Staying to Applaud SWP, Dunney and Ned on Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Staying to Applaud SWP, Dunney and Ned on Sunday

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Aren't there supposed to be loads of financial ramifications for QPR if they go down? I've been looking for something on the current situation in the press over the past couple of weeks, but haven't seen anything...

The contracts of a dozen, or more, of their better/best, higher profile squad players all run out together this summer.

After these, they've hardly got any others left of any quality and who might command a fee to defray the cost of rebuilding the side, so there'll be an almighty exodus this summer, with minimal cash coming in to buy new players for the Championship.

Although the wage bill will dramatically reduce because of this exodus, by all accounts they've got sizeable debts to confront and their 'parachute' payments will only go so far.

On the face of it, it's not inconceivable that, next season, they could be relegated again (down into League 1) and, if so, I think 'Arry Twitcher must take some of the responsibility for wasting and needlessly squandering a lot of the money that the owner made available to him.

It's not impossible that they might almost become another Portsmouth, if they're not careful.

Or a Wigan.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun May 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Aren't there supposed to be loads of financial ramifications for QPR if they go down? I've been looking for something on the current situation in the press over the past couple of weeks, but haven't seen anything...

The contracts of a dozen, or more, of their better/best, higher profile squad players all run out together this summer.

After these, they've hardly got any others left of any quality and who might command a fee to defray the cost of rebuilding the side, so there'll be an almighty exodus this summer, with minimal cash coming in to buy new players for the Championship.

Although the wage bill will dramatically reduce because of this exodus, by all accounts they've got sizeable debts to confront and their 'parachute' payments will only go so far.

On the face of it, it's not inconceivable that, next season, they could be relegated again (down into League 1) and, if so, I think 'Arry Twitcher must take some of the responsibility for wasting and needlessly squandering a lot of the money that the owner made available to him.

It's not impossible that they might almost become another Portsmouth, if they're not careful.

I thought they were supposed to be slapped with a big fine, too, for breaking Football League FFP? This is what I was on about: http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... league-ffp

There seems to have been a media blackout about the story since December, though.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 10, 2015 4:27 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I thought they were supposed to be slapped with a big fine, too, for breaking Football League FFP? This is what I was on about: http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... league-ffp

There seems to have been a media blackout about the story since December, though.

Remind me again how they voted on FFP? Karma ain't half a bitch
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:54 pm

Great reception for the two who played (and the panto villain). Particularly liked the cheers for Dunney when he chipped the ball over Silva
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Sun May 10, 2015 8:54 pm

On telly it sounded like the biggest cheer of the day was for sweep.

Loved it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 10, 2015 9:46 pm

Pleased they were all well received.
But a sad end for Sweep and the Monster, if that is what it is, getting twatted by six and going down.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 10, 2015 10:16 pm

The least Dunne could have dunne, is smack one in his own net for old times sake. The miserable cunt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The least Dunne could have dunne, is smack one in his own net for old times sake. The miserable cunt.

He couldn't even get near the ball to do it when Aguero was around.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon May 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The least Dunne could have dunne, is smack one in his own net for old times sake. The miserable cunt.

There was one cross yesterday where I was hopeful as in a City shirt he would've put that into bottom corner 100% but this time he managed to clear it for a corner. shame

dazby wrote:On telly it sounded like the biggest cheer of the day was for sweep.

Loved it.

deffo sounded like it. SWP's reception was always gonna be a good one tho. brought back lots of good memories as he's still my favourite
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Scatman » Mon May 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Could do with the 2003/4 Sweep in the squad today
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Scatman » Mon May 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Could do with the 2003/4 Sweep in the squad today
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Mon May 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Scatman wrote:Could do with the 2003/4 Sweep in the squad today

so good you said it twice! at times we could have done with dunne too..........
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:09 pm

sheblue wrote:

Maybe he meant him and his brother.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Maybe he meant him and his brother.

Dunne and Dunner?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum