sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:just got an email from the club telling me I can buy a Sterling shirt for £72, how nice of them. I think I will wait for Mike Ashley to get them in store!

They should throw in a free balloon with it at that price.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:just got an email from the club telling me I can buy a Sterling shirt for £72, how nice of them. I think I will wait for Mike Ashley to get them in store!

he has them now. I paid 69e for mine in a sports shop in ireland only 55e off mr ashley :(
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:34 am

The dippers have taken over the middle of my town today. They had a display in front of our City Hall. I walked through checking it out whilst wearing my City jacket. What I would have given in that moment for a Sterling shirt.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:01 am

dazby wrote:The dippers have taken over the middle of my town today. They had a display in front of our City Hall. I walked through checking it out whilst wearing my City jacket. What I would have given in that moment for a Sterling shirt.

what a shame, I agree that would have been a quality moment worthy of being filmed!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Looks like red scouse are going to spunk nearly all the Stirling money on Benteke.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:Looks like red scouse are going to spunk nearly all the Stirling money on Benteke.

Steady. They'll have a whopping £2.7m left or thereabouts (not counting wages and their previous transfer expenses).
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:56 pm

They will be able to get Rickie Lambert's brother with that.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm

If this is true, and bearing in mind Sterling will prolly have a c18.8 million impact when reported in our annual accounts (being his reported wages for the year and 1/5th of the initial price of his registration),

and scouse will have to report all of the QPR money (8.8mill) , plus 1/5th of Benteke's transfer fee (>7mill) PLUS his wages...which must be a total greater than 19 mill

who actually gets the better deal?

Or am I missing summat (JF are you there?)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:If this is true, and bearing in mind Sterling will prolly have a c18.8 million impact when reported in our annual accounts (being his reported wages for the year and 1/5th of the initial price of his registration),

and scouse will have to report all of the QPR money (8.8mill) , plus 1/5th of Benteke's transfer fee (>7mill) PLUS his wages...which must be a total greater than 19 mill

An interesting thought AS and quite an intriguing perspective.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:If this is true, and bearing in mind Sterling will prolly have a c18.8 million impact when reported in our annual accounts (being his reported wages for the year and 1/5th of the initial price of his registration),

Yea, but Benteke is a world beater and Sterling is shit and Ibe is better already anyway...
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:38 pm

I think this purchase of Benteke has the potential to be slightly tragic for a club with such eestry

Still never mind
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:04 pm

You're right in terms of year 1. Of course in the end it all amounts to Liverpool making a £6m trading surplus if you consider them as like for like replacements.

But from an accounting perspective, of course it looks rather worse for us in year 2-5
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

You're right in terms of year 1. Of course in the end it all amounts to Liverpool making a £6m trading surplus if you consider them as like for like replacements.

But from an accounting perspective, of course it looks rather worse for us in year 2-5

have you factored the revenue from sterling shirt sales into your calculations?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

highly unlikely we would sell more sterling shirts than Liverpool would sell of benteke. Last season Liverpool sold around 800,000 and were in 6th or 7th place globally for short sales. We weren't even in the top 12 on the list which was Inter at 300,000
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

highly unlikely we would sell more sterling shirts than Liverpool would sell of benteke. Last season Liverpool sold around 800,000 and were in 6th or 7th place globally for short sales. We weren't even in the top 12 on the list which was Inter at 300,000

You are wrong .Since when have Scouse II followers ever paid for anything ?
Last edited by zuricity on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

i was taking the piss
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:44 pm

john@staustell wrote:I think this purchase of Benteke has the potential to be slightly tragic for a club with such eestry

Still never mind

It's going to be a repeat of last season, isn't it.
A tragedy of epic proportions to be sure.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

i was taking the piss

My point stands either way
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:22 pm

patrickblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I think this purchase of Benteke has the potential to be slightly tragic for a club with such eestry

Still never mind

It's going to be a repeat of last season, isn't it.
A tragedy of epic proportions to be sure.

Benteke would be a lot better than lambert and balotelli. Not a bad player at all.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:30 pm

The latest anti-sterling, anti-city bile.

What a bitter rag...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum