Likkle Ole City Join Eite 'Super Six'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Likkle Ole City Join Eite 'Super Six'

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Not just in the England, but the world!

Manchester City join elite "Super Six"

17:22, 6 May 2015 By Stuart Brennan

The value of Man City has more than doubled, sending them above Arsenal and Chelsea in a list compiled by Forbes.

Manchester City have established themselves in the world’s “super six” football clubs after recording a phenomenal 59 per cent leap in revenue.

The Blues have leapfrogged Premier League rivals Arsenal and Chelsea into fifth place in the list of the world’s most valuable clubs, as assessed by business magazine Forbes.

City’s income soared by 59 per cent taking their value to £1.38billion, bettered only by top dogs Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

But they scored highly in four crucial areas – social media following, matchday revenue, broadcasting revenue and commercial revenue – and that means they are seen as part of an elite group consisting of the two Spanish giants plus City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

The Blues have been included ahead of Bayern because the Premier League broadcasting deal dwarves the German club’s broadcasting revenue – and were helped by the strength of the pound against the euro.

The Blues have also pushed strongly to improve their global commercial revenue, announcing a host of sponsorship and partnership deals with companies across the globe. Backed up by tours of the USA and Far East. This summer they are also going to Australia.

The Forbes report says the “Super Six” “have created a large, global following and have figured out how to monetise it.”

The report also references the fact that City have helped their brand in the US by opening New York City FC.

MEN Story
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Likkle Ole City Join Eite 'Super Six'

Postby Paul68 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Well we all know they are the number one in the whole world!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 06, 2015 7:13 pm

And the Mirror's take:

Manchester United third in Forbes' rich list while City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool make top eight

19:48, 6 May 2015 By Liam Corless

La Liga giants Real Madrid have retained their position as the world's most valuable team for the third consecutive year ahead of arch-rivals Barcelona

The Dirty Rags have been unveiled as the third most valuable club in world football, with Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all making the top eight.

According to the Forbes' top 20 list, Real Madrid are the most valuable team for the third year running ahead of La Liga rivals Barcelona who are in second.

Los Blancos are valued at $3.26bn (£2.13bn) - five percent less than in 2014, while Barca are have a value of $3.16bn (£2.07bn).

United's value is up by 10 percent to $3.10bn (£2.03bn) following the introduction of the club's kit deal with Chevrolet which is reportedly worth £53m per season.

The Red Devils' figure is set to be boosted even higher next year when their £75m-a-season deal with sportswear giants Adidas kicks in.

Manchester City are the second most valuable team in the Premier League ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Tottenham, Newcastle and West Ham are all also inside the top 20.

Pos Team Value
1 Real Madrid $3.26billion (£2.13billion)
2 Barcelona $3.16billion (£2.07billion)
3 Scum $3.10billion (£2.03billion)
4 Bayern Munich $2.35billion (£1.54billion)
5 City $1.38billion (£905million)
6 Chelsea $1.37billion (£898million)
7 Arsenal $1.31billion (£859million)
8 Liverpool $982million (£644million)
9 Juventus $837million (£549million)
10 AC Milan $775million (£508million)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 pm

It will be interesting to see if we sell out regularly next season. I know gate receipts are not as significant as they were to a club's finances, but filling a bigger stadium will help.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 06, 2015 7:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It will be interesting to see if we sell out regularly next season. I know gate receipts are not as significant as they were to a club's finances, but filling a bigger stadium will help.

I do think, with the change in corporate seat prices, that we'll see a huge investment in the team with at least one big name coming in. We've not had that of late and will ensure the majority of tickets are sold.

The Rags do it just by releasing names.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed May 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:It will be interesting to see if we sell out regularly next season. I know gate receipts are not as significant as they were to a club's finances, but filling a bigger stadium will help.

I do think, with the change in corporate seat prices, that we'll see a huge investment in the team with at least one big name coming in. We've not had that of late and will ensure the majority of tickets are sold.

It would be good to know how the season ticket sales are going.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 06, 2015 8:31 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It would be good to know how the season ticket sales are going.

I'd suggest that there'd be a few giving their ticket up, which is the norm, but I'd also suggest there a plenty willing to take over their seat.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 06, 2015 9:16 pm

There are over 10k on the waiting list but they do have the choice of whether to buy or not.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 am

Ted Hughes wrote:There are over 10k on the waiting list but they do have the choice of whether to buy or not.

I think the acid test of that waiting list, is what tickets are available for sale. If there are a couple of thousand cheap ones they will be snapped up, but if the majority of new tickets are in the most expensive areas I think that 10000 waiting list will evaporate pretty quickly.

Makes you wonder whether the club has a very big signing or two up its sleeve early on in the window to help sell those most expensive seats?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 07, 2015 8:32 pm

I seem to remember those people who joined the waiting list, for the new area at least, stumped up £100 to reserve their seat some time ago? If that's right then hopefully they are committed.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 8:35 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I seem to remember those people who joined the waiting list, for the new area at least, stumped up £100 to reserve their seat some time ago? If that's right then hopefully they are committed.

I'm not sure but it could include those who asked to transfer seats. Either way, there's a lot of people on that list. One of my mates is in the 7,000s and one is in the 9s.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I seem to remember those people who joined the waiting list, for the new area at least, stumped up £100 to reserve their seat some time ago? If that's right then hopefully they are committed.

I'm not sure but it could include those who asked to transfer seats. Either way, there's a lot of people on that list. One of my mates is in the 7,000s and one is in the 9s.

Would they bin the £100 deposit if it turned out the only seats available were £1000? If I'm being honest I think I would have to fuck it off if I went on the waiting list hoping for a seat in the new stand and got landed with a bill like that

I remember this was and probably still is an issue at Arsenal in the years after moving to the Emirates, whereby they do have far lower ticket prices than the ones that make the headlines, but the new ST holders generally have to take the most expensive ticket as they become vacant through internal movements to cheaper seats as folk in the cheaper seats leave / die etc.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 08, 2015 6:13 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Would they bin the £100 deposit if it turned out the only seats available were £1000? If I'm being honest I think I would have to fuck it off if I went on the waiting list hoping for a seat in the new stand and got landed with a bill like that

I remember this was and probably still is an issue at Arsenal in the years after moving to the Emirates, whereby they do have far lower ticket prices than the ones that make the headlines, but the new ST holders generally have to take the most expensive ticket as they become vacant through internal movements to cheaper seats as folk in the cheaper seats leave / die etc.

Bit of a weird one isn't it, pay your 100 notes waiting to pay the other 200 and then get a bill for over a grand!

I'm fairly certain we can accommodate all tastes with the new stand and if people can afford to put £100 upfront, I'd say that a fair few of them would be able to take up dearer seats.

We'll see.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum