***city v villa official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v villa official match thread***

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:12 am

Amazing how Sky have just gone into detail about the goals & Villa's 'offside' but completely ignored the pen on Aguero & the offside for their first goal.

Or perhaps not that amazing when there is almost certainly a rag or scouse or similar loving twat producing the show.

I'm gonna put that in the not so amazing category. Used a river that gave me Sky-coverage yesterday and the amount of crap directed against City that you lot on the island have to take is remarkable. It's like listing to conservative pundits talking about a left wing party sometimes, or the other way around. Everything is turned and twisted into something negative about City.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Amazing how Sky have just gone into detail about the goals & Villa's 'offside' but completely ignored the pen on Aguero & the offside for their first goal.

Or perhaps not that amazing when there is almost certainly a rag or scouse or similar loving twat producing the show.

It's not at all surprising but it still amazes me that they put so much in to the propaganda machine and some on this board (actually, I think there's only one left now) can't see it.

It's so predictable.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Watching their first goal, for all the shit the Count gets; City are lined up like an Alan Hanson wet dream, hold the line right outside the box perfectly, Villa player blatantly offside, ball goes straight to him but City have got back in first & win the header but can't get the best contact due to the challenge from said blatantly offside player.

Pellegrini gets all this shit for lack of organisation, but so often we get this stuff perfectly right, then some offside cunt scores. This time the offside cunt just interferes & Joe has a brainstorm, then Milner of all people turns his back on the shot, but it's clear the Count is no fucking mug at all with this stuff.

A bigger problem imo is whether we can play this way when officials are going to keep giving offside goals against us. I'm not sure we can.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Watching their first goal, for all the shit the Count gets; City are lined up like an Alan Hanson wet dream, hold the line right outside the box perfectly, Villa player blatantly offside, ball goes straight to him but City have got back in first & win the header but can't get the best contact due to the challenge from said blatantly offside player.

Pellegrini gets all this shit for lack of organisation, but so often we get this stuff perfectly right, then some offside cunt scores. This time the offside cunt just interferes & Joe has a brainstorm, then Milner of all people turns his back on the shot, but it's clear the Count is no fucking mug at all with this stuff.

A bigger problem imo is whether we can play this way when officials are going to keep giving offside goals against us. I'm not sure we can.

I think we have had 4 offside goals scored against us in the last three games?
Original Dub

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:45 pm

I am going to focus on the positive, we are playing football on a par with the dross served under Stewart Pearce, and are still second in the League and the scum are losing as I type this.

Not sure that I could handle another lifeless, soulless, season of football under Pellegrini. In my opinion if we stick with him for next season a top 4 finish will come under serious threat.

For me it is still P45 and arrivederci Pellegrini at the Seasons end.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Watching their first goal, for all the shit the Count gets; City are lined up like an Alan Hanson wet dream, hold the line right outside the box perfectly, Villa player blatantly offside, ball goes straight to him but City have got back in first & win the header but can't get the best contact due to the challenge from said blatantly offside player.

Something like that but it's even more worrying how many we could have conceded if all of the offside chances had been taken during the season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:50 pm

We also have the officials to thank for finishing the game with 11 men rather than 10, since Benteke was given as offside when he was clearly onside just before Joe fouled him near our goal (and would almost certainly have seen a red card and a penalty for it).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Something like that but it's even more worrying how many we could have conceded if all of the offside chances had been taken during the season.

why "engineer" the strategy that clearly you've proven officials will continue to fuck up? As you said...it's not very scientific. At some point, it's beyond stubborn and retarded. You can bet the linesman will fuck up offside calls 2-3x per match it seems. And we press our luck and force them into 2x that many calls based upon the line we play. If it were higher it might be safer, but only Mangler could chase back in time. Every other cunt is in a wheelchair with a glass of champagne and a cheese board in his lap.

at the end of the day it's an argument for video replay for offsides calls, but the probs is as soon as they call it play stops so it would never really work except in the case to deny a goal that shouldn't have counted. That could matter, but just as often the call goes wrong the other way and play is stopped when a player would have been in on goal. Ultimately, i just think they need younger linesman who aren't old huffing cunts who are 10 lbs overweight.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Tesl wrote:Hahaha. I geniunely laughed out loud when they scored.

We are lucky that the teams below us are rubbish too. We need big changes this summer somewhere. I've never seen a top side collapse as badly as this.

Rags collapse in the 11/12 title race was pretty epic
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

We are lucky that the teams below us are rubbish too. We need big changes this summer somewhere. I've never seen a top side collapse as badly as this.

Chelsea and Liverpool's last season was also quite spectacular, not to mention hugely enjoyable.

This season we have collapsed all the way from second place to... second place.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:If Dzeko went hiding in such a systematic way as Agüero does the forum would be livid.

This is so true it's unreal. #doublestandards
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

It was but that's not what we want to measure ourselves against.
Them being shite fir most of the season and still winning doesn't make what we've being doing for the last few weeks ok either. We need to be better.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:35 pm

So the rags stood there like twats waiting for offside when Everton scored the 3rd & now it's suddenly a huge debate on Sky about how 'unfair' it all is.

What a fucking surprise.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So the rags stood there like twats waiting for offside when Everton scored the 3rd & now it's suddenly a huge debate on Sky about how 'unfair' it all is.

What a fucking surprise.

It's the way it is Ted, which is why City can't let up. We have to be better. We should be turning the knife on them this year and Arsenal too, which makes what we are seeing very unpalatable.
We are not going to get breaks from the media or anywhere else. They relish the opportunity to put us down. We need to sort out whatever our problems are quickly over the summer and get the tweaks right.
I say tweaks, because we want to keep whatever momentum is there from Academy upwards.
They had us written off for second or third, we can get some pride back by claiming an automatic Champs League spot.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:We also have the officials to thank for finishing the game with 11 men rather than 10, since Benteke was given as offside when he was clearly onside just before Joe fouled him near our goal (and would almost certainly have seen a red card and a penalty for it).

I wouldn't thank the officials Mike saw Delph lay Navas out with a forearm block and let it go. Villa could easily be down to ten men there. Clear foul and therefore penalty on Silva in the build up to the free kick from Kolo.

Some poor refereeing allowed Villa to get back into the game.

KUN , btw needs a rocket up his ass. Good job he wasn't playing on the wing because he would have ( note the use of the verb to have) fallen off it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:20 pm

zuricity wrote:
Dameerto wrote:We also have the officials to thank for finishing the game with 11 men rather than 10, since Benteke was given as offside when he was clearly onside just before Joe fouled him near our goal (and would almost certainly have seen a red card and a penalty for it).

I wouldn't thank the officials Mike saw Delph lay Navas out with a forearm block and let it go. Villa could easily be down to ten men there. Clear foul and therefore penalty on Silva in the build up to the free kick from Kolo.

Some poor refereeing allowed Villa to get back into the game.

KUN , btw needs a rocket up his ass. Good job he wasn't playing on the wing because he would have ( note the use of the verb to have) fallen off it.

Care to clarify that? You seem to be relating it to me, so if you're giving me a lesson in grammar I'm very likely to swear at you.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Agenda?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Looking at the line it was obvious why the lino gave offside, it wasn't clear at all and would've definitely looked offside from the lino's perspective.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:45 pm

The off side rule is the guilty party for me, with most decisions. As much as I laughed at Evertons third goal it did make a mockery of the offside rule. Benteke was offside for Villa's first, but as he did not touch it then he was ignored. Same as the toffees goal.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 pm

When is a player active offside, or not, is the £1,000 000 question.

Seems it is open to the official interpretation.

Personally I don't see how any player offside in the 6 yard box/penalty area can not be active. The keeper doesn't know who is active or not, when thinking in real time, and might be wrongly focusing his attention on the wrong player. Also when a player strikes a ball outside the box at the goal, even if said ball goes flying past a player who is stood in an offside position deemed not active, without being touched straight in to the roof of the net. Usually keeper vision is impaired even if slightly, how can that not be an advantage. In my eyes your either fucking offside or not.

That Everton third was comical. Players expected the referee to blow for the player who was stood actively offside. He didn't because said player didn't go for the ball. I think he might have blown if the ball had been crossed back to him to score, farcical. Fuck em though Rags get many decisions.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum