Witsel

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Witsel

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:55 am

Apparently will be leaving Zenit in the summer. Sign him up City, he'd be the best central midfielder in the prem and immensely improve us. Pogba is probably the one player in his position I'd rather have but would cost twice as much and he'll probably end up at Real or Barca anyway
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Witsel

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:19 am

Love watching this guy, not that's get too often. Would have him in a heartbeat.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 am

He's good friends with Javi. Garcia will talk him out of coming here no worries.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:44 am

Mase wrote:He's good friends with Javi. Garcia will talk him out of coming here no worries.

Maybe the exact opposite, Mase.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:51 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:He's good friends with Javi. Garcia will talk him out of coming here no worries.

Why would he though mate? He doesn't owe us anything.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 am

i do a straight swap with kolarov
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:11 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:i do a straight swap with kolarov

And they pay us £50 million as well?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:19 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

No, of course he doesn't. But if you enjoyed working at a place and someone asked you what it was like because they were thinking of getting a job there, would you lie?

I am assuming he enjoyed winning the title, of course.

Because all you hear in the media is negative shite about how dreadful we are, all the empty seats, all our players hate each other/the manager/the club/the fans etc. etc. etc., it is perhaps easy to assume that no-one is enjoying playing or working for City.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:28 am

Well, he is a good friends with Vinnie, too.

I would sign Witse too, however, they would want a lot of money for the fella.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:49 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

No, of course he doesn't. But if you enjoyed working at a place and someone asked you what it was like because they were thinking of getting a job there, would you lie?

I am assuming he enjoyed winning the title, of course.

Because all you hear in the media is negative shite about how dreadful we are, all the empty seats, all our players hate each other/the manager/the club/the fans etc. etc. etc., it is perhaps easy to assume that no-one is enjoying playing or working for City.

Completely understand that. I'm not basing it off what the media says about us. I'm doing it off his time here. I'm sure he did enjoy winning the title and a cup. I'm sure he didn't enjoy sitting on his arse half the time. Look at what Barry has done this morning. Warned Barkley off coming here because of our experience with signing kids.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Watch on youtube.com
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 pm

never watch Zenit but he plays well for Belgium and is in Wilmots "first 5" of players he will always start if fit (Hazard, De Bruyne, Witsel, Fellaini, and Kompany). if we want him hopefully the Kompany connection will help.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby one man army » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 pm

would be funny to see him playing against wasilewski again...

Watch on youtube.com
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:22 pm

one man army wrote:would be funny to see him playing against wasilewski again...

Watch on youtube.com

hilarious!?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:55 am

one man army wrote:would be funny to see him playing against wasilewski again...

Watch on youtube.com

Dunno what you find funny about that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Imagine it's wooney. Then it is dead funny. But then you realise it's not actually him, and you wake up from one of those dreams where you won the lottery and were doing all these mint things with your money....but then you wake up and realise it's not real. But for one second you thought it was real.

But no, I didn't even get that glimpse of a fleeting second of excitement and happiness watching that, cos unfortunately as hard as I tried, I always knew that was not actually wooney.

What a shame.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:58 am

Juve sure seem to be bringing in midfield replacements..i wonder what they know.
Oscar, Khedira, Witsel to replace Pirlo, Vidal, and Pogba?

Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel says talks with Juventus over a transfer to the Serie A champions are "at an advanced stage" as he claims the time has come for him to leave Russia.

Witsel, 26, is seeking a new challenge after three seasons with Zenit, and he believes Champions League finalists Juve can offer what he is looking for.

The Belgium international's current contract with the Russian champions still has two years left to run, but he is clear that now is the right time to move on.

"I'm 26 and that's a good age to try a new experience," he told Belgian newspaper La Capitale. "I always said that I did not want to leave Zenit until we had won the league. Well we have done that now.

"I don't have a preferred league to play in. My aim is to play at a top club in a top league."

Juve fit the bill for Witsel, and the midfielder says talks have taken place.

"[Talks] are at an advanced stage and they are continuing," he said. "They are a super team with a magnificent project, which is to get back to being what they were in the era of [Zinedine] Zidane and [Pavel] Nedved.

"The contact is there, both with me and with Zenit. It is a place which could suit me. It is time to leave Zenit."

Juve may be in the market for a new midfielder with the futures of Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba still unclear.

Pogba has been linked with a €100 million summer move away from Turin, with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea and former club Manchester United all reportedly interested in the France international's signature.

Chile midfielder Vidal was a target for United last summer and has been linked with Arsenal in recent weeks, though Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has since distanced himself from a move for the 28-year-old.

Sami Khedira is set to arrive at Juve on a free transfer from Real Madrid, but Witsel could give coach Massimiliano Allegri another option for next season with the Bianconeri aiming to win the Serie A title for a fifth straight season.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:37 am

phips wrote:Juve sure seem to be bringing in midfield replacements..i wonder what they know.
Oscar, Khedira, Witsel to replace Pirlo, Vidal, and Pogba?

Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel says talks with Juventus over a transfer to the Serie A champions are "at an advanced stage" as he claims the time has come for him to leave Russia.

Witsel, 26, is seeking a new challenge after three seasons with Zenit, and he believes Champions League finalists Juve can offer what he is looking for.

The Belgium international's current contract with the Russian champions still has two years left to run, but he is clear that now is the right time to move on.

"I'm 26 and that's a good age to try a new experience," he told Belgian newspaper La Capitale. "I always said that I did not want to leave Zenit until we had won the league. Well we have done that now.

"I don't have a preferred league to play in. My aim is to play at a top club in a top league."

Juve fit the bill for Witsel, and the midfielder says talks have taken place.

"[Talks] are at an advanced stage and they are continuing," he said. "They are a super team with a magnificent project, which is to get back to being what they were in the era of [Zinedine] Zidane and [Pavel] Nedved.

"The contact is there, both with me and with Zenit. It is a place which could suit me. It is time to leave Zenit."

Juve may be in the market for a new midfielder with the futures of Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba still unclear.

Pogba has been linked with a €100 million summer move away from Turin, with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea and former club Manchester United all reportedly interested in the France international's signature.

Chile midfielder Vidal was a target for United last summer and has been linked with Arsenal in recent weeks, though Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has since distanced himself from a move for the 28-year-old.

Sami Khedira is set to arrive at Juve on a free transfer from Real Madrid, but Witsel could give coach Massimiliano Allegri another option for next season with the Bianconeri aiming to win the Serie A title for a fifth straight season.

Does this mean we've been "snubbed" (again) ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:39 am

If Real want Pogba & are willing to cough up the dosh, they will get him. Otherwise we must be in with a big chance; if we are willing to pay the ridiculously inflated price that is.

It does look like he's off, with this potential signing though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 am

Then who the fuck are we getting?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf