Rags Sign another good winger

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rags Sign another good winger

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 07, 2015 10:51 am

I like this lad, shame he is going there. They are obviously not crossing it enough since Moyes left.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -eindhoven
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Rags Sign another good winger

Postby twosips » Thu May 07, 2015 11:17 am

He's really good. Bit gutted about that.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Clowncrete » Thu May 07, 2015 11:49 am

You wonder what we are doing. I hope we make atleast one marquee signing like Pogba and Isco. If we go for b-listers once again like the last 3 seasons, then we can kiss the title goodbye for a couple of seasons at least.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:57 am

With a name like that, he sounds like an American credit card.

I hope he turns out to be a complete waste of money for the Scum.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 07, 2015 12:14 pm

He certainly has potential, but in Holland it's very difficult to tell which players are going to succeed elsewhere, as run of the mill players are just as much of a threat as quality ones. I've sen him a lot & sometimes he is very wasteful. Could be great, could be shite. No guarantees.

He can take a free kick though. So they have yet another player who can do that, whilst we have Kokarov & briefly had Yaya, both of whom may be leaving.

Does any top club have less players who can score from free kicks, or even deliver a decent free kick into the penalty area, than City ?

About time we did something about that in this window. Huge points losing disadvantage.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He certainly has potential, but in Holland it's very difficult to tell which players are going to succeed elsewhere, as run of the mill players are just as much of a threat as quality ones. I've sen him a lot & sometimes he is very wasteful. Could be great, could be shite. No guarantees.

He can take a free kick though. So they have yet another player who can do that, whilst we have Kokarov & briefly had Yaya, both of whom may be leaving.

Does any top club have less players who can score from free kicks, or even deliver a decent free kick into the penalty area, than City ?

About time we did something about that in this window. Huge points losing disadvantage.

We also have milner....oh wait...
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Scum!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 pm

They were talking about this lad last week on the Qatar equivalent of football focus. The consensus was that he is an exceptionally gifted player, with a very flawed personality.

They actually said they found it hard to believe that a club like United would take a chance on him, and that he needed a move to a team challenging for top 4 and proving himself in a decent league before going to a really big club who expected to challenge for titles year in year out, as he is a serious gamble.

Will be interesting to see if this is another spectacular failure or a very shrewd bit of business.......sounds like he will be very hot and cold certainly initially. No doubt by the end of August he will be the new Ronaldo though in the British media
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby phips » Fri May 08, 2015 1:03 am

don't worry. we'll sign Sneijder away from them.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wooders » Fri May 08, 2015 6:13 am

He played for lvg in the summer at holland so van gaal knows him and his flaws already presumably
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Scatman » Fri May 08, 2015 6:55 am

My money's on him being in the next England squad.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Fri May 08, 2015 5:31 pm

I hope he's as good as Kezman was!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Scatman wrote:My money's on him being in the next England squad.

Like.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wooders » Sun May 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Not that I would normally condone it but I hope one of the lads stamps on him next season to give birth to a "he was walking on Memphis" chant
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Wooders wrote:Not that I would normally condone it but I hope one of the lads stamps on him next season to give birth to a "he was walking on Memphis" chant

Very good
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Scum!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He certainly has potential, but in Holland it's very difficult to tell which players are going to succeed elsewhere, as run of the mill players are just as much of a threat as quality ones. I've sen him a lot & sometimes he is very wasteful. Could be great, could be shite. No guarantees.

It's a joke really. We are in relegation some if "free kick taker" points were tallied.

How hard is it for some cunt like Nasri or Milner to spend the time to get good at this?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 10, 2015 4:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

It's a joke really. We are in relegation some if "free kick taker" points were tallied.

How hard is it for some cunt like Nasri or Milner to spend the time to get good at this?

Cheers

Wait a minute, we weren't complaining last season, were we?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 11, 2015 3:18 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Milner has only been allowed to take one free-kick. Do you remember what happened?

Note also Milner's decoy role in Kolarov's two free-kick goals as well.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Milner has only been allowed to take one free-kick. Do you remember what happened?

Note also Milner's decoy role in Kolarov's two free-kick goals as well.

Up until recently Kolarov hardly took any free kicks either. It is usually Yaya.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum