Goals Scored Top 5 Teams

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Goals Scored Top 5 Teams

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm

As it stands we are comfortably still the Premier Leagues top goal scorers , way short of last seasons fabulous total but still averaging over 2 goals per game .

MAN CITY 70 goals

CHAVS 65

ARSE 63

RAGS 59

DIPPERS 47
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Goals Scored Top 5 Teams

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:22 pm

But every fucker baring Newcastle, Leicester and Saints have scored against us.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Sister of fu wrote:But every fucker baring Newcastle, Leicester and Saints have scored against us.

Correct ! Was wondering how the thread would pan out before this was mentioned .......... didn't take long lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:06 pm

I've consoled myself During the collapse of our challenge for any trophy with the thought that we'd give someone a tonking soon. Didn't even get that this season. Can't be happy with goals return knowing we never put anyone properly down.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:13 pm

I can almost cheerfully live with and accept a poor defensive record, as long as we are scoring freely at the other end of the pitch.

This season, if we'd scored say another twenty or twenty five times, the League position could have looked quite different from what it does now and our current defensive concerns could have been overlooked, to some extent.

Instead of spending money on Mangala and Fernando, last summer, I just wish we could have bought another couple of forwards instead.....and this is not just hindsight as I was pontificating about this, 'ad nauseam', at the time.

Even in a horrible and disappointing season as this one has been, it's a slight glimmer of comfort that we're still (just) the leading scorers. Mind you, looking at Liverpuddle's paltry efforts, it's a good job Bodgers is a tactical genius, otherwise they would have scored even fewer than at present.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 am

honestly? none of the "top" premier league teams have been terribly impressive on a consistent basis this season.

really no wonder none made it past the round of 16.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 am

If only we had a world class keeper ;)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:20 pm

If we'd scored 30 more goals, we would automaticaly have conceded less, as teams would have given up. If we had finished our early moves off v Villa for example, the game would have been over after 20 mins & we probably would have not conceded more than one at worst. Same ve Burnley, rags, etc etc.

Losing Negredo, & Dzeko being a complete waste of time, has cost us the title. There's 30 goals +. It still wouldn't be enough to succeed in the Champs Lg but it would have been enough to have worn Chelsea down.

Needs sorting once and for all as Aguero is never fit. I like the look of Bony though. A lot.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:12 pm

We weren't good defensively when winning the title under Pellegrini last season and have been a whole lot worse this season conceding a whole host of shit goals . Maureen in a round about way has said today on SSN for him Man City are still the best team because we have scored the most goals , maybe he is taking the piss or having a sly dig at our manager ? couldn't really work it out ?Anyway roll on the summer clear out ,I can just about handle us finishing top scorers , runners up and the rags picking up the Wenger trophy .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 pm

City64 wrote:We weren't good defensively when winning the title under Pellegrini last season and have been a whole lot worse this season conceding a whole host of shit goals . Maureen in a round about way has said today on SSN for him Man City are still the best team because we have scored the most goals , maybe he is taking the piss or having a sly dig at our manager ? couldn't really work it out ?Anyway roll on the summer clear out ,I can just about handle us finishing top scorers , runners up and the rags picking up the Wenger trophy .

I seem to recall though (please correct me if I'm wrong), that we had the second best defensive record in the division, last season, even though our back line didn't always fill us with confidence throughout.

Scoring goals by the bucket-load certainly took the pressure off.

From memory, only Chelsea conceded fewer than ourselves.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 pm

City64 wrote:We weren't good defensively when winning the title under Pellegrini last season and have been a whole lot worse this season conceding a whole host of shit goals . Maureen in a round about way has said today on SSN for him Man City are still the best team because we have scored the most goals , maybe he is taking the piss or having a sly dig at our manager ? couldn't really work it out ?Anyway roll on the summer clear out ,I can just about handle us finishing top scorers , runners up and the rags picking up the Wenger trophy .

He's taking the piss out of the Chelsea critics of their defensive and negative approach, in that scoring the most goals doesn't mean you win the league
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

He's taking the piss out of the Chelsea critics of their defensive and negative approach, in that scoring the most goals doesn't mean you win the league

Alan Smith was defending Mourinho today and said that you can't win the League by playing all-out attacking football.

He seems to forget that City did it in such a fashion, last season.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I seem to recall though (please correct me if I'm wrong), that we had the second best defensive record in the division, last season, even though our back line didn't always fill us with confidence throughout.

Scoring goals by the bucket-load certainly took the pressure off.

From memory, only Chelsea conceded fewer than ourselves.

Negredo , Dzeko and Aguero scoring for fun when fit , whatever happened to Negredo and Dzeko ? lol . Zabba and Vinny immense at the back last season but both way way below par this season . Yaya been on holiday last 9 months ............. sort of sums it up in a nutshell ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Has anyone else seen a report that Valencia are trying to get out of purchasing Negredo in the summer? Or have I imagined it?

Must say I thought it was a loan with an obligation to buy so don't know the technicalities if they change their minds
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:14 pm

nottsblue wrote:Has anyone else seen a report that Valencia are trying to get out of purchasing Negredo in the summer? Or have I imagined it?

Must say I thought it was a loan with an obligation to buy so don't know the technicalities if they change their minds

I heard similar story months ago but nothing since. Think it's bollocks anyway
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum