sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Simon Mullock asks what the receptions will be for Milner at the Etihad and Sterling at Anfield. I think we know the answer. Milner will be given a warm reception and Sterling will get nasty abuse throughout the match.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:22 pm

blues2win wrote:Simon Mullock asks what the receptions will be for Milner at the Etihad and Sterling at Anfield. I think we know the answer. Milner will be given a warm reception and Sterling will get nasty abuse throughout the match.

Sterling will still be receiving death threats which will be doubled after he scores the winner
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 pm

blues2win wrote:Simon Mullock asks what the receptions will be for Milner at the Etihad and Sterling at Anfield. I think we know the answer. Milner will be given a warm reception and Sterling will get nasty abuse throughout the match.

a nailed on certainty.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:Just think, we could have got 50 Trevor Francis's.

Sky must be quietly seething that the dippers are no longer part of the top 4

God, could you imagine the dressing room (50 Trevor Francis's). It would be the most boring fu@king place on earth!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Sterling will still be receiving death threats which will be doubled after he scores the winner

I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby xavi6 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:13 am

I was against this from the start because I thought we could get better value homegrown players to fill the squad (e.g. Delph) and the big bucks should be spent on quality overseas talent that isn't overpriced.

But now that it's actually happening I'm on board. A 20-year-old with a massive future ahead of him at the right club and he brings something we seriously lacked in attack last season, apart from Aguero - pace. Him being fed by Silva and Nasri is going to be tasty to watch.

The price? Well it is what it is. We've brought in some money from selling, got rid of a few high earners, and FFP rules are relaxed. So does it really matter if he cost 30, 40 or 50 million? Not if he improves the team and turns it on for the next decade.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:36 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, there may be 20 million "homegrown bonus" but this guy is legit good and chance to be genuinely great. NQDP approves.

I reckon 10 million for his potential, 5 million for being association trained, 5 million for being a current international, apparently 5 million in addons which means he cost us 24 million pounds. I'd say that was the going rate for someone challenging for a place in our starting eleven.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:01 am

Very excited to see him linkup with Silva, Aguero, Yaya, and Nasri. He has the quick feet and interchange that fits us so well. Gives us so many more options with him and Bony in the mix to change up our approach for different teams.

Only 20 years old and massive talent. Look 2 seasons ago what he did against us, back when he was 18/19 yeas old:

http://gfycat.com/BareUnpleasantAzurevase

May turn out to be one of the main players for England in the years to come. Once the PL TV money kicks in next year, the fee won't look so extraordinary as well. And the dippers can FUCK OFF for being some of the most hypocritical cunts of all time.

Finally, here's a collection of match highlights to see how he plays over whole games (rather than a highlight vid of entire seasons). Looks like he'll fit in great at City, where he'll be surrounded by much better players than at red scouse:

https://www.youtube.com/user/i7xLFC/sea ... y=sterling
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 am

Wow. Been a while since I've been on here.......

Delph No. Sterling Yes. I'll survive somehow.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Paul68 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:19 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:45M! fucking hell this kid is going to be under immense pressure to produce from day 1.

This is why I said no if it's 50mill.
I'm worried he's going to get so much stick if he doesn't score a hat trick in every game and get 50 assists etc etc..! too much pressure. He WILL make mistakes and have off days - but will get crucified every time he does and that's a lot to take on.

Hope he can cope and turns out to be a star for us.

Crucified by the media I assume you mean and not City fans.Liverpool, it's fans and the media have tried to slag him off as much as possible and damage his career but he will rebuild it ( if indeed it needs rebuilding) at City with great performances and trophies.

Yes mate I did mean the media. he's only young and unfortunately the media can get to you sometimes unless you have the support of those around you.
He's now with the best club and fans in the world and we can make him ours and make sure he knows he's appreciated. - especially when he rips the dippers a new one!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 am

Original Dub wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:if we knew we wanted sterling enough to pay 49m, why the fuck didnt we do it quickly and quietly weeks ago?? our transfer "strategy" is fucking baffling.

I'd imagine part of the deal was that it had to be made look like a struggle was made so the dippers wouldn't lose as much face.

Like they did with suarez, torres etc.

They are so far up their own arses it's unreal. They actually think they are still relevant.

The media thing needs to be tackled though. It's easy to say it doesn't bother us, but their is a reason the sheikh bought the club and a large part of that is to portray a good image at all times.

Solely because of the british media, everything from hiring and firing mancini right through to FFP has been highlighted and vilified way beyond any acceptable amount.

I genuinely believe the one thing that wasn't planned for was the battle with the British press. It's the thorn in the Sheikh's side.

It's time to pull that fucking thorn out.

Totally agree. Question is how the club goes about it. Its clear the softly softly approach hasnt had the required effect.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:02 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:if we knew we wanted sterling enough to pay 49m, why the fuck didnt we do it quickly and quietly weeks ago?? our transfer "strategy" is fucking baffling.

I'd imagine part of the deal was that it had to be made look like a struggle was made so the dippers wouldn't lose as much face.

They are so far up their own arses it's unreal. They actually think they are still relevant.

The media thing needs to be tackled though. It's easy to say it doesn't bother us, but their is a reason the sheikh bought the club and a large part of that is to portray a good image at all times.

Solely because of the british media, everything from hiring and firing mancini right through to FFP has been highlighted and vilified way beyond any acceptable amount.

I genuinely believe the one thing that wasn't planned for was the battle with the British press. It's the thorn in the Sheikh's side.

Totally agree. Question is how the club goes about it. Its clear the softly softly approach hasnt had the required effect.

City are very aware of it. When I went on the stadium tour about four years ago when we got to the press room the guy leading the tour brought it up and said the club can't understand why they get so much stick with the press when they're treated like kings when they come to City. He said they purposely put pictures and information about them building the new training complex for the kids to make sure the media see it and remind them about all the good things we're doing for the future.

Nothing's changed in the four years since though so maybe it's time to start being ruthless with these fuckers. Slur Alice just banned the pricks he didn't like and that seemed to work
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:03 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Time is the only answer I think.

Over time, City 'friendly' people will start to appear more & more in the media. We have one or two now, where we used to have none. But we are up against Fleet Street types, plus the two evil empires of rags & scouse rags, not to mention a few left over from the days when Everton were good.

We have some good quality neutrals who are willing to give us the benefit though; like Martin Samuel & Henry Winter.

But it will be a slow process. We are talking decades of media infiltration & manipulation to fight against here.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 am

Producing our own home grown players will see a fair few more convert to the church of Sheikh Mansour. One less stick to beat us with when they realise us and Chelsea might actually produce England players of intelligence and nous.

Before that though I suspect we'll get slagged off for having a young Spanish lad or two coming through as HG qualified. Despite everyone doing it, notably media darlings Arsenal.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:12 am

Dameerto wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, there may be 20 million "homegrown bonus" but this guy is legit good and chance to be genuinely great. NQDP approves.

I reckon 10 million for his potential, 5 million for being association trained, 5 million for being a current international, apparently 5 million in addons which means he cost us 24 million pounds. I'd say that was the going rate for someone challenging for a place in our starting eleven.

I'm not complaining. I mean homegrown players who have genuine potential to improve our STARTIN LINE UP only come around every once in a while. I'm sorry to say this but your current team is one of the worst I've seen in decades as far as overall talent level goes. Don't let your ridiculously easy qualifying group fool you.

So essentially it was toss up between Sterling and Barkley. Delph was a fall back option to just fill the quota. Ramsey would fit us but Arsenal will not sell and we have never been too eager. Then there's Bale but that's about it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:38 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I'm not complaining. I mean homegrown players who have genuine potential to improve our STARTIN LINE UP only come around every once in a while. I'm sorry to say this but your current team is one of the worst I've seen in decades as far as overall talent level goes. Don't let your ridiculously easy qualifying group fool you.

So essentially it was toss up between Sterling and Barkley. Delph was a fall back option to just fill the quota. Ramsey would fit us but Arsenal will not sell and we have never been too eager. Then there's Bale but that's about it.

You are accenting 'starting lineup' & the point is 100% correct re Sterling/England, but I think City are also positioning themselves against possible rag infestation shit ons from the top of the FA/UEFA. We have Dyke & David Gill, Ferdinand, Ferguson, all kinds of cunts involved, & Dyke has already mentioned his plan for 12 'homegrown' players.

I don't think it will come through, but after the stitchup of ffp, I think City are preparing for the worst, so we could see one or two more Delph style moves coming up, if we can't get the 'A' list homegrown players.

I think the two 18 year old strikers we have just signed, may be at least partly because of the Dyke threat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:43 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

When you look through the home nations teams, there really are very few options who would get in City's first team. Sterling is certainly the best choice from England and Bale from Wales. You're scratching around a little after that. I wonder about Ryan Bertrand maybe?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:46 am

not happy about this at all, will get my hat ready to eat.
Last edited by MilnersJaw on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wooders » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:47 am

At last someone else who thinks we should be going for Bertrand
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:57 am

MilnersJaw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 am

not happy about this at all, will get my hat ready to eat

It's perfectly OK to have doubts MJ - that's what opinions are all about and the more different ones there are, the better, to my mind.

I'm still dubious myself, for diverse reasons, about this particular transfer but now that Sterling is 'ours', I'm fervently praying that all my concerns are completely ill-founded.

Under such circumstances, I'd love to end up with egg on my face and I'm hoping it's from day one of the new season.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum