The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Emmanuel Adebayor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Emmanuel Adebayor

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu May 07, 2015 7:32 am

Posted on his official Facebook page:

I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It's true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn't wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?

When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter's death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to "The Sun" in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn't do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.

Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.

For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Re: The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Emmanuel Adebayor

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 07, 2015 7:42 am

Anyone who washes one piece of dirty laundry on facebook is a low life.

Anyone who's ever done it on my feed is instantly blocked. As is anyone who directs their loss or sorrow towards a loved one who has passed away.

Basically, if you are using friends or loved ones in order to build up "likes", you are a detestable, lonely cunt.

Our friend Ade can now add this trait to his ever growing arsenal of cuntfuckery.

Congratulations.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 07, 2015 8:09 am

only god knows why he posted that
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 8:19 am

How very odd.

No idea why he chose to do write this on facebook, but in all honesty, it's no worse than writing it in his biography.

What a set of cunts if true, unfortunately, they won't get the right to reply.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Thu May 07, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby bayblue » Thu May 07, 2015 8:19 am

Maybe he should get yaya's agent ....
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 07, 2015 8:53 am

I wonder if they asked him via email for the money so he could help release some funds?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 07, 2015 9:11 am

Is that the one with Patrick Stewart as a transvestite ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu May 07, 2015 9:26 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:How very odd.

No idea why he chose to do write this on facebook, but in all honesty, it's no worse than writing it in his biography.

What a set of cunts if true, unfortunately, they won't get the right to reply.

If he's written it as a warning to others, more than as a way to vent his anger (as he implies), I can see some reason for it. I have a few African friends who have faced similar situations, in that they are seen by the family as cash cows to milk, in order to fund above-average lifestyles. I think one player we flirted with (Kaka or Ronaldinho?) was alleged to be in a similar situation.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby twosips » Thu May 07, 2015 9:37 am

I don't really care for Adebayor in the slightest but I can definitely imagine that this is true. It just seems highly plausible - I reckon it happens to loads of footballers.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 11:36 am

twosips wrote:I don't really care for Adebayor in the slightest but I can definitely imagine that this is true. It just seems highly plausible - I reckon it happens to loads of footballers.

Too right and if it was me I'd have sat down with the Sun and had it published for all to see.

You can just imagine the tapping up he gets and for him to do a favour by letting one of his many siblings use his house, and then get shit off the person who is actually making money off him, is a bit shit. And then to have the mum have a go at him also just proves that they are all in cahoots to get his wedge.

Personally I'd have told them all to fuck off and sent them a knitted Chrimbo jumper ........... in the summer!

Leeches!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 am

Makes me think of Israel where lottery winners have picked up their winnings in masks, so as to not be identified and have a ton of people figuratively and literally knocking on their door asking for money.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:55 am

Couldn't be bothered to read it in detail.

I just scanned through it but thought it was a bit comical when, in his first paragraph he stated it wasn't about money but, in each succeeding paragraph he seems to be mainly talking about it.

As I said though, I couldn't be fussed taking the time to read it in detail.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Couldn't be bothered to read it in detail.

I just scanned through it but thought it was a bit comical when, in his first paragraph he stated it wasn't about money but, in each succeeding paragraph he seems to be mainly talking about it.

As I said though, I couldn't be fussed taking the time to read it in detail.

So you commented anyway?

Have a read old chum, it's jolly spiffing. To be fair to him, the moan is about his family, not money
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby harveytravis » Thu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm no Sigmund Freud but if this is true then the relationship with his mother would go a long way to explaining (but not excusing) his poor attitude in many games. Certainly when he was with us he exasperated me at times with his apathy.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Makes me think of Israel where lottery winners have picked up their winnings in masks, so as to not be identified and have a ton of people figuratively and literally knocking on their door asking for money.

dave whelan was right then?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu May 07, 2015 2:54 pm

saw this in the paper, about time he told all them gold diggers to fux off with themselves.. they will bleed him dry.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby twosips » Thu May 07, 2015 3:31 pm

harveytravis wrote:I'm no Sigmund Freud but if this is true then the relationship with his mother would go a long way to explaining (but not excusing) his poor attitude in many games. Certainly when he was with us he exasperated me at times with his apathy.

Thought the same, actually. It'd explain his frosty relationship issues with fans of previous clubs too. Some severe mistrust issues at play.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wooders » Thu May 07, 2015 4:44 pm

This summer in the adabayor house

Watch on youtube.com
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Wooders wrote:This summer in the adabayor house

Watch on youtube.com

PMSL.

I hope that's a piss take.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 07, 2015 5:34 pm

This is actually heartbreaking.

Sometimes we wonder how a Player can lose form, or focus or desire.

This is it in a nutshell. They are all people and when your being treated basically like shit by the people that should love you the most it would be pretty draining and depressing shit.

I feel sad for Ade. Always had a soft spot for him. One of the best defending forwards from set pieces in the last decade.

Also that goal, and sprint and slide against those cunts. Epic. And I got to see it live. What a day.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum