sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:18 am

dick dastardley wrote:fuck sterling get isco in 35mil should see us close to his value!!

What homegrown player should we then get instead?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:fuck sterling get isco in 35mil should see us close to his value!!

What homegrown player should we then get instead?

Richard Dunne.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Blue Noodle » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Blue Noodle wrote:I don't think zuiricity is suggesting that we should populate the team with 15mil players. He just doesn't think Sterling is worth more than that. And I agree that he's well overvalued at €40-45mil. However, if the club have that amount set aside in the budget to get him, then fair enough. I'd be more than happy to see him at City. But if it means we can't sign one of our other top targets because there's a hole in the transfer kitty or FFP bollocks then I think it's not worth it. I also think 80mil for Pogba is waaaaay too much. But I'm a miserly bastard. Haven't even donated to this site.

Sterling isn't worth more than 15m my left foot.

Fucking wackos.

West ham and stoke and others are buying cunts no ones ever heard of for 12m and the like and sterling is worth just a couple million more as one of the brightest young English talents around?

Cheers

I'm not saying he's only worth £15m. Even I know he's worth more than that. He's a £25m-£30m IMHO, but, as I said, if the club have budgeted £40m+ to sign him then bring it on. I just don't want to see that sort of dosh splashed out on him if it stops us from signing our other top targets.
And there are other players out there who could improve the team just as much as Sterling for £25m while being less of a risk. Athletico Madrid and Sevilla seem to be able to find them at will. Speaking of Atleti, have they confirmed the signing of Vietto? Because if they haven't I would hi-jack the sh1t out of that deal. That lad is going to be a star.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Blue Noodle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Blue Noodle wrote:I don't think zuiricity is suggesting that we should populate the team with 15mil players. He just doesn't think Sterling is worth more than that. And I agree that he's well overvalued at €40-45mil. However, if the club have that amount set aside in the budget to get him, then fair enough. I'd be more than happy to see him at City. But if it means we can't sign one of our other top targets because there's a hole in the transfer kitty or FFP bollocks then I think it's not worth it. I also think 80mil for Pogba is waaaaay too much. But I'm a miserly bastard. Haven't even donated to this site.

Fucking wackos.

West ham and stoke and others are buying cunts no ones ever heard of for 12m and the like and sterling is worth just a couple million more as one of the brightest young English talents around?

Cheers

I'm not saying he's only worth £15m. Even I know he's worth more than that. He's a £25m-£30m IMHO, but, as I said, if the club have budgeted £40m+ to sign him then bring it on. I just don't want to see that sort of dosh splashed out on him if it stops us from signing our other top targets.
And there are other players out there who could improve the team just as much as Sterling for £25m while being less of a risk. Athletico Madrid and Sevilla seem to be able to find them at will. Speaking of Atleti, have they confirmed the signing of Vietto? Because if they haven't I would hi-jack the sh1t out of that deal. That lad is going to be a star.

ISCO 40 mill YES
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Blue Noodle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Fucking wackos.

Cheers

Who?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Noodle » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Slim wrote:
Blue Noodle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Fucking wackos.

Cheers

Who?

Apologies. I've got dyslexic fingers. I get strange looks whenever I flick the v sign.
Blue Noodle

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ezz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Harry Kane..... I'd start a bidding war for him. Failing that Bale would do me!
Wilshere probably more preferable than sterling at half the price if he could stay fit.
Ezz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Ezz wrote:Harry Kane..... I'd start a bidding war for him. Failing that Bale would do me!
Wilshere probably more preferable than sterling at half the price if he could stay fit.

Kane? Pay around the same price for someone that plays in a position that doesn't need addressing urgently, he'd likely just be a bench warmer for us.

Bale? Would he be willing? How much would he cost? Probably nearly twice what Sterling would

Wilshere? Probably end up costing nearly as much as Sterling and his injury record is appalling
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Genuinely think Kane had a freak wonder season and he'll not match it again, personally.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm

twosips wrote:Genuinely think Kane had a freak wonder season and he'll not match it again, personally.

it did feel like a purple patch kinda season. Hope i'm wrong, because i love his energy and enthusiasm.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:20 pm

Blue Noodle wrote:
Slim wrote:
Blue Noodle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Fucking wackos.

Cheers

Who?

Apologies. I've got dyslexic fingers. I get strange looks whenever I flick the v sign.

You're one to talk aren't you Slim after recently!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:40 pm

This is just unbelievable broken british journalism

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 48338.html
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:This is just unbelievable broken british journalism

After getting as far as the description "big spending Manchester City", I couldn't be bothered to read any further.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

After getting as far as the description "big spending Manchester City", I couldn't be bothered to read any further.

No. I didn't bother either. It seems the media are as needy for a story as we are.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

NO you have to read it, its really unbelievable, they have used Football manager to say we wont win the league with him
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

NO you have to read it, its really unbelievable, they have used Football manager to say we wont win the league with him

Has Khaldoon seen this?

Someone get Leatherface on the phone, stat.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Hurrah, this can save us a fortune on season tickets and prevent us wasting time and energy going to the match.
Give Chelsea the trophy now!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I did as you suggested WW and went back to read it.

It's totally pathetic at best and if they were as successful with their predictions, as they seem to confidently assert, they would have won the Lottery long ago.

If it was April 1st, it might have been slightly humorous........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

It is rather hilarious. I think Sterling is not rated so high nor given much potential rating in FM15 anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I did as you suggested WW and went back to read it.

It's totally pathetic at best and if they were as successful with their predictions, as they seem to confidently assert, they would have won the Lottery long ago.

If it was April 1st, it might have been slightly humorous........

It makes you wonder about the people who write this drivel and the editors who allow it to go out. This is lazy journalism at it's very worst. Wonder how the simulator for the dippers with or without Sterling went. Relegation perchance?

It's the sort of article a ten year old would write
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum