sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 pm

is bale classed as HG? Ramsey?

I have no idea.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I would drop the Sterling Pursuit for Bale in a blink of an eye. No brainer World Class game changer for a player who could be a dud as well his off the field Gangsta shite !

i don't believe it's either fucking or.

Thankfully.

i would write five paragraphs in defense of "why" and argue with myself, mostly, and some others. However, i don't think that's required at this time.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Five? Slacker.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Bale & Ramsey would both be homegrown. For European purposes, it is any player who has been registered to a club in England for 3 years or more before 21.

So bizarrely, Iheanacho isn't homegrown at all right now, but he will be, in fact he will count as 'club trained' !

I don't get the argument about Sterling's price pushing up the cost of 'homegrown' players being a negative, seeing as we plan to be producing shitloads of them.

The more they cost, the better for us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I would drop the Sterling Pursuit for Bale in a blink of an eye. No brainer World Class game changer for a player who could be a dud as well his off the field Gangsta shite !

i don't believe it's either fucking or.

Thankfully.

i would write five paragraphs in defense of "why" and argue with myself, mostly, and some others. However, i don't think that's required at this time.

cheers

what, cheers
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Bale & Ramsey would both be homegrown. For European purposes, it is any player who has been registered to a club in England for 3 years or more before 21.

So bizarrely, Iheanacho isn't homegrown at all right now, but he will be, in fact he will count as 'club trained' !

I don't get the argument about Sterling's price pushing up the cost of 'homegrown' players being a negative, seeing as we plan to be producing shitloads of them.

Players have a price if we could get a player in and we want to spend daft money then take a shot at getting Bale is all I am saying, carry on....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:48 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Bale & Ramsey would both be homegrown. For European purposes, it is any player who has been registered to a club in England for 3 years or more before 21.

Players have a price if we could get a player in and we want to spend daft money then take a shot at getting Bale is all I am saying, carry on....

you might try using the misplaced comma higher up in this thread, for example.

"What" is probably about right for you.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

you might try using the misplaced comma higher up in this thread, for example.

"What" is probably about right for you.

cheers

can you stop being a prick or is it just in your nature cheers...... Camenbert is very nice with your tipple btw
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Signing Bale would have no baring on the Sterling situation. More likely DeBruyne would be sacrificed, or if we couldn't persuade Pogba to sign.

But I think we are just testing the water with Bale & making contact in case we bid in the future, should Real decide to sell.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 pm

The price paid for Bale by RM according to their own TV Channel was €91m, however, with the exchange rate being so strong for the pound against the Euro that the fee of €91m equates to £64m. I think Bale would be negotiated lower too, as he wasnt exactly ripping up trees. Say we offered them €75m which is a lot of money but that equates to £53m.

When you look at it in that perspective, it seems crazy to buy Sterling when you may have a chance of landing Bale.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Signing Bale would have no baring on the Sterling situation. More likely DeBruyne would be sacrificed, or if we couldn't persuade Pogba to sign.

But I think we are just testing the water with Bale & making contact in case we bid in the future, should Real decide to sell.

Bale would have 3 options Rags, Chelski and gods own team. I am old school a big signing done without fuss would be right up my street, the old BOOM, DONE as the rags try and get the last penny for the keeper we nail it, making them look like the twats they are.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The price paid for Bale by RM according to their own TV Channel was €91m, however, with the exchange rate being so strong for the pound against the Euro that the fee of €91m equates to £64m. I think Bale would be negotiated lower too, as he wasnt exactly ripping up trees. Say we offered them €75m which is a lot of money but that equates to £53m.

When you look at it in that perspective, it seems crazy to buy Sterling when you may have a chance of landing Bale.

You would only have a chance of landing Bale, if Real wanted to sell him. If they did, they would use the money to buy Pogba.

Also it would most likely be DeBruyne who was left out for Bale, not Sterling.

But whilst waiting for Real to eventually turn down your bid for Bale, you would lose either DeBruyne or Sterling.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:The price paid for Bale by RM according to their own TV Channel was €91m, however, with the exchange rate being so strong for the pound against the Euro that the fee of €91m equates to £64m. I think Bale would be negotiated lower too, as he wasnt exactly ripping up trees. Say we offered them €75m which is a lot of money but that equates to £53m.

You would only have a chance of landing Bale, if Real wanted to sell him. If they did, they would use the money to buy Pogba.

But whilst waiting for Real to eventually turn down your bid for Bale, you would lose either DeBruyne or Sterling.

Sterling spent most of last season wide right, as did Bale? Who says we would miss out on Pogba? We can get both and I am not personally bothered about KDB
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I certainly hope so in the future. However as you have pointed out yourself, we have not tried any of our best prospects in the first team as of yet. We are left with a squad that needs refreshing and part of that involves maintaining a certain number of HG spots. You only get the kind of money that they are asking for Sterling, for a kid that has already established himself in the Premiership. Our lads haven't as of yet. This is the only negative about the cost of HG players at the moment. As you say, all things being equal in the future, we should start making money out of this situation.

Ted Hughes wrote:Signing Bale would have no baring on the Sterling situation. More likely DeBruyne would be sacrificed, or if we couldn't persuade Pogba to sign.

iwasthere2012 wrote:I agree about Bale. I don't believe we are in for him, but it raises the whole profile of CFG in the sporting world. It is good publicity for us and also shows the world that we would be willing to bid for him, if he ever comes on the market. It is also not a bad idea to have that photo opportunity in light of the current negotiations with Liverpool. Whatever the reasons, I doubt very much it was an accident. I'm sure bale has his own reasons, but they are probably different to ours.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Sterling spent most of last season wide right, as did Bale? Who says we would miss out on Pogba? We can get both and I am not personally bothered about KDB

Real have to have a toy & it would be Pogba. We would pay for it. Sterling can play anywhrre across the front as can Bale, but Sterling is right footed & Bale is left footed.

KDB is much very similar to Bale in ability on the ball, so you would not sign both.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:43 pm

These deals btw, will have been ongoing for months. So it's pretty unlikely we are going to dump on Sterling DeBruyne or Pogba unless they indicate they are going to let us down.

City probably have assurances from all 3 that they will sign. If they change their minds then it can't be helped but we will not just pull out on the whim of a different player unless they fuck us about. If we are in for Bale, that too will have been ongoing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm

You are so right on Madrid, this is the level we are at, if we are to get these deals done now and in the future as in every walk of life, you need to be prepared to do what it takes.if its 80 for Pogba and not the 70 plus do it, Blow them out of the water as long as the player is up for it you will only get rewards long term I like Sterling a lot, always have,I like the sound of Ramos, Spain Captain yep for me, do it he is a winner and has 3 great years left in him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Sterling's best days were wide left with Suarez in the middle and Sturridge on the right.

Bony in the middle, Kun wide right? sounds like a fucking front 3 when it's required. When it isn't Sterling can play in a No 10 role behind any striker i believe.

I think we still like players with some flexibility....our style isn't a predictable formation, even when most of us think it is. The challenge is that the "style" we play breaks down as soon as about 2 fuckers get lazy, distracted or lose the plot. It requires equal blends of discipline and thoughtfulness. We play a tactical "formation" that is incredibly demanding on literally every role. Easy to say that's the case with everyone, but clearly it isn't. We do a high wire act and when it snaps into place no one is more lethal over the last 2 years i don't believe, when you look at it in aggregate.

Sterling offers flexibility i believe, which is why we're after him. But i believe he'd be played wide left most times, but swapping places with Silva so often that cunts have no idea where either might be on any given run.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:These deals btw, will have been ongoing for months. So it's pretty unlikely we are going to dump on Sterling DeBruyne or Pogba unless they indicate they are going to let us down.

City probably have assurances from all 3 that they will sign. If they change their minds then it can't be helped but we will not just pull out on the whim of a different player unless they fuck us about. If we are in for Bale, that too will have been ongoing.

Hazard was talking to us for months according to almost every outlet, even attended the Derby? If you have his agents ear you get it done. I happen to think if the Spaniards do not get the deals done then an inquest will be needed. As you say month in the making you lose one ok that happens, player wants London or Barca is his dream, lose more than that ! Rich boys will not accept it and will react on the culprits with A P45
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:These deals btw, will have been ongoing for months. So it's pretty unlikely we are going to dump on Sterling DeBruyne or Pogba unless they indicate they are going to let us down.

Hazard was talking to us for months according to almost every outlet, even attended the Derby? If you have his agents ear you get it done. I happen to think if the Spaniards do not get the deals done then an inquest will be needed. As you say month in the making you lose one ok that happens, player wants London or Barca is his dream, lose more than that ! Rich boys will not accept it and will react on the culprits with A P45

At the time we were refusing to pay a bribe to his agent & under the restraints of impending ffp az well as it now transpires, behind Chelsea in the negotiations.

I'll tell you now what will happen if Pogba or whoever doesn't sign; fuck all. Because our owner & chairman know how it works & they will most likely have the final say if it requires stupid money.

Was Marwood sacked ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum