***spurs v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***spurs v city official match thread***

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Finally a gritty performance to be proud of. The Demi-Mangala partnership worked again although it looked shaky in the first half. Joe was great. Aguero and Silva at their best again and Kola played his best match of the season. Having said that, I couldn't watch the 5 extra minuted. Suddenly I remembered the lawn needed watering !!

Is that a euphemistic way of saying you needed to go to the toilet ??

Or for giving the missus some love, but being premature,
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Couldn't watch the second half because of work. Anyone care to fill me in?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun May 03, 2015 5:52 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Finally a gritty performance to be proud of. The Demi-Mangala partnership worked again although it looked shaky in the first half. Joe was great. Aguero and Silva at their best again and Kola played his best match of the season. Having said that, I couldn't watch the 5 extra minuted. Suddenly I remembered the lawn needed watering !!

Is that a euphemistic way of saying you needed to go to the toilet ??

Or for giving the missus some love, but being premature,

Nothing so sinister mate. It was more like hiding in the toilet until it was ll over !! It worked though !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby failsworthblue » Sun May 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Better result than I expected and after a dreadful start we did ok.

Will not get away with it against Swansea though.

Positives from me .

Will not see Nasri in a City Shirt again , we are much better away from home without Toure and hopefully the new manager will build the team around Silva and Sergio who are the two of the finest players I have ever seen.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun May 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:You can moan all you like about Mangala but he's played again and it's another clean sheet. I will continue to get behind the lad while he plays in blue. I believe he can be that CB we all want him to be.

Me too.

Looks a bit nervous still.

+1. I think this small run of games will do him world of good.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun May 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody notice Vince and Yaya sat together without a word spoken?

And how long were they on camera?

I don't think that means anything
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby CuteMancs » Sun May 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody notice Vince and Yaya sat together without a word spoken?

My only thought about this shot of the two of them together was that Yaya was wearing a City top, and VK wasn't ....but I love a good conspiracy theory

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 03, 2015 6:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:Just .. can't be bothered to trawl through 11 pages, but:

I agree with Ted, Bony played very well.

?

I agree though, not much to complain about tonight, we were far the better team who might not have had the possession we're used to, but made sure it counted.

Pellers is fighting for his job and I honestly think this is the formation he'd play if it wasn't for our proposed way of playing. He's proved that he can change it up but somehow we always come back to the shit system when we have players fit.

Well done Manuel, keep it up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Just a thought pal, just a thought.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Sun May 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Can't help feeling the team gave up on the title months ago and it showed in their performances. Then the prospect of coming back early for a CL qualification round or even missing out altogether has got them snapping back into some sort of form. This has been a very disappointing defence when all's said and done. Our squad was good enough to give Chelsea a damn good run for our title all the way to the wire. We've fallen well short.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 03, 2015 7:12 pm

I dread to think what the early pages of this thread said about the way we started. We were so sloppy and all over the place for a while I feared it would be a hammering and against a better side we could easily have been losing. Part from letting them run at us/through us we were so shaky at corners it seemed a matter of time.

But well done Joe for his throw to Silva and he did what he did best for a perfect run from Kun and a perfect finish.We got better and better without ever being totally solid and when needed Joe did the business very well. I do wonder how that game would have gone with Yaya instead of one of the Ferns. We had the extra of Frank in central midfield and even though he wasn't very good he does tend to hold a decent position so after the initial horror moments we were never overrun.

Special mention I thought for Kolarov. Decent supporting the attack even if he didn't quite get the final ball right but two brilliant blocks kept it a clean sheet. Both the Ferns did ok with Dinho the better one yet again. Some excellent stuff from Mangala but a few dodgy bits as well but he's coming on all right I would say and should be a regular from now.

Milner worked his socks off again, Silva was good and I thought targeted for some rough stuff but he handles it quite well. Aguero I still wouldnt say back to his very best but scoring regularly again because he is quality. Bony showed the hold up play we need from him and when he starts to score, which he will , he will be a top player for us.

I just wish we had got the 2nd goal so I didn't have to get so wound up.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sun May 03, 2015 7:20 pm

CuteMancs wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

My only thought about this shot of the two of them together was that Yaya was wearing a City top, and VK wasn't ....but I love a good conspiracy theory

It's normal for Mancs to wear shell suits when travelling.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun May 03, 2015 7:47 pm

I said last week, I fancied us getting fuck all. So much so, I had £50.00 on a Spurs win.

I would much rather City win any day, we did. I am very happy.

What pleased me most today was our attitude." yes" we could have been 2 down in the first 10 minutes. But we kept at it. It reminded me of City teams of old, that lacked technical ability but made up for it sweating blood for our cause. It was that sort of performance today in my eyes. Confidence is still a bit low, we are vulnerable at the back. Still i thought it was a very decent result. Spurs is not an easy place to go and get a result.

Special mention to Kun, that display was a master class, playing as lone striker. Also Joe Hart was outstanding.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

It's normal for Mancs to wear shell suits when travelling.

You're thinking of scousers you cheeky sod.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Never felt more like singin' the blues.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Top result today and huge 3 pts . Second half we were fantastic and honest , Mangala and Hart were outstanding , Kolarov had his best game of the season and Silva and Aguero top top quality . How on earth we didn't get a penalty in the second half WTF ??? .......... Much more like it today , come on the blues !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Sun May 03, 2015 8:18 pm

phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:You can moan all you like about Mangala but he's played again and it's another clean sheet. I will continue to get behind the lad while he plays in blue. I believe he can be that CB we all want him to be.

first clean sheet since Dec 13 vs. Leicester.

10 matches with the Demi-Mangala partnership and 10 unbeaten.

Yes and no coincidence me thinks.

The one thing I would say is that with Demi and Mangala we seem to hold a much better defensive line. I think Demi becomes a better defender when he is in charge and calls the shots. When we beat Hull away last season when VK got sent off Demi stepped up to the plate and held a very good defensive line and has carried on this season when VK is absent.

A huge improvement all round today, pressurised the ball and a bit of bite in the tackle, we deserved to win and should have won by two or three. A coincidence Yaya was not playing?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby ruralblue » Sun May 03, 2015 8:32 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I said last week, I fancied us getting fuck all. So much so, I had £50.00 on a Spurs win.

Not a betting man but if I were I would never ever place a bet on City to lose. Odd.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Spurge wrote:
phips wrote:

The one thing I would say is that with Demi and Mangala we seem to hold a much better defensive line. I think Demi becomes a better defender when he is in charge and calls the shots. When we beat Hull away last season when VK got sent off Demi stepped up to the plate and held a very good defensive line and has carried on this season when VK is absent.

A huge improvement all round today, pressurised the ball and a bit of bite in the tackle, we deserved to win and should have won by two or three. A coincidence Yaya was not playing?

Stats speak for themselves but if anyone thinks we played a great game defensively today then they need a fuckign slap and a reality check!!....better teams would have taken their chances and we would now be discussing how shite we were at the back instead of high fiving the performance !!

Mangala was fuckign hopeless in the first half (Improvement in the second) and as LADYMAN says , Mangalas ineptitude at the back in the first half could have cost City dear..............If some fans prefer not to even acknowledge that fact then thats up to them.
I slag off whoever deserves slagging off during match threads, and then some , but the fact is he needs to improve or he will never ever be a first team regular.
All this bollox about giving him a season to bed in and how we should forgive him for being out of position or not able to control a ball, just because its his first season, is total utter crap.

Nearly 40 million quid..........I want to see a fuckign near on 40 million quid player doing the basics right for 90 minutes of a match and not wank myself because he played the other 45 minutes well.!!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 03, 2015 8:56 pm

Spurge wrote:
phips wrote:

I think not, as regards 'bite'. But still Fernando was not quick enough in that respect imo. Not shit & better in that respect than Yaya, but we need another with Fernandinho's mobility.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum