Aguerooooo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Aguerooooo

Postby freshie » Sun May 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Wow. He looks to be finally back to full fitness, as he was before the injury in the Everton game, and what an incredible player we have. Phenomenal performance from him today and whlst QPR were awful, Sergio was simply magnificent. His quality shone today and he was the best player on the pitch. You could tell by seeing him darting around the pitch, holding defenders off and outpacing everyone that he was back to full fitness and the confidence that it gives him is incredible. Great workrate, passing but most of all exquisite movement and clinical finishing highlighted the world class talent that he is. His second goal where he chipped Green was akin to a Messi finish. To think that he has scored 31 goals in yet another injury-plagued season shows how far ahead he is of any other striker in the Premier League and with 25 goals in the Prem he is surely destined to get the Golden Boot. Yet he still didn't get shortlisted for PFA player of the year and didn't make the PFA team of the year - ridiculous. Him and Silva were outstanding today but Sergio is the one we need to build the team around. Performances like his today make me incredibly happy to be a Blue. Take a bow son!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Aguerooooo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 10, 2015 10:41 pm

He's not fully fit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Sun May 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He's not fully fit.

Really? Well he looked as fit as I have ever seen him in a City shirt. I hope you're right because then a fully fit Segio would easily score 50 goals a season
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:02 pm

freshie wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He's not fully fit.

Really? Well he looked as fit as I have ever seen him in a City shirt. I hope you're right because then a fully fit Segio would easily score 50 goals a season

Yes, he would.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 pm

He stopped taking long range shots some time ago.
When he came here first he had a rocket of a shot on him and scored a number of long range goals.

I reckon this could also be down to him nurturing certain muscles that give him trouble.

His game in general has changed significantly over the last two years or so and that is also a credit to him.

There's a reason he was so emotional when he felt his knee go v Everton. He does everything possible to try to avoid regular injury and he deserves a full season to really show the world what he is capable of.

He also deserves a couple of marque players to take some of the responsibility off him and to provide him with more tap ins.

Bale and Pogba and we'll waltz to the title next season.
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:He stopped taking long range shots some time ago.
When he came here first he had a rocket of a shot on him and scored a number of long range goals.

I reckon this could also be down to him nurturing certain muscles that give him trouble.

His game in general has changed significantly over the last two years or so and that is also a credit to him.

There's a reason he was so emotional when he felt his knee go v Everton. He does everything possible to try to avoid regular injury and he deserves a full season to really show the world what he is capable of.

He also deserves a couple of marque players to take some of the responsibility off him and to provide him with more tap ins.

Good point about the long range shooting. However, the confident way he smashed his penalty seemed to me a good indicator that he is feeling a lot better now
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon May 11, 2015 6:34 am

When he was through for his 2nd I was praying the defender didn't take the prof. foul and bring him down, luckily there's no catching an almost fully fit Aguero.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 11, 2015 6:40 am

The Count recons they have fixed his injury problems & that he now just needs to play plenty of games. The knee injury, he says, was just a one off which could happen to anyone, & not related to any of the previous injuries which were an ongoing problem.

If he's right then we may at last see a fully functioning Sergio, including distance shooting, for a sustained period next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:46 am

Up there with Ronaldo and Messi, for sure, seen over the last two seasons. Injuries are the only thing that keep him from really making a name for himself on the world stage.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby sheblue » Mon May 11, 2015 7:14 am

Simply world class.
Would love to have him fit for a season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 11, 2015 7:22 am

A good season from him will see him included in our all time top ten scorers and our top ten cup scorers, he is already our leading Premier League scorer ( although we have hardly been blessed in this department in the last 20 years) and our top European hitman.
Three seasons more would probably see him being our all time No1 striker.
Of course the spectre or injury and Real Madrid coming a calling always hangs over him.
He is destined to be an all time legend for City.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Mon May 11, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 11, 2015 7:45 am

He's bang in form and fit you can tell by his body shape he is looking really lean at the moment.

Long my it continue and Argentina not fuck him up in the Summer.

*I've just started praying
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 11, 2015 8:36 am

Original Dub wrote:He stopped taking long range shots some time ago.

he can still whack them at a pace though, no matter what the distance
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum