+++ city v qpr offical match thread +++

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: +++ city v qpr offical match thread +++

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Impressed with Bonys little cameo today set two up and looked strong. Gives us something different. Can't wait to see what he can do with pre- season behind him.

I was very much so as well. I've been critical of him but he may be something special if we coordinate shit around his style.

He's a talent obvs but is he at our level? I hope so.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 4:20 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Playing one up front may be responsible for this too. Not being overrun in midfield by even poor sides is the result. I'm glad MP finally worked it out cos it was blatantly obvious as far back as the charity shield last August. Great performance today with loads of effort and desire to win. Brilliant.

That's the biggest issue for me, why wait until it's too late to change the system? Surely he could see that there were issues.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 10, 2015 4:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Impressed with Bonys little cameo today set two up and looked strong. Gives us something different. Can't wait to see what he can do with pre- season behind him.

I was very much so as well. I've been critical of him but he may be something special if we coordinate shit around his style.

Cheers

Our attack just needs to get used to playing with him in it - that touch that sent Yaya on one of his storming runs was what Bony is all about (not to mention that back-heel for an assist) - at his best with his back to goal and a player in close support.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Our attack just needs to get used to playing with him in it - that touch that sent Yaya on one of his storming runs was what Bony is all about (not to mention that back-heel for an assist) - at his best with his back to goal and a player in close support.

I think the jury is very much out at the moment but we need to give him time to settle into the squad.

For me he is very much a Negredo type of player, one that not only has a shot on him but bully's the defenders in the process of getting it away.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun May 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Great game. I was told though we can't win without yaya.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 4:44 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Great game. I was told though we can't win without yaya.

I am very much a Yaya supporter but the way the team works without him says a lot.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Playing one up front may be responsible for this too. Not being overrun in midfield by even poor sides is the result. I'm glad MP finally worked it out cos it was blatantly obvious as far back as the charity shield last August. Great performance today with loads of effort and desire to win. Brilliant.

That's the biggest issue for me, why wait until it's too late to change the system? Surely he could see that there were issues.

He would not see it for some reason. When we played Roma in the champs league at home there were massive gaps in the middle of the field for them to charge through. It took him an hour to change it when everyone in the south stand was calling for it after 10 mins.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 4:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

He would not see it for some reason. When we played Roma in the champs league at home there were massive gaps in the middle of the field for them to charge through. It took him an hour to change it when everyone in the south stand was calling for it after 10 mins.

Add is that why he's addressing it now, to ensure he's still here next season?

It's got to be hard for Pellers though as I think he has been told how to play the game, similar how to Hughes played - play attacking football, win good.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun May 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Missed the game but glad to hear bony did well. I am one of the biggest critics of his signing but that's only because I want him to do well and prove me wrong. Here's hoping he forms a good partnership with serge after a proper summer.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Sun May 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Just caught up on the game. Pellegrini is right - Aguero can get better.

We started to see it just before he got injured and now he's getting back to that level again we're seeing him introducing something new to his game - creativity, passing and vision. There was a few moments where he was linking up play, playing some lovely through balls and dropping deep starting attacks. We've not seen much of him in that aspect before and if he can do that he'll go up another level yet again. It's what separates Messi from the other forwards; he's also the best attacking midfielder/playmaker in the world as well as the best forward. If Aguero can even get 30% better at what he does when he's not finishing then fuck me he'll be some talent. He's starting to do that in my opinion and all he needs is runs of games and no god damn injuries.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 10, 2015 6:28 pm

twosips wrote:Just caught up on the game. Pellegrini is right - Aguero can get better.

We started to see it just before he got injured and now he's getting back to that level again we're seeing him introducing something new to his game - creativity, passing and vision. There was a few moments where he was linking up play, playing some lovely through balls and dropping deep starting attacks. We've not seen much of him in that aspect before and if he can do that he'll go up another level yet again. It's what separates Messi from the other forwards; he's also the best attacking midfielder/playmaker in the world as well as the best forward. If Aguero can even get 30% better at what he does when he's not finishing then fuck me he'll be some talent. He's starting to do that in my opinion and all he needs is runs of games and no god damn injuries.

I hope so, as despite his goal scoring record, I've always been underwhelmed by Aguero and felt he could bring more to the table for the team.

Crazy to think though that in his 4 seasons with us now, he has very very rarely been playing at 100%, so I think with the right encouragement from the manager to occupy different positions during a game and get involved more, he can get much much better.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Fesan » Sun May 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
twosips wrote:Just caught up on the game. Pellegrini is right - Aguero can get better.

I hope so, as despite his goal scoring record, I've always been underwhelmed by Aguero and felt he could bring more to the table for the team.

Crazy to think though that in his 4 seasons with us now, he has very very rarely been playing at 100%, so I think with the right encouragement from the manager to occupy different positions during a game and get involved more, he can get much much better.

Insane that this is his most scoring season for us, and it seems like he's been injured for atleast 30% of the season!
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bluedj » Sun May 10, 2015 8:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I remember when we beat the rags at Wembely in the FA Cup semi final, our coming of age........I thought, wow how strong is our midfield. This is the area we need to seriously strengthen in the transfer window, if we get a powerhouse general in, with a real engine, maybe we can play more games with two up front.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Fesan wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Insane that this is his most scoring season for us, and it seems like he's been injured for atleast 30% of the season!

Even today he was closed down in a sprint 2nd half by some cunt who he would have left two yards behind earlier in the season. Probably fear that something will go, rather than actual lack of fitness.

He is the best & too good for most in this league, even at 70%.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:Why we did not play like this whole season FFS

We can't play QPR at home every week

Cmon mate we lose points against Burnley this season. HOME

What have Burnley got to do with anything? As I said, Unfortunately we can't play this QPR side at home every week.

They were by far the worst team to visit Eastlands this season. Miles worse than anyone else IMO. My pub league team has more organised defence than that lot. Based on today I'd also say it's touch and go which has better players
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 10, 2015 10:46 pm

First game this season I've enjoyed.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals