Denayer To Play In Championship Next Year

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer To Play In Championship Next Year

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:18 pm

If we were signing a good young defender from a Championship side, would anyone be impressed and think he's about to be first choice?

Whilst I think loans are a good thing, at some point we need to take a risk that some of these might be good enough.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:18 pm

If I was Denayer & City wanted to play me in the Championship, I would just walk out when they offer a new contract.

Real Madrid or Barca would pick him up & loan him out to Valencia or similar. Or the rags would play him in their team either at cb or fb. Or Mancini would put him straight in Inter's team.

If you are in the Championship & you loan a kid, you give him about one game to prove himself. You can't afford any more than that. One mistake & he's benched.

Hopefully it's the Mail shit stirring, possibly because one of their friends wants to sign him; (Liverpool, rags maybe )& they are trying to unsettle him.

If he isn't deemed good enough yet for the Prem, he should be playing every week in Spain, Italy or Germany, not the fucking Championship. He is already better than Nastasic ffs.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 pm

What is everyone basing their judgement on him?

I'm guessing Ted has watched him since he was 6 years old playing on Platt Fields but what about everyone else?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:28 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:What is everyone basing their judgement on him?

I'm guessing Ted has watched him since he was 6 years old playing on Platt Fields but what about everyone else?

I've seen him a few times for Celtic in Europe. He looks very assured on the ball. Scottish league may not be great but it is a tough standard also. He has coped very well with this and made a very good partnership with the other Dutch guy Van Dijk.

I think he is worth a try in our squad.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I've seen him a few times for Celtic in Europe. He looks very assured on the ball. Scottish league may not be great but it is a tough standard also. He has coped very well with this and made a very good partnership with the other Dutch guy Van Dijk.

I think he is worth a try in our squad.

Forget opinions of us on here if you really want to know, have a look on the net at what the Celtic & Belgium ex pros, managers etc have to say about him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Stu Brennan has spoken with a City source who have rubbished the story - decisions will be made in preseason, where Denayer, Rekik, and Lopes are all expected to be given a shot.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby twosips » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:04 pm

There's this thing called SkySports that's pretty big these days...ha.

They seem to show a Celtic game every other weekend so it's really not hard to follow his progress is you want to. Watched a few of his games myself for them and he just looks brilliant. Browse some Celtic forums too - they absolutely love him and as Ted says the opinions of ex Belgium players and current coaches etc
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:10 pm

If Denayer comes back its surely Kompany's place he plays for.

Assuming Yaya goes; who is our new captain?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wooders » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Nick wrote:If Denayer comes back its surely Kompany's place he plays for.

It will be mangala and dimi that will make way
Otherwise - hart, zabba have done the job
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:Stu Brennan has spoken with a City source who have rubbished the story - decisions will be made in preseason, where Denayer, Rekik, and Lopes are all expected to be given a shot.

Sounds far more probable and plausible. Hopefully true.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Maybe they will only loan him to a club dropping out of the premier league and it will be a short one where a close eye is kept on him, might not do any harm TBH. Bring him back at Xmas and start to integrate him into the 1st team.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Maybe they will only loan him to a club dropping out of the premier league and it will be a short one where a close eye is kept on him, might not do any harm TBH. Bring him back at Xmas and start to integrate him into the 1st team.

Why wait though WW. Play him in all cup games at the very least.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Maybe they will only loan him to a club dropping out of the premier league and it will be a short one where a close eye is kept on him, might not do any harm TBH. Bring him back at Xmas and start to integrate him into the 1st team.

Cup games dont come around every week, keep him playing at a high level with a decent club, wont harm him whatsoever, he is not going to come and displace Kompany et al, immediately. I think its sensible
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Cup games dont come around every week, keep him playing at a high level with a decent club, wont harm him whatsoever, he is not going to come and displace Kompany et al, immediately. I think its sensible

They don't come around regularly, but I did say, 'at the very least.'
I understand what you are proposing and it is one way of doing it. With our injury record I could see him getting some game time in the league and in the mean time he would be training with our first team instead of waiting until after Christmas. Swings and roundabouts, I'd say.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Crossie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:42 pm

He's been playing at Championship level all season, what else are we going to learn about him?

Fucking chuck him in, sink or swim.

Sick of this pissing about with loaning people for 6 years before deciding they aren't good enough.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Crossie wrote:He's been playing at Championship level all season, what else are we going to learn about him?

Sick of this pissing about with loaning people for 6 years before deciding they aren't good enough.

Nurturing Crossie, he is still a baby. One good season doesn't mean he is ready for the prem and Champions league, it also doesnt mean he isnt ready, I am sure the men in white coats at the Etihad know whats best!
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Wooders wrote:
Nick wrote:If Denayer comes back its surely Kompany's place he plays for.

It will be mangala and dimi that will make way
Otherwise - hart, zabba have done the job

Vinnie has had a bad season we all know that but I doubt he is destined for the bin unless he has fallen out with the manager! So assuming MP stays and there hasn't been a falling out Vinnie will be our number 1 and I expect Mangala to be his partner so it's MdM I expect to make way for Denayer.Keep MdM by all means for another season but as 4th center back and basically cover if really needed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Crossie wrote:He's been playing at Championship level all season, what else are we going to learn about him?

Nurturing Crossie, he is still a baby. One good season doesn't mean he is ready for the prem and Champions league, it also doesnt mean he isnt ready, I am sure the men in white coats at the Etihad know whats best!

That's all we need....another nutter at the club. We should have learned with Ballotelli.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 pm

If Denayer comes back to City he has to play a decent number of games. He ought to partner MDM in the domestic Cups. He'd learn a lot from a World Cup finalist. As for the League then Vinny and Mangala will surely be first choice but if Denayer does well he'll get his chance at some point.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Based on this season he would have got games, 23 in a squad and defenders playing like they were younger than him at times, Pre season is the time for deciding who will make the 25 surely. More worries about who won't for me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum