***spurs v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***spurs v city official match thread***

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun May 03, 2015 9:01 pm

ruralblue wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:I said last week, I fancied us getting fuck all. So much so, I had £50.00 on a Spurs win.

Not a betting man but if I were I would never ever place a bet on City to lose. Odd.
What is so fucking odd about it ?

We were dog shit in the last 2 games against West Ham, and Villa.

Spurs were a very decent 14/5 playing at home.

Those are good odds against a side that was not in good form.

We won I am very happy.

We lose I would have picked up £140.00, plus my £50.00 stake back.

Fuck all odd about that pal.

Insinuating I am a Rag for betting against City, very childish.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby CuteMancs » Sun May 03, 2015 9:07 pm

ruralblue wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:I said last week, I fancied us getting fuck all. So much so, I had £50.00 on a Spurs win.

Not a betting man but if I were I would never ever place a bet on City to lose. Odd.

Couldn't agree more, would never bet against City.....that's very wrong

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ruralblue » Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

We won I am very happy.

Get off your high horse. At what point in my post have I insinuated you are a rag? I haven't. I just find it an odd thing to bet against the team you love and desire to win every game.

No need to blast the fucks and fuckings at me is there?

Cheers
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Spurge » Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spurge wrote:
phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:You can moan all you like about Mangala but he's played again and it's another clean sheet. I will continue to get behind the lad while he plays in blue. I believe he can be that CB we all want him to be.

first clean sheet since Dec 13 vs. Leicester.

10 matches with the Demi-Mangala partnership and 10 unbeaten.

Yes and no coincidence me thinks.

The one thing I would say is that with Demi and Mangala we seem to hold a much better defensive line. I think Demi becomes a better defender when he is in charge and calls the shots. When we beat Hull away last season when VK got sent off Demi stepped up to the plate and held a very good defensive line and has carried on this season when VK is absent.

A huge improvement all round today, pressurised the ball and a bit of bite in the tackle, we deserved to win and should have won by two or three. A coincidence Yaya was not playing?

Stats speak for themselves but if anyone thinks we played a great game defensively today then they need a fuckign slap and a reality check!!....better teams would have taken their chances and we would now be discussing how shite we were at the back instead of high fiving the performance !!

Mangala was fuckign hopeless in the first half (Improvement in the second) and as LADYMAN says , Mangalas ineptitude at the back in the first half could have cost City dear..............If some fans prefer not to even acknowledge that fact then thats up to them.
I slag off whoever deserves slagging off during match threads, and then some , but the fact is he needs to improve or he will never ever be a first team regular.
All this bollox about giving him a season to bed in and how we should forgive him for being out of position or not able to control a ball, just because its his first season, is total utter crap.

Nearly 40 million quid..........I want to see a fuckign near on 40 million quid player doing the basics right for 90 minutes of a match and not wank myself because he played the other 45 minutes well.!!!!

I'm not saying it was the perfect defensive display and I didn't single Mangala out for a top performance. My observations are more around how we appear to hold a better defensive line - playing offside to better effect when Demi is bossing us defensively.

That and I thought we at least showed more fight and desire, we even played with tempo and urgency something that has been lacking in recent weeks so was good to see. It's been few and far between that I've actually felt we deserved to win on our travels since the turn of the year.

As for Mangala well he appears to be improving, his confidence I'm sure has been low and it may be a case of small steps, today was another. I started a thread just over a year ago on Mangala having watched a woeful Porto side being totally outplayed by Sevilla when Mangala was all at sea. I stated that our scouts must know more than me and had seen something in him, he was solid on his debut v chelski and I'd like to think that next season we will see more of those types of performance and that our scouts haven't got it horribly wrong considering the transfer fee.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I think the major thing that ranckles with me is the huge amount we paid for him, you dont pay that kind of money for a fuckign prospect or for a player that needs a season to "bed in".

During the match all the defenders played shit in the first half , Mangala was the worst imo and the reason why I single him out TED is probably due to the fact we paid nearly 40 fucking milliin quid for the cunt !!.

The above post wasnt directed at you spurge , just jumped on it to explain somewhat why I ranted at him during the match.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think the major thing that ranckles with me is the huge amount we paid for him, you dont pay that kind of money for a fuckign prospect or for a player that needs a season to "bed in".

During the match all the defenders played shit in the first half , Mangala was the worst imo and the reason why I single him out TED is probably due to the fact we paid nearly 40 fucking milliin quid for the cunt !!.

The above post wasnt directed at you spurge , just jumped on it to explain somewhat why I ranted at him during the match.

I didn't see the game. That's the first in ages that I didn't even hear on the radio. I was travelling down the country to the sister in law's and only got the result after. I don't care too much if we were crap. We have been for a while but now seem to be making a habit of winning while playing bad. You always get mixed reports on here about different players. You get as many different viewpoints as you do supporters. The bit I don't get though Carl, is why do you have to call a City player a cunt, when from what I know of the guy, it's not a lack of effort. It's not an attitude issue. If he is playing bad or is never going to make it in your eyes, fair enough but how it makes him a cunt, I just don't get.
I won't implore you to give the guy a chance or anything. The way I see it if we grind a win against QPR who are shite and either Swansea or Southampton, then we should secure third and then roll on summer.
God knows what will happen then.
Mangala won't be going anywhere though.
I think there's a few others in the first team that you could call names of your choice ahead of him, but why a player who has had a difficult first season.
I feel the same about Fernando. I have doubts about whether he can play football or not, but that doesn't make him a cunt.
Reserve that for some of the opposition, Rags etc. that deserve it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 03, 2015 10:29 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think the major thing that ranckles with me is the huge amount we paid for him, you dont pay that kind of money for a fuckign prospect or for a player that needs a season to "bed in".

I didn't see the game. That's the first in ages that I didn't even hear on the radio. I was travelling down the country to the sister in law's and only got the result after. I don't care too much if we were crap. We have been for a while but now seem to be making a habit of winning while playing bad. You always get mixed reports on here about different players. You get as many different viewpoints as you do supporters. The bit I don't get though Carl, is why do you have to call a City player a cunt, when from what I know of the guy, it's not a lack of effort. It's not an attitude issue. If he is playing bad or is never going to make it in your eyes, fair enough but how it makes him a cunt, I just don't get.
I won't implore you to give the guy a chance or anything. The way I see it if we grind a win against QPR who are shite and either Swansea or Southampton, then we should secure third and then roll on summer.
I think there's a few others in the first team that you could call names of your choice ahead of him, but why a player who has had a difficult first season.
I feel the same about Fernando. I have doubts about whether he can play football or not, but that doesn't make him a cunt.

Dont take the word "cunt" to heart......theres ways of saying "cunt" in a matter of fact way and then theres a confrontational way of saying it........................so think of mine as the former.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Dont take the word "cunt" to heart......theres ways of saying "cunt" in a matter of fact way and then theres a confrontational way of saying it........................so think of mine as the former.

Fair enough. It can be hard to gauge sometimes. I don't think the guy will be going anywhere soon so I just hope the likes of him and Fernando find their feet.
I hate seeing players being given shit from our own. There's no doubt some deserve it for showing a lack of respect for the club or lack of effort, but I don't think that's something that last summer's acquisitions can be accused of.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Grob » Sun May 03, 2015 10:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

True say dear boy

Mangos problem is the mental side of the game, although I bet no one foresaw every other defender at the club declining this season. That's probably not helped.

He needs someone telling him he's world class every day in training rather than dropping him every now and again
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Grob wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

True say dear boy

Mangos problem is the mental side of the game, although I bet no one foresaw every other defender at the club declining this season. That's probably not helped.

He needs someone telling him he's world class every day in training rather than dropping him every now and again

You have been missed Grob mate........a blast from the past.

Where art thou these days ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon May 04, 2015 1:57 am

ruralblue wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

We won I am very happy.

Get off your high horse. At what point in my post have I insinuated you are a rag? I haven't. I just find it an odd thing to bet against the team you love and desire to win every game.

Cheers
Apologies are in order then.Obviously i got the wrong end of the stick.

I bet in all football matches.When gambling you have to be objective.

I thought Spurs were a decent price after watching us struggle against West Ham and Villa

I would always prefer we get the 3 points as a City supporter.

However had we lost i would have been nearly £150 better off.

I appreciate you might find it distatesful.

But i am a City fan through and through. :-).
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 04, 2015 4:11 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

We won I am very happy.

Cheers
Apologies are in order then.Obviously i got the wrong end of the stick.

I bet in all football matches.When gambling you have to be objective.

I thought Spurs were a decent price after watching us struggle against West Ham and Villa

I would always prefer we get the 3 points as a City supporter.

However had we lost i would have been nearly £150 better off.

I appreciate you might find it distatesful.

But i am a City fan through and through. :-).

They say a fool and his money are easily parted.....that's certainly true when it comes to supporters of football clubs who blindly back their team, or refuse to back against them even when there is value on the table.

I've backed city and backed against them over the years, sometimes prices come up to back against City that are too good to pass up. Particularly now in the era of betting exchanges, backing against a big club can be very profitable as many fans lump on their club without even thinking about form, pushing the price up for the opponents as the bookie seeks to balance the book. Same phenomenon happens in the World Cup where England's odds are way lower than they should be because of mindless idiots backing them, and other nations are priced higher to attract money.

In the years gone by I used to back United in derbies to help to take away the pain of another defeat by paying for my day out.

It doesn't make anyone a rag, just as including the rags in an accumulator doesn't. It just means that people are betting with their head not their heart.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Mon May 04, 2015 7:55 am

"They're only bringing him on because of ffp" said a bloke in the pub when boyata came on - what??
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 am

Anyone who bets £50 on Spurs to do anything, ever, is a twit imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 04, 2015 8:02 am

Wooders wrote:"They're only bringing him on because of ffp" said a bloke in the pub when boyata came on - what??

Because without it our fourth choice centre-half would be a world class player.

Nothing against Dedryck, like.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon May 04, 2015 8:06 am

I know it's already been said on various messages but three moments in yesterday's match were so sublime they bordered on world class:
1) David Silva's pass through and Sergio's goal. You will not see a better one-on-one finish.
2) Kolarov's 35 yarder. Fucking brilliant!! Almost a Tarnat special!!
3) Fernandinho's dink into the box for Sergio's run and near goal.

My only gripes are the opening 5 minutes and yet another fucking awful refereeing performance. There is now little doubt in my mind that there is a level of corruption in officiating these days.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby City64 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 am

I think sometimes as City fans we have to put aside what the club has paid for a player , I think it is also fair to say Mangala had a very good second half yesterday and showed us all how good he can be , funny enough Kolarov from right out of the blue had his best game of the season for us by a country mile , Zaba was better aswell . Big improvement allround second half yesterday for me after fearing the worst after THAT awfull performance versus Villa .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 04, 2015 8:37 am

That could have gone the other way, but in general we did play the brighter football after the opening ten minutes.
Let's not forget that we should have had a penalty and been playing against ten for most of that game.
Some thoughts.
MDM does not lead at the back. It was chaotic from every setpiece.
Fern and Fern do NOT make us any safer or tighter defending. One (Fern in my opinion) has to go.
We will miss Milner and he will regret going.
We should have let Grampard go to NYCFC ages ago.
We played better than that at Palace and lost.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Spurge » Mon May 04, 2015 8:53 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:That could have gone the other way, but in general we did play the brighter football after the opening ten minutes.
Let's not forget that we should have had a penalty and been playing against ten for most of that game.
Some thoughts.
MDM does not lead at the back. It was chaotic from every setpiece.
Fern and Fern do NOT make us any safer or tighter defending. One (Fern in my opinion) has to go.
We will miss Milner and he will regret going.
We should have let Grampard go to NYCFC ages ago.
We played better than that at Palace and lost.

Plays offside and leads the line - can be a risky tactic and make us look chaotic, example Paulinho's header close to the end, but as the linesman indicated he was offside and we got it spot on.

MDM gets it right for the vast majority of the time, but get it wrong once and it can be costly hence it is a risk. But to be fair we look more chaotic when not trying to play offside at set plays (or indeed in open play) when MDM isn't leading the line.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Spurge » Mon May 04, 2015 9:04 am

No worries, I'd rather have a response to my posts than no comment, after all to debate and offer opinion on City is why we come on here anyway.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum