sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Is this the same fucking Liverpool FC that PAID £35 MILLION FOR FUCKING ANDY CARROLL !!!!!!

AGENDA !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, there may be 20 million "homegrown bonus" but this guy is legit good and chance to be genuinely great. NQDP approves.

A while back I wouldn't have agreed with that at all, but playing in the Prem, for a team who, admittedly even under Brenda, try to pass the ball, press etc, with people like Suarez & even Gerrard, has brought on Sterling in a totally different way, to if he'd played for a lower league team, a reserve team, or a Fat Sam type manager, imo.

It makes me sad that our kids are still completely inexperienced at the age he was scoring goals for Liverpool, because i think we have some who would be capable of doing the same. They will be at least two or three years behind.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Yup. Totally right. Marcos Lopes being the obvious example... and players of his quality aren't even rare in the academy set up now.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, there may be 20 million "homegrown bonus" but this guy is legit good and chance to be genuinely great. NQDP approves.

A while back I wouldn't have agreed with that at all, but playing in the Prem, for a team who, admittedly even under Brenda, try to pass the ball, press etc, with people like Suarez & even Gerrard, has brought on Sterling in a totally different way, to if he'd played for a lower league team, a reserve team, or a Fat Sam type manager, imo.

It makes me sad that our kids are still completely inexperienced at the age he was scoring goals for Liverpool, because i think we have some who would be capable of doing the same. They will be at least two or three years behind.

Kid is little bit like Tranaldo was at his age. Surrounded by experienced players and allowed to do his thing. Still little bit too fancy for his own sake occasionally and tries to go past too many players but I like his cockiness and if as I expect he will be paired with Silva behind Aguero he will have the room to develope further and do his thing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Kid is little bit like Tranaldo was at his age. Surrounded by experienced players and allowed to do his thing. Still little bit too fancy for his own sake occasionally and tries to go past too many players but I like his cockiness and if as I expect he will be paired with Silva behind Aguero he will have the room to develope further and do his thing.

He has plenty of faults & rough edges, but ability to fix them & absolutely perfect people to teach him how to do it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:12 pm

twosips wrote:Yup. Totally right. Marcos Lopes being the obvious example... and players of his quality aren't even rare in the academy set up now.

Yeah.

I just hope we get the next bit right.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Press now saying 100 million for Sterling claiming he will be paid 200,000 a week. Very much doubt that's true.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:23 pm

They may as well pin the economic woes of Greece on us as well.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:25 pm

thats quite a lot of money to pay for him…but i guess its because he's english. based on quality alone he's worth nowhere near that.
i also really, really hope he's not earning even close to 200k per week. half that should be sufficient for the kid.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Saw the report on sky oh my god the arrogant bias shower of shites. Going on about the fee. Comparing it to rags signing wio in 2002 for 30mill. 2002 for fuck sake the thick fucks completely ignoring inflation in the market for the last 13 years.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Just think, we could have got 50 Trevor Francis's.

Sky must be quietly seething that the dippers are no longer part of the top 4
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:46 pm

if we knew we wanted sterling enough to pay 49m, why the fuck didnt we do it quickly and quietly weeks ago?? our transfer "strategy" is fucking baffling.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Surely Mr Sterling will be taking the number 7 shirt.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Spurge » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:02 pm

The rags paid £27m for Shrek in 2004.

I don't recall them getting loads of shit at the time for spending what could be considered a comparable amount of money taking on board the inflationary factor some 11 years on for what would have been potential only.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:if we knew we wanted sterling enough to pay 49m, why the fuck didnt we do it quickly and quietly weeks ago?? our transfer "strategy" is fucking baffling.

I'd imagine part of the deal was that it had to be made look like a struggle was made so the dippers wouldn't lose as much face.

Like they did with suarez, torres etc.

They are so far up their own arses it's unreal. They actually think they are still relevant.

The media thing needs to be tackled though. It's easy to say it doesn't bother us, but their is a reason the sheikh bought the club and a large part of that is to portray a good image at all times.

Solely because of the british media, everything from hiring and firing mancini right through to FFP has been highlighted and vilified way beyond any acceptable amount.

I genuinely believe the one thing that wasn't planned for was the battle with the British press. It's the thorn in the Sheikh's side.

It's time to pull that fucking thorn out.
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:if we knew we wanted sterling enough to pay 49m, why the fuck didnt we do it quickly and quietly weeks ago?? our transfer "strategy" is fucking baffling.

Simple negotiations - if we had gone in with that figure guess what - the asking price would have become 60m.

I admire the way the club have conducted this - get the pressure on to the point where redscouse need to settle, whilst giving them a deal that they an dress up as a win
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Spurge wrote:The rags paid £27m for Shrek in 2004.

I don't recall them getting loads of shit at the time for spending what could be considered a comparable amount of money taking on board the inflationary factor some 11 years on for what would have been potential only.

They paid £27m for fucking luke shaw and it wasn't even questioned.

It's an agenda and nothing else. It is the only answer. No other answer makes sense.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Spurge wrote:The rags paid £27m for Shrek in 2004.

They paid £27m for fucking luke shaw and it wasn't even questioned.

It's an agenda and nothing else. It is the only answer. No other answer makes sense.

Furthermore, there have been no adverse comments about the recent (exorbitant) fee for Tia Maria, or the amount they could have been stumping up for FowlCow.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Has he signed yet?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:20 pm

I've been dubious about signing Sterling but, if he is now 'ours' (which is looking most likely), it's going to be most interesting seeing how quickly he can fit in with us and how quickly he will develop further, with the increased quality of the City players who will be around him.

£49 million is a sizeable fee but it's made a little more palatable by the knowledge that ScouseScum won't be pocketing the full amount for themselves.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum