to those currently supporting him, but I would bet that Blatter will just brazenly hold fast and ride this one out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 am

Uh-maricuh. Fuck yeah.

It gets better every time I read an update.

What happens next?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 27, 2015 10:48 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:FIFA Vice President now also been arrested according to latest BBC news .

Several of the arrested are vice presidents, there's a good 25 or so of them who make up the executive committee.

It's no surprise that they are focusing on them, as they are the ones who vote for the awarding of the world cups and who carve up all the territorial TV & sponsorship rights

Taken from the BBC............

"The defendants also include US and South American sports marketing executives who are alleged to have systematically paid and agreed to pay well over $150 million in bribes and kickbacks to obtain lucrative media and marketing rights to international soccer tournaments" - US Department of Justice statement.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 27, 2015 10:48 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:No revote according to FIFA & the presidential election will go ahead as planned.

Why don't the people who aren't bent just boycott it ? That would be simple enough surely.

If it goes ahead and Blatter still wins as expected, then I would suggest that a boycott of the World Cups by European and key south American teams, is what it would take to force a split. Hopefully more will come out about this soon and his place will become untenable, even to those currently supporting him, but I would bet that Blatter will just brazenly hold fast and ride this one out.

surely they have to suspend all official election processes until the investigation has concluded, otherwise they will have potential voters who will be arrested after the vote has taken place, which renders the whole process void.

It couldn't be more FIFA could it, there is a huge investigation into them about corrupt voting and they are insisting on continuing with a vote, whilst eligible voters are being arrested for voting corruption.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:51 am

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

surely they have to suspend all official election processes until the investigation has concluded, otherwise they will have potential voters who will be arrested after the vote has taken place, which renders the whole process void.

It couldn't be more FIFA could it, there is a huge investigation into them about corrupt voting and they are insisting on continuing with a vote, whilst eligible voters are being arrested for voting corruption.

They could take a vote on whether or not to go ahead with the vote. (It's the FIFA way)
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:02 am

Be good if David Gill gets arrested ......

just sayin
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 27, 2015 11:09 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

They could take a vote on whether or not to go ahead with the vote. (It's the FIFA way)

Blatter wants it go ahead because he's got his votes lined up, if he delays it then it gives his votes a chance to absorb what has happened and realise they've been mugged over. Especially as all those arrested are going to be extradited to the US, having mistakenly thought that the Swiss would protect them.

The treaty between Swiss & US meant if they were knicked for tax evasion, the Swiss would refuse extradition, but any other crime including those they've been charged with, the Swiss have already agreed to hand them over. Almost a reverse Al Capone if you will :-)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Noodle » Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Why don't the people who aren't bent just boycott it ? That would be simple enough surely.

Then the vote would still go ahead as planned

I was going to suggest at least 4 or 5 would miss the vote but you are probably right.

A bunch of European federations are lobbying to have the vote stopped. I imagine this could get very messy indeed if FIFA insist on continuing with it.

I think this could break the organisation. Hopefully.

He'll obviously say it's still legitimate even with those arrested and any who boycott.

Alternatively they will have a vote about whether to vote......and this is how it will go down. With the final realization that someone is coming after them, if someone new does come in as president the books will probably get opened and EVERYONE who has been bang at it in the last 20 years gets exposed. Everyone still with a vote who stands to be exposed, now can't afford NOT to vote for blatter - I reckon the vote will likely be even more overwhelming than it ever has been, and every cunt with a two bit association in Vanuatu or Tuvalu will be scrambling to do everything they can to make sure Blatter gets back in

Sky are claiming 6 people have already pleaded guilty. If true we know what that means: they are going to grass the fucking lot up!

Blatter is going to jail.

My thoughts exactly. At least 2 or three of those arrested will turn on septic blather to save their own skins. I'd speculate that this is the FBI's plan. Hopefully.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Blue Noodle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Sky are claiming 6 people have already pleaded guilty. If true we know what that means: they are going to grass the fucking lot up!

Blatter is going to jail.

My thoughts exactly. At least 2 or three of those arrested will turn on septic blather to save their own skins. I'd speculate that this is the FBI's plan. Hopefully.

There will be whistle blowers in there who will want to cut a deal, time to sit back and watch it crumble (hopefully)
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Wed May 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Not a chance this falls on Blatter, they already have some mid to high executive to take the blame for this and take the fall. He's probably being paid to do it out of that £1B that Blatter has "in case of emergency". Sounds like an emergency to me.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby halnone » Wed May 27, 2015 1:43 pm

This is more than just a wild stab, this is the real deal. Federal criminal indictments have an astonishingly high conviction rate in this country, like over 93 percent. Because so much more is required of federal prosecutors. You can't just convince a federal judge that there is probable cause, like in state court. You have to win over a federal grand jury to get the indictment. Especially with corruption, conspiracy, racketeering, wire fraud-type cases, a federal prosecutor is not going to move forward on something this high profile without airtight evidence and testimony. There's probably reams and gigabytes of rock solid financial records and emails, I bet. The fact the Swiss are swiftly assisting with arrests and extradition seals it, for me.

Blatter's boys are srsly fucked. Srsly.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 27, 2015 2:03 pm

City64 wrote:Be good if David Gill gets arrested ......

just sayin

With you all the way. I'd put the twat in Strangeways and throw the key away
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Independent now running with the story that England are Favourites to host 2018 story, anything to get clicks I suppose

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 78130.html
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Richard Conway (@richard_conway)
27/05/2015 1:48 pm
"UEFA is astonished and saddened by the events which have taken place earlier today in Zurich and is now waiting for additional information"

Richard Conway (@richard_conway)
27/05/2015 1:49 pm
"An informal meeting of the UEFA Executive Committee will take place this afternoon in Warsaw prior to the UEFA Europa League final"

David Conn (@david_conn)
27/05/2015 1:50 pm
FIFA: Swiss Attorney General: "It is suspected that irregularities occurred in the allocation of the Fifa World Cups of 2018 and 2022."

David Conn (@david_conn)
27/05/2015 1:52 pm
FIFA: Swiss Attorney General suspects "unjust enrichment" re Russia and Qatar World Cups, & money laundering. Says Fifa itself filed charges

The FA (@FA)
27/05/2015 1:51 pm
Greg Dyke: "We should stress this morning's developments are very serious for FIFA and its current leadership."

The FA (@FA)
27/05/2015 1:51 pm
Greg Dyke: "As one of the associations who nominated Prince Ali it will not surprise you to learn that..."

The FA (@FA)
27/05/2015 1:52 pm
Greg Dyke: "...if the election for president goes ahead The FA will be voting for him."

The FA (@FA)
27/05/2015 1:53 pm
"However, there must be a question mark over whether the election should take place in these circumstances."
Wonderwall

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

FIFA communications director Walter De Gregorio, added that "FIFA is the damaged party" and "it is once again FIFA suffering under the circumstances."
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moses » Wed May 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Massive congratulations to the Americans for peruseing this. To be frank they are cleaning up sport the best they can single handledly.
No other country took L Armstrong on, no one took on FIFA. They are the only ones.
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Moses wrote:Massive congratulations to the Americans for peruseing this. To be frank they are cleaning up sport the best they can single handledly.
No other country took L Armstrong on, no one took on FIFA. They are the only ones.

best fucking country in the world, pound for pound.

Ahem.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Let's wait and see the outcome before we start patting anyone on the back.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 27, 2015 3:19 pm

The FBI currently holding a presser & the inland rev guy, has clearly been waiting months for his moment in the limelight..............

FBI's Fifa news conference
Posted at 16:02

Richard Webb, Inland Revenue System Criminal Investigation division: "To date more than $151m has been identified. We exposed complex money laundering schemes and discovered tens of millions of dollars hidden away in off-shore accounts.

"This is the World Cup of fraud and today we are issuing Fifa a red card."
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Be good if David Gill gets arrested ......

just sayin

With you all the way. I'd put the twat in Strangeways and throw the key away

Breaking news on SSN ......

2 British nationals arrested in Zurich as part of the investigation .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum