sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 pm

The fact that he calls Phil Thompson, Phil 'Johnson', immediately lessens the impact of that otherwise quite truthful article. It leaves it wide open to be ravaged and torn apart by the rabid scousers claiming that the guy didn't even bother to do the research properly.

Quite entertaining though. If you could get that onto RAWK with the name changed, we could all put our feet up, get the popcorn out and watch the show.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Hazy2 wrote:If we do get stitched up I am guessing our Chairman will be expecting a damn good reason.

Just look at Liverpool's spending pattern since the season closed - free signings and links to low cost players - then all of a sudden almost 30m on a skinny version of Kim Jong Un. Sterling's been sold and they are being allowed to buy his replacement before announcing it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Oh thank god we haven't bought him!
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:If we do get stitched up I am guessing our Chairman will be expecting a damn good reason.

Just look at Liverpool's spending pattern since the season closed - free signings and links to low cost players - then all of a sudden almost 30m on a skinny version of Kim Jong Un. Sterling's been sold and they are being allowed to buy his replacement before announcing it.

I meant to say Di Maria would be fine with me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

zuricity wrote:Oh thank god we haven't bought him!

how would you know that exactly?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:40 pm

I think zurcity is staking his case so he can say he never wanted sterling.

Unfortunately, if he turns out like I think he can, zurcity is going to look a complete knob.
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:09 pm

Nice one OD .

I will be more than happy to admit i was wrong if Sterling proves to be a great player over the next decade.

15 mill for a punt, a risk on a young lad... maybe .

However 45 to 50 mill on someone you are not even going to build your team around ? No way !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:28 pm

zuricity wrote:Nice one OD .

I will be more than happy to admit i was wrong if Sterling proves to be a great player over the next decade.

15 mill for a punt, a risk on a young lad... maybe .

However 45 to 50 mill on someone you are not even going to build your team around ? No way !

alrighty. well, forge ahead with your 15M options and it'll get you what we've seen for that cash over the last few seasons....the Garcias, Nastacics, Fernandos, Sinclairs, Rodwells, etc....sounds like a solid fucking plan.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby City64 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Ok , sounds very much like dippers are spending the money on shite we have promised for Sterling which is good news . Rag media ( Mirror) putting there usual bollocks on things ....... all seems very Rosie for us life is good MCFC forever Santorini over and out !

Ps so many yanks holidaying here can't believe I haven't bumped into Doomie ? haha
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Noodle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:05 pm

I don't think zuiricity is suggesting that we should populate the team with 15mil players. He just doesn't think Sterling is worth more than that. And I agree that he's well overvalued at €40-45mil. However, if the club have that amount set aside in the budget to get him, then fair enough. I'd be more than happy to see him at City. But if it means we can't sign one of our other top targets because there's a hole in the transfer kitty or FFP bollocks then I think it's not worth it. I also think 80mil for Pogba is waaaaay too much. But I'm a miserly bastard. Haven't even donated to this site.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 am

Blue Noodle wrote:I don't think zuiricity is suggesting that we should populate the team with 15mil players. He just doesn't think Sterling is worth more than that. And I agree that he's well overvalued at €40-45mil. However, if the club have that amount set aside in the budget to get him, then fair enough. I'd be more than happy to see him at City. But if it means we can't sign one of our other top targets because there's a hole in the transfer kitty or FFP bollocks then I think it's not worth it. I also think 80mil for Pogba is waaaaay too much. But I'm a miserly bastard. Haven't even donated to this site.

Sterling isn't worth more than 15m my left foot.

Fucking wackos.

West ham and stoke and others are buying cunts no ones ever heard of for 12m and the like and sterling is worth just a couple million more as one of the brightest young English talents around?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 am

Sterling should cost 15 mil, but he doesn't.

If Danny Ings was the middle of a contract at Burnley, he would cost 15/20 mil. Adam Lallana cost 24 mil.

A 20 year old kid, with huge potential, who plays for England, costs stupid money.

Pogba, who wasn't good enough to even play for the rags, a year ago, is going to cost even more & isn't even homegrown.

It's all bollocks, but it is how it is. That's what they cost.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Sterling should cost 15 mil, but he doesn't.

If Danny Ings was the middle of a contract at Burnley, he would cost 15/20 mil. Adam Lallana cost 24 mil.

A 20 year old kid, with huge potential, who plays for England, costs stupid money.

Pogba, who wasn't good enough to even play for the rags, a year ago, is going to cost even more & isn't even homegrown.

It's all bollocks, but it is how it is. That's what they cost.

The market is what the market is.

People act like this is their fucking missus out shopping at the weekend. It's a fucking rich man's game that we get to watch. Whether these millionaire cunts are 20m or 50m it really doesn't change our lives one bit. You pay what they're worth or you move onto the next one. Simples.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:52 am

I wish he would hurry the fuck up and get it signed for no other reason that im bored!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:13 am

Dubciteh wrote:I wish he would hurry the fuck up and get it signed for no other reason that im bored!

Same. I'm not arsed about him personally signing, I just want someone to sign. I'd take Joey back right now!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 am

Mase wrote:I'd take Joey back right now!

Barton or Deacon?
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 am

We've yet to see what Sterling can do with a team of quality players around him, not just one or 2, I reckon we could get the best out of him, let's give the lad a chance.
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:52 am

The scouse mafia's character assassination of Sterling is being ramped up, so it's obviously getting toward that time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:07 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
Mase wrote:I'd take Joey back right now!

Barton or Deacon?

Essex
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 am

fuck sterling get isco in 35mil should see us close to his value!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum