+++ city v qpr offical match thread +++

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: +++ city v qpr offical match thread +++

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:We've been waiting a long time for that game. QPR were already down but some of those moves were amazing, even the ones that didn't hit the back of the net.

What I seen again was a back four that are now getting used to playing together. Yes, they cam under pressure again but once again it was a clean sheet and the more we do that the confidence flows and allows the front players to concentrate on scoring. Is that 3 clean sheets in the last 4, apart from a crazy 20 minutes against Villa?

Enjoyed that, immensely.

PS. Milner confirms, to me, that he's off.

Back four under pressure - but mistakes were reduced today compared to recent games, so it's promising. There were some excellent moments from them too, like Zabba's covering header from a dangerous attempted cross.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We've been waiting a long time for that game. QPR were already down but some of those moves were amazing, even the ones that didn't hit the back of the net.

What I seen again was a back four that are now getting used to playing together. Yes, they cam under pressure again but once again it was a clean sheet and the more we do that the confidence flows and allows the front players to concentrate on scoring. Is that 3 clean sheets in the last 4, apart from a crazy 20 minutes against Villa?

Enjoyed that, immensely.

Back four under pressure - but mistakes were reduced today compared to recent games, so it's promising. There were some excellent moments from them too, like Zabba's covering header from a dangerous attempted cross.

Let's see a clean sheet against Swansea before we get our hopes up. It is more encouraging though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby branny » Sun May 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:Why we did not play like this whole season FFS

We can't play QPR at home every week

And yet we only got a point at Loftus Road.

With the right attitude we should be taking teams like Burnley, Hull and to a lesser extent Stoke to the cleaners. That's why we're fighting for second place.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 10, 2015 3:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Enjoyed that, immensely.

Let's see a clean sheet against Swansea before we get our hopes up. It is more encouraging though.

An unchanged back four in our last four league games and four wins, three of those with clean sheets. My hopes are already up.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Anyone see the count's interview?
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:Anyone see the count's interview?

Nope what happened?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Enjoyed that, immensely.

I was praising them mate. The only flapper there was Joe Hart who seemed to want to prove himself but was put back in his box.

No complaints from me after that score ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Mase wrote:

Nope what happened?

Tell? Was it the same as Milner's, subliminally saying he won't be here next season?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Enjoyed that, immensely.

I was praising them mate. The only flapper there was Joe Hart who seemed to want to prove himself but was put back in his box.

I was agreeing with you, and adding a little extra about that one point!
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Enjoyed that, immensely.

I was agreeing with you, and adding a little extra about that one point!

Less of the 'Exclamation Mark', fucker!!!

;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 10, 2015 3:29 pm

No!!!! I'm hyper after watching us score SIX GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone hand me a decaff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Sun May 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Nope what happened?

Tell? Was it the same as Milner's, subliminally saying he won't be here next season?

I reckon Phips would have told us by now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Nope what happened?

I reckon Phips would have told us by now.

Why, is Pellegrini going to Dortmund ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Enjoyed that, immensely.

An unchanged back four in our last four league games and four wins, three of those with clean sheets. My hopes are already up.

Playing one up front may be responsible for this too. Not being overrun in midfield by even poor sides is the result. I'm glad MP finally worked it out cos it was blatantly obvious as far back as the charity shield last August. Great performance today with loads of effort and desire to win. Brilliant.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm

You could tell Milner was really awkward then when the guy was pressing him if we'll be back. He finished with "they'll be back". He's gone 100%

The reporter asks: Is this a team that will be back next season

Milner 100 % says: I'm sure, I'm sure we will.

Doesn't mean that he'll say anyway, but regardless: get your ears scrubbed!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Bluedj » Sun May 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Mase wrote:You could tell Milner was really awkward then when the guy was pressing him if we'll be back. He finished with "they'll be back". He's gone 100%

Yep, I picked up on that.

Agreed, he's definately gone
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 10, 2015 3:58 pm

phips wrote:thanks for the help. its what i should've expected.

It's weird how no one ever wants to help you when you're a cunt isn't it?
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sun May 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
You could tell Milner was really awkward then when the guy was pressing him if we'll be back. He finished with "they'll be back". He's gone 100%

The reporter asks: Is this a team that will be back next season

Milner 100 % says: I'm sure, I'm sure we will.

Doesn't mean that he'll say anyway, but regardless: get your ears scrubbed!

He said "errrr...we....errr" and then right at the end said "they'll". Listen to the whole interview!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Impressed with Bonys little cameo today set two up and looked strong. Gives us something different. Can't wait to see what he can do with pre- season behind him.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Impressed with Bonys little cameo today set two up and looked strong. Gives us something different. Can't wait to see what he can do with pre- season behind him.

he'll be like a 'new' signing come august
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum