Kolarov

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kolarov

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 am

Played very well yesterday and if we're keeping him or Gael in the summer it has to be Kola.

There were a few times he went to make a run and the City player with the ball passed it behind him, with it going out for a throw. They must have thought Clichy was playing.

I noticed around me that if anything went wrong it was Kolarov's fault. Kolarov blocked a couple of Villa crosses - no one said anything. Straight after blocking one of the crosses he attempts to clear it and it goes out for a throw in - everyone gets on his back. I even heard "why is Kolarov still on the pitch?! Get him off!"

That's grown men having an agenda against a player playing for City. Reminded me of the Edghill days.

Anyway, if we're keeping one of the two this summer and signing a new left back I'd keep Kola.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Kolarov

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:40 am

He was reasonable going forward, and typically slapdash heading the other direction. He made no big mistakes but was caught out of position a few times and made wrong decisions with the ball in our own half a couple of times

I think the biggest problem for him is that we will sooner or later be looking to sign a player who can both defend and attack. On occasions that such a player is rested, I'd rather have a player who can defend at left back, than a player who can't

The fact that Clichy is association trained, is the final nail in Kolarov's coffin I think.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:42 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:He was reasonable going forward, and typically slapdash heading the other direction. He made no big mistakes but was caught out of position a few times and made wrong decisions with the ball in our own half a couple of times

I think the biggest problem for him is that we will sooner or later be looking to sign a player who can both defend and attack. On occasions that such a player is rested, I'd rather have a player who can defend at left back, than a player who can't

The fact that Clichy is association trained, is the final nail in Kolarov's coffin I think.

The other nail might well be that decent clubs might be after Kolarov but maybe less so for Clichy
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:48 am

The problem is his wages. Our players are being repeatedly linked with Italian Clubs but this problem is ignored; Jovetic Kolarov Nasri Yaya. I just hope we don't end up with loans with option to buys especially if we end up paying some of the wages.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:53 am

Stunning free kick
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:45 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:He was reasonable going forward, and typically slapdash heading the other direction. He made no big mistakes but was caught out of position a few times and made wrong decisions with the ball in our own half a couple of times

He was fine defending yesterday. Made some important blocks. Might have been caught out due to other players losing the ball and him already making a forward run. But he got back quick enough. If you've got a gripe against him you'll see what you want to see though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:01 am

He was fine defending yesterday. Made some important blocks. Might have been caught out due to other players losing the ball and him already making a forward run. But he got back quick enough. If you've got a gripe against him you'll see what you want to see though.

At the same time though, I think it's kind of ridiculous the amount of times he stands of a winger or attacker and lets them take their time to aim and shoot a cross into the penalty area. He's not the fastest in accelerating and he therefore stands of a bit to not get completely outdone, with the consequence that he doesn't stop a lot of crosses. Doesn't really matter if he's in position if he's allowing that type of crosses to come in. If you can't see that, you're as blind as the people that can't appreciate Kolarov's qualities.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:02 am

It was his best game for some time & an alert, fit striker would have got a couple of goals from his crosses, but his defending was so so & some of his passing was fucking tragic.

We need two players in that position better than him if the squad is to be at the correct level. It just depends what we see as our priorities short term.

But we will never be a genuine Barca/Bayern type football team with him in the team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:37 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

At the same time though, I think it's kind of ridiculous the amount of times he stands of a winger or attacker and lets them take their time to aim and shoot a cross into the penalty area. He's not the fastest in accelerating and he therefore stands of a bit to not get completely outdone, with the consequence that he doesn't stop a lot of crosses. Doesn't really matter if he's in position if he's allowing that type of crosses to come in. If you can't see that, you're as blind as the people that can't appreciate Kolarov's qualities.

That's fine mate, and mostly true. I thought we were talking about his defender yesterday though?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 pm

That's fine mate, and mostly true. I thought we were talking about his defender yesterday though?

And he stood of his winger yesterday as well.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Kolarov is a bit of an enigma.

When he is shit, he is very, very, shit. When he is good, he is very, very, good. Okay maybe not very, very, good, but half decent.:-)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

And he stood of his winger yesterday as well.

He blocked more crosses from his side than he let over. Or would you rather him dive in rashly like Zaba has been doing this season?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Mase wrote:

I've certainly got no agenda against him. He had a good game if comparing to his usual standards, fantastic goal and as you said in your original post, he was clearly thinking 3 yards ahead of the dopey fucks in midfield who kept passing behind him. But the sloppy side of his game showed through a number of times, that's a statement of fact, not my opinion
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:44 pm

you still always feel...in a back 3...say in Italia...he'd be best appreciated as a wingback who was allowed to take most free kicks.

I'd love to see him in that type of role, tho i remember we've tried it just enough to know you can't fuck around and "try" it but have to really do it to get it right.

Aleks is a very very decent player, and an even funnier, nuttier fucker. I bet he's a lot of fun in the dressing room and on the training ground. Hard as nails too, so what's wrong with that.

Do we need a new LB tho? Yes, we do.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Mase he's good when we have the ball, but he can't defend and is lazy when they have the ball. We need a player that can defend as well as attack.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:

I've certainly got no agenda against him. He had a good game if comparing to his usual standards, fantastic goal and as you said in your original post, he was clearly thinking 3 yards ahead of the dopey fucks in midfield who kept passing behind him. But the sloppy side of his game showed through a number of times, that's a statement of fact, not my opinion

I agree with your opinion. Not his worst game yesterday but his passing was kak at times although he wasn't alone there.
Although I do agree with Ted also that quite often his crosses should be met at the front post by someone attacking it. Same can be said about Navas.
Some comments on here yesterday were about no end product. I sometimes think it's more to do with the rest of our team not busting a bollock to make it into the box.
Anyway if there is a clear out this summer, I would have Kolorov in it. As someone said his value and the fact Clichy is home trained, put him in the cull.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:37 pm

He blocked more crosses from his side than he let over. Or would you rather him dive in rashly like Zaba has been doing this season?

Strange argument. Why would I prefer a player that's been as pap, perhaps even more, as the alternative. Why not ask me if I would want Garrido (another one of those who just flies in and exposes himself) instead as well?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Exaggerated there kolarov's not been pap, at least not more than the rest of the squad

Anyways he is wasted when we don't attack as effective as we did under our best spells under Mancini and pellegrini. His best defending is his attacking threat. I'm.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:17 pm

IMO

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:you still always feel...in a back 3...say in Italia...he'd be best appreciated as a wingback who was allowed to take most free kicks.

I'd love to see him in that type of role, tho i remember we've tried it just enough to know you can't fuck around and "try" it but have to really do it to get it right.

Aleks is a very very decent player, and an even funnier, nuttier fucker. I bet he's a lot of fun in the dressing room and on the training ground. Hard as nails too, so what's wrong with that.

Do we need a new LB tho? Yes, we do.

cheers

Pretty solid point there. Tend to agree with all of that, especially the wing back part
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum