This Weeks Other Games | Sat 2 - Mon 4 May 15

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | Sat 2 - Mon 4 May 15

Postby twosips » Thu May 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Step forward Mr Iheanacho!
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sheblue » Thu May 07, 2015 2:55 pm

twosips wrote:Step forward Mr Iheanacho!

dont get injured taking that step............
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Bale, at the right club, is a matchwinner who can take on a team on his own. Reus isn't, Silva isn't, Fabregas isn't. Aguero is, Suarez is, Hazard is. Then you have the ultimate matchwinners in Messi & Ronaldo & imo Robben has been at that level in the last couple of seasons & was in the World Cup.

We need to unearth one. It's unlikely we will be allowed to buy a fully developed one.

Juve might get battered 2nd leg, but they did have a plan which might still work, that same plan gets binned if as Barca did score and look to kill the game, Reus has the intelligence to add a dimension we do not have and is a sounder character than Nasri.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu May 07, 2015 3:32 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Missing Ribery and Robben is the same as Barca losing Messi and Iniesta.

Bayern were never going to get fuckall out of this game.

Exactly.

The fact they held them for 77 mins was impressive I felt.

In terms of importance to how they want to play, yes, but they do still have immense quality who play other attacking positions and off the bench.

But to have to so drastically change their style whilst facing someone like Barca was going to be difficult.

The last goal was what likely kills their chances of advancing.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

blues2win wrote:That's why we're going all out for Pogba if the Press today are to be believed. It will be very difficult because there's a lot of other interest but we must pull out all the stops. Yaya was an A list player but he isn't any more. At his best Silva's up there too.

I really don't think we are getting Pogba. Perhaps if we offer him ridiculous wages and maybe something else. Hope I am wrong, but we are still 2nd fiddle to the top destinations.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:29 pm

What actually happened to Boateng last night???
Watch on youtube.com
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm

PrezIke wrote:
blues2win wrote:That's why we're going all out for Pogba if the Press today are to be believed. It will be very difficult because there's a lot of other interest but we must pull out all the stops. Yaya was an A list player but he isn't any more. At his best Silva's up there too.

I really don't think we are getting Pogba. Perhaps if we offer him ridiculous wages and maybe something else. Hope I am wrong, but we are still 2nd fiddle to the top destinations.

With the money our man at the top is being paid, I would like to see signings done, Not Rumours, That has cost is imo Hazard for example. The scum are not back in CL yet, get the signings done without any fanfare, pretty sure that was his forte at Barca.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 07, 2015 6:47 pm

We made big big signings before. We are in a better position to do it now. When it was necessary we did it. It is again, so I suspect we will make sure we succeed in getting our targets.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:It came to me in a blinding flash of light last night, shortly after the game....

The difference between the teams that consistently win trophies and those that don't is the top players.

I now believe we need to sign one or two top players.

Thanks.

Interesting concept.
Stick it in the suggestion box next time you're at the Etihad.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:A Couple of players, a coach who not so long ago was facing a player and fan revolt. Football hey turns in no time. Pep would be a cast off if we take him. Still nothing to touch Barca once they had scored all be it from Nuer and a fullback making a schoolboy error. Bayerns plans were good, and still got nothing. Both teams show how far most of us are from winning the CL.

what?

cheers

Barca were in crisis 6 months ago Messi and the manager had fallen out. Cheers

I actually think that what it showed was that in most cases, unless you are uncommonly lucky, have an extrodinary team, or are in a bad year, 'b' list players alone will not win the Champions League. For all of our faults & Bayern's faults, swap Messi & Suarez for a couple of players & we/Bayern win.

The most important thing about winning the Champions League is having a few real top players in the team. The more the better. Without them, it's just down to luck, whoever your manager is.

Aguero , our one top player, kept us in it (and Boateng was dogshit v him as well)

Pogba Reus for a start. Only top players can have any chance of coping with last night, Bayern are a world class team and got done. We lost it in 20 mins at home to Barca the truth is we are decent not elite.

Take Messi out of Barca and they become decent not elite. You don't even need to put him in our team, and we'd give them a more even game. Same goes for Bayern last night.
I think we should be better able to compete. What I noticed last night was that both teams were operating at a much higher tempo than we have played in Europe. Even Messi himself works his socks off when they are not in possession. It was frenetic in parts in the first half, without sacrificing technique and skill.
We definitely need to buy some quality but I would still like to see some youth in our squad that would harry like that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Re : goal number 1

Most of us seem to accept that Neuer was a bit rash making the goal kick( at that stage in the game he should have dragged it out).

However, rule 16 of the fifa rules of the game is quite clear that players from the opposition shouldn't be in the box. It should be retaken Clearly there were many players in the box.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 07, 2015 7:36 pm

zuricity wrote:Re : goal number 1

Most of us seem to accept that Neuer was a bit rash making the goal kick( at that stage in the game he should have dragged it out).

However, rule 16 of the fifa rules of the game is quite clear that players from the opposition shouldn't be in the box. It should be retaken Clearly there were many players in the box.

would people be saying the same if bayern had broken away and scored instead? it was his (poor) choice to get the restarted quickly
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 pm

We could do with Fiorentina smashing Sevilla
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Thu May 07, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We could do with Fiorentina asking Sevilla

Asking them what?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 07, 2015 7:53 pm

Fucking phone.
Asking them to get fucked and losing heavily so we don't end up in pot 3
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Thu May 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

would people be saying the same if bayern had broken away and scored instead? it was his (poor) choice to get the restarted quickly

Wouldn't have surprised me if the Ref pulled them back ( if they did break away) !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Fucking phone.
Asking them to get fucked and losing heavily so we don't end up in pot 3

Get you now ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 8:20 pm

zuricity wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Wouldn't have surprised me if the Ref pulled them back ( if they did break away) !

Z, have you got a soft spot for Bayern by any chance. In this case I thought the ref decided to play advantage as the keeper seen something and wanted to play it quickly. Did anybody actually infringe the goalkeeper?

There were plenty of other questionable decisions but that wasn't one of them for me.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu May 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Z, have you got a soft spot for Bayern by any chance. In this case I thought the ref decided to play advantage as the keeper seen something and wanted to play it quickly. Did anybody actually infringe the goalkeeper?

There were plenty of other questionable decisions but that wasn't one of them for me.

Well one player did move towards him

But no , absolutely no soft spot for them. Indeed the last time we played there i deliberately walked around in a light blue m 1860 t shirt.

Munich itself is a beautiful City. Even if the Barzis are a bit begriffstützig about their CL team.

They get on my nerves with their arrogance , especially Ozzie Sammer.and Karl Heinz.

Being a City fan, i just like seeing the right thing being done.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 07, 2015 9:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Well one player did move towards him

But no , absolutely no soft spot for them. Indeed the last time we played there i deliberately walked around in a light blue m 1860 t shirt.

Munich itself is a beautiful City. Even if the Barzis are a bit begriffstützig about their CL team.

They get on my nerves with their arrogance , especially Ozzie Sammer.and Karl Heinz.

Being a City fan, i just like seeing the right thing being done.

Fair one but credit where credit's due. Bayern had a game on their hands and even though PG probably didn't have the players to win the game, he couldn've minimised the damage. He was a major factor in how they lost.

PS. No embarrassment there, Barca are looking awesome now that Messi et al are playing to their potential. That second from Messi was sublime.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum