***city v villa official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v villa official match thread***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:30 pm

City64 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
City64 wrote:3 very welcome points but fuck me we are a broken fucking mess !!!! Atmosphere in the Etihad was the worst yet and that is saying something for this season. At least we didn't give up but boy that was hard to watch . Just about to get on my train totally fucking depressed and we have won WTF !!!!

Worst atmosphere? Wasn't great, but I thought it was one of the best this season. Even the standing section did some singing

1894 section did a bit 2nd half but on the whole it was crap as per usual this season made even worse by an abject performance which got every fucker moaning like fuck where I was. Absolutely hated it today and we won, this is what this season has done to so many fans .

I think the key is: 'every fucker moaning where I was'.

The atmosphere was fine for a game like this. Better than it would have been at Maine Rd.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:35 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
City64 wrote:3 very welcome points but fuck me we are a broken fucking mess !!!! Atmosphere in the Etihad was the worst yet and that is saying something for this season. At least we didn't give up but boy that was hard to watch . Just about to get on my train totally fucking depressed and we have won WTF !!!!

Worst atmosphere? Wasn't great, but I thought it was one of the best this season. Even the standing section did some singing

To be fair, you could hear that there was lots on TV but it seemed to be dumbed down by the broadcaster, for whatever reason.

I can't understand why we don't accept the 'Gift horse' and all that, we're looking far prettier than we were a few games ago. 2 wins in a row with us sat above the Arse and Rags, what's not to like?

Even if the Arse & Rags win, surely we'll be playing for the title, those 2 teams surely will, or will it be reported like that?

3-2, job done, At no point did they have the lead.

Stop using &. I thought it was Ted at first, but the unwavering optimism found you out.

No mate, I know when we don't deserve it and today wasn't one of those days. Blues seem to think that we shouldn't win because we ain't winning beautifully yet the truth is that this is what we needed from the outset.

Villa were on a roll, we rose above it.

Job done, unless you want to cry that it's unfair?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

To be fair, you could hear that there was lots on TV but it seemed to be dumbed down by the broadcaster, for whatever reason.

I can't understand why we don't accept the 'Gift horse' and all that, we're looking far prettier than we were a few games ago. 2 wins in a row with us sat above the Arse and Rags, what's not to like?

Even if the Arse & Rags win, surely we'll be playing for the title, those 2 teams surely will, or will it be reported like that?

Agree Beefy and the rags , dippers and chavs get endless plaudits when they win when they have played shit etc etc . Today we were awfull , it could have gone proper pear shaped 2nd half but yes we didn't give up and won the game BUT it is there for all to see we are a total fucking mess , we have slipped so far but somehow we are 2nd in the league ??? yes I will sleep better tonight but that was fucking hard to watch .......... some players are putting 100% in and quite a few others are way short of that , WHY is the big question we should all be asking !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:40 pm

City deserved to win today imo. Villa played well & are as good as they will get. We are struggling but still could have scored a fair few more. We passed it badly but we tried hard enough. We rarely win when we are struggling but we did today. The rags have played 20 games worse than that this season & been saved by the keeper. Nobody cares.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking love it! Sky, with Stan, Talksport with Stan, skriking about how illa should'e won the game, but they didn't and we're now sat above the Arse nan Rags; Dippers lose, so there's a bonus ........... for us!

Fuck the fucking lot of them, I thought we deserved it and Villa were lucky, just. The way the Rag scum carry on you'd think they want us to lose and be well away from the top 4!

Do you remember the days of the Sky 4, Rags, Arse, Dippers & Chavs? Fuck, how much would these fuckers like to see the old regime back to normal.

Thank fuck for City, we have made it really happen.

If you thought we deserved it, your blue tinted specs really have no limits

We were fucking abject, the only good thing on our horizon was that we kept playing bent eke offside, and even that went tits up and should have resulted in a penalty and sending off for hart.

On the topic of hart, couple of good interventions, but aside from that my God he was fucking horrendous
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking love it! Sky, with Stan, Talksport with Stan, skriking about how illa should'e won the game, but they didn't and we're now sat above the Arse nan Rags; Dippers lose, so there's a bonus ........... for us!

Fuck the fucking lot of them, I thought we deserved it and Villa were lucky, just. The way the Rag scum carry on you'd think they want us to lose and be well away from the top 4!

Do you remember the days of the Sky 4, Rags, Arse, Dippers & Chavs? Fuck, how much would these fuckers like to see the old regime back to normal.

We were fucking abject, the only good thing on our horizon was that we kept playing bent eke offside, and even that went tits up and should have resulted in a penalty and sending off for hart.

On the topic of hart, couple of good interventions, but aside from that my God he was fucking horrendous

So whenever we have had more of the ball but lost, we deserved to win then ?

Joe had a lot of saves to make ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:City deserved to win today imo. Villa played well & are as good as they will get. We are struggling but still could have scored a fair few more. We passed it badly but we tried hard enough. We rarely win when we are struggling but we did today. The rags have played 20 games worse than that this season & been saved by the keeper. Nobody cares.

Yes, I agree.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bayblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Lucky as hell today and no way we deserved to win. We retreated into our shell. They had better possession than an away team should have and were denied a goal at the end just before we scored.

Some positives.
1. I thought there was some good effort out there
2. We scored from a corner
3. Kola and Ferns goals
4. Guzan's cock up was hilarious.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Stop using &. I thought it was Ted at first, but the unwavering optimism found you out.

No mate, I know when we don't deserve it and today wasn't one of those days. Blues seem to think that we shouldn't win because we ain't winning beautifully yet the truth is that this is what we needed from the outset.

Villa were on a roll, we rose above it.

Job done, unless you want to cry that it's unfair?

I sort of agree with your unwavering optimism. It was more the ampersand I was reacting to.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 pm

WVilla deserved nowt. And thats ehat teyve got. Nowt.
We were better. Should of had had a coppelof Stonewallers.
Robin Hoods forest shouting about offside. Pretty sure Benteke was offside for theit firts.
Some you get some dont.
CTID
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:14 pm

WVilla deserved nowt. And thats ehat teyve got. Nowt.
We were better. Should of had had a coppelof Stonewallers.
Robin Hoods forest shouting about offside. Pretty sure Benteke was offside for theit firts.
Some you get some dont.
CTID
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:16 pm

We really are limping over the line but 3 points is 3 points and if the rags and Tarquinius fail in wins tomorrow things again look a little bit rosier.

Joe Hart has had a bit of a shocker and on the radio our defence is taking a pounding. Not sure how you can blame your defence if the keeper makes two horrific attempts at punching that fall nicely to their players. I didn't think we looked over stretched until Hart made his first mistake. Goals change games and that one gave them some belief.

In regard to atmosphere it was actually pretty good where I sit in 110. A good 15 min version of "ole ole there's only one city" and bedlam when we scored the third
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Not sure i understand the relevance of your first point. I have no idea what the posession stats were, my point is very basic, 2nd to every ball, totally toothless up front and in midfield. We simply can't control a game at the moment, or even spells of games.

On hart, he did really well to smother the ball on two occasions that's his strength and there's probably few better, but beyond that, his kicking and general decision making was again, a disgrace, a total and utter fucking disgrace. I'm not even particularly pissed off with him about their goals, I'm just really fucking annoyed about the fact that he loses posession for us every time he touches it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:29 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:City deserved to win today imo. Villa played well & are as good as they will get. We are struggling but still could have scored a fair few more. We passed it badly but we tried hard enough. We rarely win when we are struggling but we did today. The rags have played 20 games worse than that this season & been saved by the keeper. Nobody cares.

Yes, I agree.

I think if was a Villa fan I'd be a tad disappointed, especially as the away side. However, we scored more goals and had better chances. The rags have somehow got into top four this season playing far far worse and getting results and they are being lauded as champions elect next season.

A win is a win is a win. Three points are ALL that counts at this stage. Whether we played well or deserved them is utterly irrelevent. It was annoying to watch but hey oh, we are second in league again. Roll on the next game
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Not sure i understand the relevance of your first point. I have no idea what the posession stats were, my point is very basic, 2nd to every ball, totally toothless up front and in midfield. We simply can't control a game at the moment, or even spells of games.

On hart, he did really well to smother the ball on two occasions that's his strength and there's probably few better, but beyond that, his kicking and general decision making was again, a disgrace, a total and utter fucking disgrace. I'm not even particularly pissed off with him about their goals, I'm just really fucking annoyed about the fact that he loses posession for us every time he touches it.

We weren't great on the ball & didn't play well, but we won & without Joe Hart's intervention & with the ref doing his job earlier, would have won by two goals or more.

We won & deserved to win. That's my point.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:00 pm

blues2win wrote:Yaya has a hamstring problem. Doubtful for the Spurs game. Clichy and Nasri may be back.

Is Jovetic back too?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:07 pm

We had around 20 or 30 minutes in the first half when we could have put Villa out of it - then we had a smaller period in the second half when we came back into it again - the rest of the time Villa were in with a chance. We let them into the game two or three times, we stopped pressing and backed off in the first half for whatever reason I just don't know. If anyone is unconcerned by the game today then I need whatever drugs they're taking.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:24 pm

You have just described what I saw. City should have won it several times by a distance but didn't. Villa got plenty of the ball in the middle phase & got back in, we came back & won.

So for once, we won when underperforming instead of losing.

We created most of the chances though & should have been 3 or 4 up. The first 20 mins do actually matter just as much as the other bits.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm more concerned with why we regularly stop playing as a team for large spells of the game (or seemingly stop playing to instructions) and why the manager appears to have very little effect on the players once they're on the pitch other than making substitutions.
And those first twenty-thirty minutes don't count if we don't take out chances.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:I'm more concerned with why we regularly stop playing as a team for large spells of the game (or seemingly stop playing to instructions) and why the manager appears to have very little effect on the players once they're on the pitch other than making substitutions.
And those first twenty-thirty minutes don't count if we don't take out chances.

But they do count if we are assessing whether we deserved to win the game or not. Not just the middle bit counts, the whole thing does. We did create more than Villa & we did deserve to win.

The manager does not tell the players to stop working. They can't do it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum