Denayer To Play In Championship Next Year

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer To Play In Championship Next Year

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Nick wrote:If Denayer comes back its surely Kompany's place he plays for.

Assuming Yaya goes; who is our new captain?

It will be mangala and dimi that will make way
Otherwise - hart, zabba have done the job

Vinnie has had a bad season we all know that but I doubt he is destined for the bin unless he has fallen out with the manager! So assuming MP stays and there hasn't been a falling out Vinnie will be our number 1 and I expect Mangala to be his partner so it's MdM I expect to make way for Denayer.Keep MdM by all means for another season but as 4th center back and basically cover if really needed.

+1. It makes sense. Bite the bullet. It's now or never.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Based on this season he would have got games, 23 in a squad and defenders playing like they were younger than him at times, Pre season is the time for deciding who will make the 25 surely. More worries about who won't for me.

If it's true that they are going to assess Denayer, Lopes & Rekik then that's perfect imo but should also include Devante Cole.

Any of those 3 who are deemed not ready for the Prem should get loans at decent level clubs, not the Championship. And if we don't fancy Cole, see if Celtic fancy him. That would be a perfect middle ground & he would suit Ronny Delia's style.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Based on this season he would have got games, 23 in a squad and defenders playing like they were younger than him at times, Pre season is the time for deciding who will make the 25 surely. More worries about who won't for me.

If it's true that they are going to assess Denayer, Lopes & Rekik then that's perfect imo but should also include Devante Cole.

Any of those 3 who are deemed not ready for the Prem should get loans at decent level clubs, not the Championship. And if we don't fancy Cole, see if Celtic fancy him. That would be a perfect middle ground & he would suit Ronny Delia's style.

My thoughts have always remained the same, no composure at the back when the heat is on.
The future defenders will have to be a whole lot better than we have seen. That is how for example PSG took the game and the ball away from Chelsea defenders who can play. Denayer looks to have time, ok it is Scotland. We have very little in terms of the ability to look composed, Vinny for me has never looked anything but stressed in C.L
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Maybe it's just a reflection on Scottish football.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Maybe a loan till xmas, be it this league or championship, I'm sure we will soon know if he's up to scratch or tearing it up, that way we can get him in our squad if we're still struggling defensively
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:51 am

I was very firmly in the camp of give the lad a go next season. I am starting to sway towards another loan season elsewhere. He is only 19 and was Nastasic that age when we bought him? Look how that turned out. A couple of bad games against good teams and confidence can go out of the window. See Mangala this season for evidence of that. A centre half hasn't even begun to learn his trade until 22/23 and even then it's more about the partnership IMO.

Couple of points about a potential though.

Would it benefit him to have another year at Celtic. More European football. Used to play in a winning team, sounds daft but sometimes players don't adapt to playing for winning teams as they may have an inferiority complex. Gets used to the partnership with van Dijk.
Or would a change of scenery benefit. A new coaching set up and manager. Playing with different types of defender. Maybe in a team where he has to graft a bit more

If we are talking a new club, an English one? What level? Championship is being mooted. Is that at the top end, a Middlesboro, a Norwich, a Derby? Or a middling to lower end? A Forest, Sheffield, Bolton? I assume the club would want him to go to a club that played half decent stuff, Bournemouth would have been ideal this season. But at the same time he needs a club that will play him. Be interesting to see how a season of stagnation has affected Zucculini.

Or is he good enough to play in the lower echelons of the Premier league. Maybe at Bournemouth or Watford? Is him playing a handful of games for us worth more than a full season elsewhere. I think on balance another season on loan won't do him any harm and if sent to the right club, could be very beneficial and he returns at twenty to at least take over from MDM. Remember John Terry had a season at Forest around his age before making the Chelsea place his own
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:18 pm

But Mangala is currently better than Vinnie?

MDM has been better than Vinnie for 1.5 years?

This weird ''play star players despite crap form (aguero, Vinnie, yaya) has COST us the season.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Nick wrote:But Mangala is currently better than Vinnie?

This weird ''play star players despite crap form (aguero, Vinnie, yaya) has COST us the season.

How has having the top scorer in the division playing for us cost us the season?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

How has having the top scorer in the division playing for us cost us the season?

it hasn't. he's insane.

Silva, Yaya and Vinny tho he's right about.

This is all in all i hope just a WC hangover. Why we've decided to let it fuck us about when no one else worth two shits did is anyone's guess.

We spent just as much as Chelsea did in the summer, did we not? Close to it so we can't complain about that angle i don't think, tho FFP is a lazy man's excuse.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri May 01, 2015 6:24 am

I've seen quite a bit of him this year and been really impressed. My Celtic supporting mates all rave about him. Whilst the quality of the SPL isn't very good it is a good measuring stick for how tough a player is and he's past that test with flying colours. The last very good player to leave Celtic was Wanyama and they rate him above him in terms of promise.

I'd rather keep him at Celtic than stick him in the Championship. Playing in a winning team. playing in Europe and involved with his country means he will continue to develop. Personally, I'd have him in our squad next year.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 01, 2015 6:44 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

it hasn't. he's insane.

Silva, Yaya and Vinny tho he's right about.

This is all in all i hope just a WC hangover. Why we've decided to let it fuck us about when no one else worth two shits did is anyone's guess.

We spent just as much as Chelsea did in the summer, did we not? Close to it so we can't complain about that angle i don't think, tho FFP is a lazy man's excuse.

cheers

We couldn't compete for stellar names last summer because of wages, transfer fee isn't the be all and end all, wages usually over the term of a deal cost more. Do you really believe we wouldn't have been in for the likes of Fabregas and Sanchez if we could've competed for them?

FFP has been hamstringing us since 2012.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 pm

The lad has just won SPFL young player of the year... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ouble.html Congratulations Jason! What a fantastic first senior season he's had and what an outstanding prospect he is!

Surely we're not stupid enough to loan him out again next year and waste money on buying another center back??? Boyata will be leaving and for Mangala next year is sink or swim - if he keeps making the same mistakes next year patience with him will soon run out. Denayer has been outstanding in Scotland, as has Rekik, in Holland winning the title at PSV. These boys should both be in the first team squad next year - no question.
Last edited by Kiss_The_Goat on Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Totally deserved.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Well in Jason.

Looking forward to seeing you in blue sometime soon
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:The lad has just won SPFL young player of the year... http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32313102 Congratulations Jason! What a fantastic first senior season he's had and what an outstanding prospect he is!

Surely we're not stupid enough to loan him out again next year and waste money on buying another center back??? Boyata will be leaving and for Mangala next year is sink or swim - if he keeps making the same mistakes next year patience with him will soon run out. Denayer has been outstanding in Scotland, as has Rekik, in Holland winning the title at PSV. These boys should both be in the first team squad next year - no question.

a rekikiki, a rekikie is nowhere near our 1st team standard
but how about denayer with the mangler?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:The lad has just won SPFL young player of the year... http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32313102 Congratulations Jason! What a fantastic first senior season he's had and what an outstanding prospect he is!

Young player of the month, according to that link, which is almost 3 weeks old...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Month ?

As you were everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Kiss the Goat is right, he just posted the wrong link

http://www.celticfc.net/news/8198
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Year ?

Wehayy. Back on everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Bring the boy back home.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum