Nasri out for the season and Kompany back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nasri out for the season and Kompany back

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 08, 2015 1:27 pm

In the managers words

Manuel Pellegrini has revealed Vincent Kompany is back in contention for Sunday’s visit of Queens Park Rangers, while Samir Nasri will miss the rest of the season through injury.

The skipper has not featured since the Manchester derby, while the Frenchman picked up an injury within minutes of coming off the bench in Sunday’s 1-0 win at Tottenham.

When asked of the latest team news for this weekend’s clash, the Chilean told press: “We have the complete squad working except for Nasri, who has a muscle injury. He will be out from now to the end of the season.

“Vincent is always an important player for us. He is coming back from a muscle injury.
“It is important for him to recover his normal performance. We will see what will happen from now until the end of the season.”

City head into the game seeking a fourth successive Premier League victory, against a QPR side struggling at the bottom of the table.

Pellegrini has warned against complacency, asserting his side must do everything they can to finish the season strongly.

“It is important to finish well,” he stated. “We have won three games in a row and we have three games more. It is important for our team to win the other games.

“It does not depend on our team if we are going to finish second or not because if Arsenal win all of their games, they will be second - but it is important to finish as near to the top of the table as we can.”

Asked how he expects the visitors to approach the clash, the manager responded: “It is difficult to know.

“They need to win their three games and there are always different ways to win – maybe you can play with two strikers as they played in London with Bobby Zamora and Charlie Austin, or maybe they will try to win the game on the counter-attack.

“In our mind, we know it doesn’t matter which team we play against – they are always difficult teams with different players but they all have chances to win.

“It is important for us to keep the same spirit as we have in the last three games.”

On the topic of potential summer changes to the squad (including the recent speculation regarding Yaya Toure’s future), the 61-year-old replied: “We will talk about the next season at the right moment.

“Everyone at this moment can say what they want about different rumours.

“This year, we have a good squad. We did not have any problems about that but we have another problem that we will analyse at the right moment.

“Yaya has a contract here for two more years and at this moment, we are only thinking about how to finish the season in the best way. We will see what will happen next season. I never answered Yaya’s agent so I will not do it now.

“Everyone can talk about what they think is best for him but we are focused on our team finishing the season in the best way and what agents, players and other managers think is not my problem.”
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Nasri out for the season and Kompany back

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 08, 2015 1:55 pm

I am not sure how i feel about Kaptain K playing on Sunday, i am pleased he's fit and available but, MDM & Mangala have done ok the last couple and it is only QPR, but a QPR who will attempt to throw the kitchen sink at us.

If Kaptain K were to play i can see his usual headless returning performance, resulting in either sending off or dodgy goal.

Let's get ourselves three up and then bring him on second half, so he doesn't have to shit himself with a silly mistake.

3 points seals us minimum third spot (whilst shitting on the rags) and then we can push on from there and hope the arse slip up somewhere down the line.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby phips » Fri May 08, 2015 1:55 pm

great. just as we were getting the back line a consistent run of games together we're going to put back in our worst defender of the season
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 08, 2015 2:04 pm

I can see him being on the bench personally, no way should any of the defence be changed. If pellers makes changes for no reason other than to give a player some game time, he needs a red hot poker up his arse!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 08, 2015 2:40 pm

That won't work. You have to drive a wooden stake through his heart, then cut his head off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Fri May 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Good he's fit but come on pellers - stop f'ing about with the back 4
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I can see him being on the bench personally, no way should any of the defence be changed. If pellers makes changes for no reason other than to give a player some game time, he needs a red hot poker up his arse!

Agreed, but he is still the captain and The Count may just feel tempted.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri May 08, 2015 2:48 pm

it will the biggest joke of the year if Vinnie goes back to starting XI. glad he's fit tho so he can work on his game in the training ground.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Tbh, I thought Demichelis was garbage in the last game. If it wasn't for the fact that Vinny is the only option, I'd drop him like a stone. I'd pick Nastasic if he was here.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri May 08, 2015 3:32 pm

If VK starts I'll eat Paddy Ashdown's hat.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't think he'll change a winning team this time.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri May 08, 2015 3:43 pm

I think MP will be pragmatic and hold VK back for a week. This gives him more time to get sharp in training and means we are not rushing him back again. It's important big Dave stays fit and available with Sami out. I was fearful Maureen would report Silva for kicking out at Hurry Kane last week, and order his suspension. If there is only Sami injured then Jovetic must be available....
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 08, 2015 5:29 pm

If Nasri is out for the season, is that au revoir?

If it is then our midfield really will need reshaping as it looks like Yaya and Milner will join Lampard at the airport. Exciting times ahead in the summer
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Spurge » Fri May 08, 2015 6:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:If Nasri is out for the season, is that au revoir?

If it is then our midfield really will need reshaping as it looks like Yaya and Milner will join Lampard at the airport. Exciting times ahead in the summer

you'd think so wouldn't you.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 08, 2015 6:54 pm

i still for the life of me can't figure out how Nasri actually hurt himself. I watched that three times when it happened. What did i fucking miss?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby failsworthblue » Fri May 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Great news and I would play him.

MDM is a disaster waiting to happen again and we have got away with it for the last three games and we must nail third.

Vinnie and Mangala need all the time they can get ahead of next season as they will be first choice and rightly so.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri May 08, 2015 7:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i still for the life of me can't figure out how Nasri actually hurt himself. I watched that three times when it happened. What did i fucking miss?

cheers

Think he hurt his fanny in the challenge.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Vinny on bench please. Mangala still needs games and martin is miles better than both.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Great news and I would play him.

MDM is a disaster waiting to happen again and we have got away with it for the last three games and we must nail third.

Vinnie and Mangala need all the time they can get ahead of next season as they will be first choice and rightly so.

Your theory sounds good if you'd never actually seen any of them play together all season.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 08, 2015 9:12 pm

With a bit of luck he will injure himself in training before he gets another chance to fuck up.

Harsh...I couldnt give 2 fucks!!, hes been utter utter shite all season.

Funny how we go on a winning run (again) when hes injured.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum