shocking if true

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

shocking if true

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 05, 2015 11:38 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: shocking if true

Postby carolina-blue » Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:which i suspect it is

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... de-9189681

Could you imagine the shit storm we would be getting if it was us . Fuckle me all we did was not buy a cake ,and the Sky came tumbling down .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carolina-blue » Wed May 06, 2015 12:34 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:which i suspect it is

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... de-9189681

Could you imagine the shit storm we would be getting if out was us . Fuckle me all we did was not buy a cake ,and the Sky came tumbling down .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 am

I sure hope it's true :)
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 06, 2015 6:37 am

If that isn't desperation of the highest order i don't know what is.

Don't suppose Cleverley shares the samw agent?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 06, 2015 7:31 am

Jorge Mendes is a cunt, I certainly wouldn't put it past him to pull a stunt like this. He knows Falcao is a busted flush, and I doubt anyone would touch him with a bargepole at the wages being asked and the transfer fee which was asked last summer.

I suppose he has United over a barrel to an extent, although if this is true, United need to be strong and make it clear De Gea goes on the bench for a year if he doesn't either sign up or fuck off this summer.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the position they are in with this (again with the caveat that there is a grain of truth to the story)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Jorge Mendes is a cunt, I certainly wouldn't put it past him to pull a stunt like this. He knows Falcao is a busted flush, and I doubt anyone would touch him with a bargepole at the wages being asked and the transfer fee which was asked last summer.

I suppose he has United over a barrel to an extent, although if this is true, United need to be strong and make it clear De Gea goes on the bench for a year if he doesn't either sign up or fuck off this summer.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the position they are in with this (again with the caveat that there is a grain of truth to the story)

I don't feel even the tiniest bit of sympathy for the rags. They have rode roughshod over everyone for years. You can guarantee Bacon would sell deGea in a flash if this was the case.
nottsblue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 am

nottsblue wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:Jorge Mendes is a cunt, I certainly wouldn't put it past him to pull a stunt like this. He knows Falcao is a busted flush, and I doubt anyone would touch him with a bargepole at the wages being asked and the transfer fee which was asked last summer.

I don't feel even the tiniest bit of sympathy for the rags. They have rode roughshod over everyone for years. You can guarantee Bacon would sell deGea in a flash if this was the case.

I feel sorry for them on the basis that this is not a footballing issue, and is brought about by a fucking parasite. Selling him isn't an option if he refuses to go, putting him on the bench cuts your nose off to spite your face, whilst keeping Falcao makes a massive dent in their wage allowance. A stitch up with Real Madrid (with whom Mendes has a fantastic relationship) would probably mean that if Madrid waited a year, both Mendes and De Gea would receive a chunk of the transfer fee which would otherwise have been due from Madrid

Incidentally, Mendes happens to be Mourinho''s best mate, and interference like this in a rival's squad which could have a significant impact on their ability to compete next season, of course are entirely coincidental that this is a good thing for Chelsea. Don't rule that out of your thoughts.

I've no sympathy for them as a club, my sympathy lies in that this is a situation any club could find themselves in
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 am

'FoulCow Gate' .....??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby bayblue » Wed May 06, 2015 9:04 am

What I can't figure out is why they took him in the first place. Seemed that last year he was a busted flush with all his injuries.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I feel sorry for them on the basis that this is not a footballing issue, and is brought about by a fucking parasite. Selling him isn't an option if he refuses to go, putting him on the bench cuts your nose off to spite your face, whilst keeping Falcao makes a massive dent in their wage allowance. A stitch up with Real Madrid (with whom Mendes has a fantastic relationship) would probably mean that if Madrid waited a year, both Mendes and De Gea would receive a chunk of the transfer fee which would otherwise have been due from Madrid

Incidentally, Mendes happens to be Mourinho''s best mate, and interference like this in a rival's squad which could have a significant impact on their ability to compete next season, of course are entirely coincidental that this is a good thing for Chelsea. Don't rule that out of your thoughts.

I've no sympathy for them as a club, my sympathy lies in that this is a situation any club could find themselves in

I get all that, but if you get into bed with the devil then you expect bad things to happen. I also include ourselves in this. The situation with Yaya and his agent. Or Tevez. If we want these players who,are frankly up their own arses, then we have to put up with the baggage they bring.

You make an excellent point about Mourinho and Real shit stirring. Not too dissimilar from PSG allegedly bidding £60m for Pogba, possibly just to drive up the price for a rival. We walked away from a deal with Hazard supposedly because we wouldn't pay £6m to his dad/agent. Off the field that was the right thing to do, so as not to be pushovers, but on the field it may well have cost us big time.

It is a footballing issue in a roundabout way in that they have chosen to employ two players who use a so called super agent, who we all know is out for himself, knowing that there is a reasonable chance that an event like this can happen. They did so on the basis both players would bring on field success. The fact that one of them, Falcao, has been abjectly poor has brought about this situation. It was a risk the rags thought was worth taking. Well, it wasn't, not by a long fucking way and that's why I have zero sympathy
nottsblue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 am

Sympathy for the scum!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is the world coming to?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Wed May 06, 2015 9:43 am

Yeah, my fondest wish right now is that they sign him and De Gea up before the end of the season and miss out on CL football. I realise this means the scouse scum get 4th but I don't know which is the lesser of two evils anymore.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 06, 2015 9:45 am

bayblue wrote:What I can't figure out is why they took him in the first place. Seemed that last year he was a busted flush with all his injuries.

You take a flyer on a player with that kind of talent. Probably even with the wages much cheaper than paying 30m and then paying wages on top of that for another striker of perhaps unproven ability.

World class strikers aren't exactly cheap as chips right?

Falcao on his day was and should still be one of the top 5 cunts at his game.

Like any striker he needs a run of matches to get into form.

And no I don't feel sorry for the rags.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 06, 2015 10:07 am

I would have been happy to take Falcao at City. I still would tbh, we have a space for a veteran goalscorer. But not for that money.

The agent said when Utd signed Falcao, that it was a done deal they would be signing him permanently & paying the transfer fee. He said there was an agreement in place.

If Utd are trying to break that agreement, then it's understandable there is friction.

I hope Falcao doesn't stay there because he is always in the right position to score goals & unless his legs have siezed up, he will start to put the chances away sooner or later.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 06, 2015 10:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I would have been happy to take Falcao at City. I still would tbh, we have a space for a veteran goalscorer. But not for that money.

The agent said when Utd signed Falcao, that it was a done deal they would be signing him permanently & paying the transfer fee. He said there was an agreement in place.

If Utd are trying to break that agreement, then it's understandable there is friction.

I hope Falcao doesn't stay there because he is always in the right position to score goals & unless his legs have siezed up, he will start to put the chances away sooner or later.

he has not shown any signs of being that excellent player that demolished chelsea since he came back from Injury <AVOID>
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 06, 2015 10:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I would have been happy to take Falcao at City. I still would tbh, we have a space for a veteran goalscorer. But not for that money.

he has not shown any signs of being that excellent player that demolished chelsea since he came back from Injury <AVOID>

When I watch Falcao though, he is the exact opposite to the City strikers in that ours often hang back waiting for a ball to be threaded through a crowd, the ball comes into a dangerous area & nobody is there, he is there for the rags, but the ball isn't.

If DiMaria stays, it's only a matter of time before he settles, then the ball & Falcao will start meeting each other regularly 4 yards out from goal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

When I watch Falcao though, he is the exact opposite to the City strikers in that ours often hang back waiting for a ball to be threaded through a crowd, the ball comes into a dangerous area & nobody is there, he is there for the rags, but the ball isn't.

If DiMaria stays, it's only a matter of time before he settles, then the ball & Falcao will start meeting each other regularly 4 yards out from goal.

I agree. The rags could be a legit title threat next year if they buy a defender. Literally one defender.

Very creepy shit.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum