Kolarov

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kolarov

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Nick wrote:Mase hearts Kolarov

Missed the game Saturday but I've said it many times before that a lot of his crosses are smash it as hard as he can into the box without looking up and waiting for one of our ambling strikers to get in the box. Whereas Navas gets shit for actually having this awareness.

Hes still a lazy, soft'un though..

Surely the point of a cross is to put the ball in a dangerous area, and for the strikers to attack those areas knowing that's where the ball is going.

Our strikers stand like dummies expecting it put on a fucking plate.

I have sympathy with kolarov on this point, but he's still never a defender as long as I've got a hole in my arse

is fizzing the ball at 200mph into the so called danger area a good cross though?

Call me old fashioned, but back in my footballing days, if you as a winger got a yard on your fullback to fizz in a low and hard ball across the six yard box, that was job done. The onus is on the centre forward or attacking midfielder to get his arse in there. If the ball is played hard enough, all it needs is a toe on it, to direct it goalwards.

If a ball goes in there & nobody is near it, then it is the fault of the other players 90% of the time imo. The kind of positions we sometimes see Dzeko & Aguero take up (right away at the far post or hanging back on the edge of the box), far post would often be taken up by the opposite winger years ago, just in case the ball missed all the strikers (Barker & Nemane do it now quite a bit). Or if you had a player who wins everything in the air, like Niall Quinn, you can just stand the ball up to the far post & he will win it. Dzeko wins about 1% of those & Aguero wins 0. Edge of the box would be Colin Bell, Robson, Gerrard etc.

Imo it's pure laziness on the part of strikers, to so often take those positions. If it misses everyone & reaches you, then you have a piss easy finish & add to your goal tally without having to do much. But 95% of the time, the oppo intercepts it easily. Most of City's attacks are intercepted easily, whoever is on the final ball.

Laziness or cowardice Ted? I have always had the same criticism watching Ireland. In Robbie Keane's case I would put it down to being too chicken shit to make the run across the defender and get in where it hurts. In our case I would tend to think it is laziness or attitude. You have to be totally mentally tuned in as a top centre forward to time your run in front of the defender at the near post or across the six yard area between defenders. Our crew are not switched on for the full ninety minutes and it's a habit they've been allowed to develop particularly since Christmas. It's much easier for them to hang back and expect a ball put on their foot bypassing a couple of defenders on it's way, while the winger is under pressure from a full back. It takes much more effort both physically and more importantly , mentally to make that run every time and gamble on the ball getting across the most dangerous area.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:13 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Nice arse shot here for you bro.

https://instagram.com/p/xSh_tzha69/

He's certainly packing a weapon! No wonder he acts so cocky. Wonder if he sends dick pics?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Crossie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Good game but not the solution.

Full backs are positions I feel we need to update ourselves on. We don't have a world class one, we have good solid back up ones.

When Zabba and Micah have been in good form, that position played well has made a big difference. A player popping up in the box at the perfect time with some shooting or passing ability can win games.

Zabba runs like an old man at the moment, Clichy never quite commits to it, Sagna is never seen and Kolarov will just bang a first time cross in.

Zabba and Micah from 2012's team were awesome.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm gutted about Micah - he's only 26, still plenty of time to get his career back on track. We will regret this,I am quite sure of it.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:00 am

So, when we don't score from corners it's the fault of the corner kick taker

And if we don't score from crosses in open play it's the fault of the strikers? Have I got this right?

I'm not buying this theory that whipping the ball across goal as hard as you can is job done for a winger/attacking full back. I'd much rather they got their head up and applied some finesse to their deliveries.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:15 am

How many of City's players can deliver an absolutely perfectly weighted pass to the far post, which misses every defender & lands exactly where the striker wants it to ?

Give Silva & Yaya Toure 100 attempts each & they will succeed about 2 or 3 times. Beckham etc can do it about 1 in 15. We don't have a Beckham type player (we may get one if we sign DeBryne). So, shift your lazy fucking arse & gamble getting into areas where the ball might go if someone hammers it in. If you & the ball meet, you will quite likely score. Make it easy for the bloke to find you.

Do you think Summerbee or Steve Coppell always aimed to pick out a player ?

Not rocket sceince.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 am

Wooders wrote:I'm gutted about Micah - he's only 26, still plenty of time to get his career back on track. We will regret this,I am quite sure of it.

not sure about this one. Every time I see 'loan watch' hes injured. And if hes not injured, hes 'an unused sub'.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 am

Crossie wrote:Good game but not the solution.

Full backs are positions I feel we need to update ourselves on. We don't have a world class one, we have good solid back up ones.

When Zabba and Micah have been in good form, that position played well has made a big difference. A player popping up in the box at the perfect time with some shooting or passing ability can win games.

Zabba runs like an old man at the moment, Clichy never quite commits to it, Sagna is never seen and Kolarov will just bang a first time cross in.

Zabba and Micah from 2012's team were awesome.

last two games have seen Zaba and Navas tear the right hand side apart, they have looked out best players. I seriously hope Pellers keeps the same back 4 again and gets some consistence and keep Navas starting too.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 am

Mase wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Nice arse shot here for you bro.

https://instagram.com/p/xSh_tzha69/

He's certainly packing a weapon! No wonder he acts so cocky. Wonder if he sends dick pics?

I'd send out one every hour if I had a bat like that.

I feel.slightly let down after seeing that. I need to check my spam folder.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Nick wrote:
Wooders wrote:I'm gutted about Micah - he's only 26, still plenty of time to get his career back on track. We will regret this,I am quite sure of it.

not sure about this one. Every time I see 'loan watch' hes injured. And if hes not injured, hes 'an unused sub'.

He's not set fiorantina on fire admittedly but my point remains that he can still turn it around, bulk down and become the Micah of 4 years ago - I can see him doing well at Villa
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:21 pm

Wooders wrote:
Nick wrote:

He's not set fiorantina on fire admittedly but my point remains that he can still turn it around, bulk down and become the Micah of 4 years ago - I can see him doing well at Villa

I saw him one time when he played for Fiorentina & he already looked in better shape & miles better than Zabaleta.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Nick wrote:

I saw him one time when he played for Fiorentina & he already looked in better shape & miles better than Zabaleta.

problem is, that was the one time!! He has been there all season and made 9 league appearances in total including coming off the bench.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Sun May 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Fantastic today. MOTM for the second game running. People will still pretend that Clichy is better though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Mase wrote:Fantastic today. MOTM for the second game running. People will still pretend that Clichy is better though.

He tried really hard today. Nowhere near man of the match but if he played most games like he played 2nd half, I'd have no problem with him & forgive an occasional mistake rather than criticising him.

He does't, so I do.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun May 03, 2015 5:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:Fantastic today. MOTM for the second game running. People will still pretend that Clichy is better though.

He tried really hard today. Nowhere near man of the match but if he played most games like he played 2nd half, I'd have no problem with him & forgive an occasional mistake rather than criticising him.

He does't, so I do.

'No where near..'? Are you taking the piss?! He put some fantastic balls in to the box today and made a last man block right at the end that would almost certainly have resulted in a goal! Can you name three other players that played better than him today? Hart, and....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun May 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He does't, so I do.

'No where near..'? Are you taking the piss?! He put some fantastic balls in to the box today and made a last man block right at the end that would almost certainly have resulted in a goal! Can you name three other players that played better than him today? Hart, and....

Rose played well, even if I thought he was fouling every time. Nasri was pound for pound the best player on the park today. Aguero scored the winner and should have had a penalty, that was fairly important.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He does't, so I do.

Hart Silva Aguero Fenandinho were all better. Milner about the same.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He does't, so I do.

Aguero and Silva. Sorry, mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Kolarov was definitely one of our better players today. His usual threatening self when going forward, but also defended well.
Yes, Rose was also good on Spurs left, but he should have had a couple of yellows and a penalty against him. Kolarov won the match in the match hands down imo..
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:Kolarov was definitely one of our better players today. His usual threatening self when going forward, but also defended well.
Yes, Rose was also good on Spurs left, but he should have had a couple of yellows and a penalty against him. Kolarov won the match in the match hands down imo..

I think that was his big plus today, he blocked a lot of crosses, got across and helped out the far side as well. When we were scrambling with the ball bobbling about in the box, it was Kolarov who stepped in and kicked the leather out of it.

I still think we need a top class left back, but I wouldn't hate it if Kolarov was around as backup.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum