Pot 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pot 2

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 26, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks Picc's & Slim

Makes things a lot clearer.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Slim » Tue May 26, 2015 12:59 am

CTID Hants wrote:Thanks Picc's & Slim

Makes things a lot clearer.

You want to be more confused?

Italy are about to drop a couple of very poor seasons from their coefficient and England are going to lose their best performance in the coefficient next season.
This will allow them to close the gap on the top 3 by 7 points(currently England are 10 points ahead, Germany are 9). Given that Bayern keep performing and English clubs draw the big goose egg, we could be in danger of dropping our 4th CL spot.

Louis van 4th and Whinger will have more to complain about as they scrap over a single spot from now on.

And we laugh.....until we finish 4th.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue May 26, 2015 1:17 am

It's ok. When we win in Milan next May, it will make all of English football be grateful and fully appreciate our efforts for dragging our nation's coefficient up :)
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue May 26, 2015 11:01 pm

On the subject of the CL seedlings and pots I was just having a shufti at who could possibly be making up Pot 4 and there are going to be some tough sides this season.
A quick list of possibles
Lazio. 49
Roma 43
Wolfsburg 32
Monchengladbach 34
Monaco 31
Bruges. 41
Belgian champions Gent 13
Fenerbahce 30
Bate 35.
Obviously qualifiers make it a bit of a guessing game but a couple of those are already in the group stage and almost certainly in Pot 4. And some of those you would certainly prefer to avoid. 'Group of Death' material
Also it's amazing what a poor deal some countries are getting from UEFA. Only one group stage automatic place for Holland, Belgium, Turkey and Russia and some decent football nations that don't get any.
It's a right stitch up.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Tue May 26, 2015 11:57 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:On the subject of the CL seedlings and pots I was just having a shufti at who could possibly be making up Pot 4 and there are going to be some tough sides this season.
A quick list of possibles
Lazio. 49
Roma 43
Wolfsburg 32
Monchengladbach 34
Monaco 31
Bruges. 41
Belgian champions Gent 13
Fenerbahce 30
Bate 35.
Obviously qualifiers make it a bit of a guessing game but a couple of those are already in the group stage and almost certainly in Pot 4. And some of those you would certainly prefer to avoid. 'Group of Death' material
Also it's amazing what a poor deal some countries are getting from UEFA. Only one group stage automatic place for Holland, Belgium, Turkey and Russia and some decent football nations that don't get any.
It's a right stitch up.

That's a horrible pot 4 there. One autospot for Belgium seems about right through. Brugge ended up in the qualifiers due to their strange league format.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm

This seems to be the only CL thread at the minute so thought I'd shove this post here, anyone else seen that BT SPORT have the rights to all the CL games next season. Is it just me that's missed the boat here as this was the first I'd heard today when my mate went on the app
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:This seems to be the only CL thread at the minute so thought I'd shove this post here, anyone else seen that BT SPORT have the rights to all the CL games next season. Is it just me that's missed the boat here as this was the first I'd heard today when my mate went on the app

Probably, this is old news.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 28, 2015 2:22 am

Why is Wolfsburg Pot 4? I thought they changed it that basically your final position in your league is the Pot youre in...(thats oversimplified because every league has a diff # of CL spots)
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 28, 2015 2:34 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Why is Wolfsburg Pot 4? I thought they changed it that basically your final position in your league is the Pot youre in...(thats oversimplified because every league has a diff # of CL spots)

No, only the champions of the top 7 ranked countries go in pot 1. Then it's back to the coefficient system for the rest
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby deluded blue » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 pm

And with Napoli now finishing 5th that should cement our place in Pot 2
deluded blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:20 pm

deluded blue wrote:And with Napoli now finishing 5th that should cement our place in Pot 2

AGAIN, Napoli had to WIN the Europa League to go ahead of us.

17 Manchester City 87.078
20 SSC Napoli 84.102
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby deluded blue » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Apologies Slim - I was looking at how the coefficients would look once the 2010/11 values were removed (just assumed that's how it would work - don't know why? but we are safe both ways now
deluded blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:29 pm

deluded blue wrote:Apologies Slim - I was looking at how the coefficients would look once the 2010/11 values were removed (just assumed that's how it would work - don't know why? but we are safe both ways now

Previous 5 seasons.

I think at one point it was 4, but I could be wrong on that. Probably needed to prop up the rags or RM after they had a couple of bad years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum