Pot 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pot 2

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 14, 2015 9:21 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:In response to a question in another thread, if a club which wins the champions league also qualifies through being champions of their national league, then the place goes to the league winners in the 8th ranked country. As both Juventus and Barcelona have won their league, that now definitely moves Dynamo Kiev above us and into pot 1 (or PSV depending on who you believe)

if Napoli win tonight, I believe they will also move above us on coefficient points although I'm a little unclear whether their current standing on the uefa website includes last week's draw (unless I've done my sums wrong, they should be 2 points behind us and will get 2 points should they win tonight, and a point for reaching the next round). But if they win the Europa league, we will definitely be in pot 3 unless one of United, Valencia or Leverkusen fail to qualify.

The only other scenario is that if the strike in Spain stops the season from finishing, with no confirmed league positions no Spanish team would qualify (except Barcelona if they win the CL). Of course the chances of Real Madrid allowing that to happen are remote in the extreme.

Except for one thing. Barcelona have far from won the title. They have a very tough game this weekend at Athletico while Real go to Espanyol.
The final games see Barca at home to Deprtivo while Real entertain Getafe.
Because of the ridiculous goal difference, ( +88 to Madrids's +73)
Real probably need a big favour from their city rivals, beating Barcelona rather than just a draw.
It's stacked in Barca's favour but far from done.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 14, 2015 9:32 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:In response to a question in another thread, if a club which wins the champions league also qualifies through being champions of their national league, then the place goes to the league winners in the 8th ranked country. As both Juventus and Barcelona have won their league, that now definitely moves Dynamo Kiev above us and into pot 1 (or PSV depending on who you believe)

if Napoli win tonight, I believe they will also move above us on coefficient points although I'm a little unclear whether their current standing on the uefa website includes last week's draw (unless I've done my sums wrong, they should be 2 points behind us and will get 2 points should they win tonight, and a point for reaching the next round). But if they win the Europa league, we will definitely be in pot 3 unless one of United, Valencia or Leverkusen fail to qualify.

The only other scenario is that if the strike in Spain stops the season from finishing, with no confirmed league positions no Spanish team would qualify (except Barcelona if they win the CL). Of course the chances of Real Madrid allowing that to happen are remote in the extreme.

Except for one thing. Barcelona have far from won the title. They have a very tough game this weekend at Athletico while Real go to Espanyol.
The final games see Barca at home to Deprtivo while Real entertain Getafe.
Because of the ridiculous goal difference, ( +88 to Madrids's +73)
Real probably need a big favour from their city rivals, beating Barcelona rather than just a draw.
It's stacked in Barca's favour but far from done.

Realistically, Barca need 2 points from their last two games and with the last one being Getafe, who are 5 points away from relegation but in all honesty they are safe and will know for sure by the time they play Barca, it will be a walk in the park for Barca. I say 8-0 ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 am

Ah bollox. My eyes are going, I read it that Madrid were on 88 and not the 86 they actually are.
Forget all that nonsense then.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 14, 2015 9:47 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Ah bollox. My eyes are going, I read it that Madrid were on 88 and not the 86 they actually are.
Forget all that nonsense then.

Are you not wearing your glasses again Roger :-)
Wonderwall

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 14, 2015 9:58 am

I'm still putting off the day when I become a 'furniture face'. My eyesight won't get through my next medical. Mind you I didn't think I would pass the last one.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm still putting off the day when I become a 'furniture face'. My eyesight won't get through my next medical. Mind you I didn't think I would pass the last one.

I have a secret pair of reading glasses to read small print in my desk drawer, unfortunately they make me realise how bad my eyes are getting :-(
Wonderwall

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 14, 2015 10:19 am

I won't be able to have contacts because I am such a big girl's blouse about stuff in my eyes. I can't even manage to put eye drops in without a right carry on.
Maybe glasses will make me look distinguished and brainy rather than a bog eyed auld twat?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 14, 2015 10:22 am

That Dnipro v Napoli game is on ITV4 tonight, kick off 8.05pm

For those in Ireland, 3e are also showing it live.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I won't be able to have contacts because I am such a big girl's blouse about stuff in my eyes. I can't even manage to put eye drops in without a right carry on.
Maybe glasses will make me look distinguished and brainy rather than a bog eyed auld twat?

I believe many women find balding, mature gentlemen with glasses very appealing. Allegedly.

Old cunt.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Thu May 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I won't be able to have contacts because I am such a big girl's blouse about stuff in my eyes. I can't even manage to put eye drops in without a right carry on.

I'm as squeamish as they come and have had to wear glasses most of my life - contacts take a small amount of getting used to at first (those finger tips so close to the eyeball) BUT it's well worth it. You'll eventually be wearing them without giving it a second thought if you try it.
It's been quite a few years since I last wore some, but at the time the daily disposables were supposed to be the most comfortable - the higher the water content the less irritation to the eyeball you feel and the dailies at that time had the highest. (There's probably been some changes/advancements since then though).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Pot 2, pot 3. If the Champions League wasn't a corrupt, rigged affair designed to keep favoured clubs at the forefront then it would make a difference which pot we are in.

As the Champions League isn't a level playing field, we will be given a shitty draw regardless of our pot. I hope the rags fuck up their qualifier as it would be hilarious but I shan't worry too much about it
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Thu May 14, 2015 4:06 pm

So next season, we could end up get Bayern and Real and us in the same group.

Happy days.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Slim wrote:So next season, we could end up get Bayern and Real and us in the same group.

Happy days.

And someone like Lazio or a Turkish team

Nice
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu May 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Slim wrote:So next season, we could end up get Bayern and Real and us in the same group.

Happy days.

We're gonna play like shit again anyway... Isn't it at least better to lose for the likes of real and Bayern instead of ludogorets and CSKA?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Dnipro still drawing 0-0.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Dnipro still drawing 0-0.

what about napoli?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

what about napoli?

They're losing 0-0.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

what about napoli?

They're losing 0-0.

'kin cunts
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 14, 2015 7:53 pm

What's that all about, putting a 'd' straight before a fucking 'n'. That's just pointless.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:What's that all about, putting a 'd' straight before a fucking 'n'. That's just pointless.

It's perfectly normal Ted.
Just say it with an Irish accent and you'll get it.
De Neepro, just like de newspaper or de nearest pub.
They're 1-0 up on the night now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum