mcfc women

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

mcfc women

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Watching them on bt 2 now, what a pile of dogshite, if they were playing in my back garden id probably go out for the day.
no skill whatsoever piss poor passing and basically crap.
how anyone could pay to watch this let alone buy a seasoncard for them is beyond me.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: mcfc women

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:31 pm

I tried. Awful to watch. Sunday league teams would give them a run.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:48 pm

That's the worst I have seen them play but I reckon some of that is down to the horrible synthetic surface they played on but the passing was worse than awful. It must give Liverpool a big advantage.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Strange thread. Support the badge, as it says.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Strange thread. Support the badge, as it says.

thanks bruce
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Scatman » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Strange thread. Support the badge, as it says.

Yes, and what entertaining, free flowing football Pearce had us playing.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Women's football has never looked great when watching it on the TV but it's different when your playing it. Iv had loads of blokes take the piss but then they play a game with me and change their view. The piss taking stops when you smash a ball at about 70mph at someone's head.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Why are City's females referred to as "MCFC Women", when all the other teams seem to be called "Ladies" (in Liverpuddle's case, I'm sure that's stretching the term) ??

Just a genuine question as it seems a bit odd to me.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Why are City's females referred to as "MCFC Women", when all the other teams seem to be called "Ladies" (in Liverpuddle's case, I'm sure that's stretching the term) ??

Think it was a marketing thing and rebranding. They make a huge deal about it at City and don't like it when they are refered to as ladies. I didn't give a flying fuck if honest and was just happy to wear the blue badge.
Sister of fu

Postby Socrates » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:55 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Why are City's females referred to as "MCFC Women", when all the other teams seem to be called "Ladies" (in Liverpuddle's case, I'm sure that's stretching the term) ??

Because they don't play the game riding a horse side saddle?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:29 am

Sister of fu wrote:Women's football has never looked great when watching it on the TV but it's different when your playing it. Iv had loads of blokes take the piss but then they play a game with me and change their view. The piss taking stops when you smash a ball at about 70mph at someone's head.

Yep I can vouch for the 70mph volley, I saw it first hand at platt lane fly into the net :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Women's football has never looked great when watching it on the TV but it's different when your playing it. Iv had loads of blokes take the piss but then they play a game with me and change their view. The piss taking stops when you smash a ball at about 70mph at someone's head.

Yep I can vouch for the 70mph volley, I saw it first hand at platt lane fly into the net :-)

The first time I met Bingo was at Platt Lane when we played a bit of 5 a side and he said he had all intentions of coming along to take the piss out of me and women's football. He then saw me kicking the ball at the wall and changed his mind. Think he had 2nd thoughts about playing in goal.
Sister of fu

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 am

Oddly enough, I noticed this a few weeks back, but when I checked, 3 of the 8 teams in the WPL are called 'Women'.

Sunderland - formed in 2000 as a merger with club-recognised 'Sunderland Ladies'
Bristol Academy - been 'Women's' since 1998. Have swapped affiliation from Bristol Rovers to Bristol City in 2013.
City - Founded 1988, but only been affiliated with club since 2012, changed their name to 'Women's' shortly after.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby bobby brows » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:34 am

I went to Widnes to watch the game, very disappointing as they could have took something from the game.

The similarities between them and the first team are starting. It's worth pointing out though that of their spine of Barclay, Houghton, Scott and Duggan; only Duggan started.

They are fustrating to watch cos I know they can be good, just need a few tweaks and they'll be ok.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bobby brows » Mon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Went to the game against Chelsea yesterday, a good performance and they looked much more solid with Barclay and Houghton back in the side.

They went to five in midfield, with Toni Duggan on the left hand side and Farris up top. They went behind early on but once they levelled they looked the more likely of the two to score.

I've seen them against Arsenal, Liverpool and now Chelsea and its fair to say that when they are at full strength they can compete but when they aren't they get overpowered. Of the four sides Arsenal look the best side by a long way.

Also special mention to Natasha Flint, she's young but she's got a great technique and will be a top player one day.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Speaking of which - five of our women's team have made it into the England squad for the world cup in Canada. (All matches being covered in some format by the BBC, coverage starts in June)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32611132
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dubciteh » Mon May 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Dameerto wrote:Speaking of which - five of our women's team have made it into the England squad for the world cup in Canada. (All matches being covered in some format by the BBC, coverage starts in June)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32611132

two of the woman from our team have been banned this season for a punch up and headbutting....i find that hilarious!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to The Maine Football forum