Rags Sign another good winger

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rags Sign another good winger

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:47 am

Milner's an excellent free-kick taker but hasn't gotten that many chances to prove himself. His career at City in a nutshell.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 11, 2015 6:55 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He certainly has potential, but in Holland it's very difficult to tell which players are going to succeed elsewhere, as run of the mill players are just as much of a threat as quality ones. I've sen him a lot & sometimes he is very wasteful. Could be great, could be shite. No guarantees.

He can take a free kick though. So they have yet another player who can do that, whilst we have Kokarov & briefly had Yaya, both of whom may be leaving.

Does any top club have less players who can score from free kicks, or even deliver a decent free kick into the penalty area, than City ?

About time we did something about that in this window. Huge points losing disadvantage.

It's a joke really. We are in relegation some if "free kick taker" points were tallied.

How hard is it for some cunt like Nasri or Milner to spend the time to get good at this?

Cheers

Milner has only been allowed to take one free-kick. Do you remember what happened?

Note also Milner's decoy role in Kolarov's two free-kick goals as well.

Up until recently Kolarov hardly took any free kicks either. It is usually Yaya.

Ooh you bitch.

Kolarov used to take them if they were on the right, Yaya on the left. I recon Yaya put in some extra work last season & perfected the technique then couldn't be arsed keeping it going & it a looks to me as if Kolarov has worked hard on that trick of hitting it round the wall on the left side, which was not his best area.

I think all of them should be spending hours doing shit like that, for the money they are on but I imagine they are out shopping with their wives instead.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 11, 2015 8:41 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He certainly has potential, but in Holland it's very difficult to tell which players are going to succeed elsewhere, as run of the mill players are just as much of a threat as quality ones. I've sen him a lot & sometimes he is very wasteful. Could be great, could be shite. No guarantees.

He can take a free kick though. So they have yet another player who can do that, whilst we have Kokarov & briefly had Yaya, both of whom may be leaving.

Does any top club have less players who can score from free kicks, or even deliver a decent free kick into the penalty area, than City ?

About time we did something about that in this window. Huge points losing disadvantage.

It's a joke really. We are in relegation some if "free kick taker" points were tallied.

How hard is it for some cunt like Nasri or Milner to spend the time to get good at this?

Cheers

Milner has only been allowed to take one free-kick. Do you remember what happened?

Up until recently Kolarov hardly took any free kicks either. It is usually Yaya.

up until recently kolarov was rarely on the pitch when we had a free kick
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon May 11, 2015 9:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Ooh you bitch.

Kolarov used to take them if they were on the right, Yaya on the left. I recon Yaya put in some extra work last season & perfected the technique then couldn't be arsed keeping it going & it a looks to me as if Kolarov has worked hard on that trick of hitting it round the wall on the left side, which was not his best area.

I think all of them should be spending hours doing shit like that, for the money they are on but I imagine they are out shopping with their wives instead.

except he hasn't actually hit them round the wall. Good goals but tbh both of his goals only went in because the wall didn't do their bit
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon May 11, 2015 11:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

up until recently kolarov was rarely on the pitch when we had a free kick

Exactly
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon May 11, 2015 6:27 pm

I fully expect him to playing as a makeshift centre halve knowing the rags.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum