Vieira - cometh the hour?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira - cometh the hour?

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 am

twosips wrote:
Chopper wrote:Why not give Vieira the gaffer spot at New York City for a couple of years? Kreis is not looking up to the job.

Bit harsh that on Kreis, whether it's true in the long term or not. Bunch of random journeymen, couple of players aside and literally a whole new club up against a bunch of established teams while trying to instil a pretty complex 'philosophy' and style of play. It's an incredibly hard job and I reckon hardly anyone would be able to manage it any better. Vieira definitely wouldn't.

No way some of those donkey's could play in the style Vieira wants. Some of the defenders can barely chew gum & walk at the same time. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now they will have a team which is capable of playing in the City style but it is too early.

It's like Forest Gump's family at the back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby kinkylola » Tue May 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:
Chopper wrote:Why not give Vieira the gaffer spot at New York City for a couple of years? Kreis is not looking up to the job.

Bit harsh that on Kreis, whether it's true in the long term or not. Bunch of random journeymen, couple of players aside and literally a whole new club up against a bunch of established teams while trying to instil a pretty complex 'philosophy' and style of play. It's an incredibly hard job and I reckon hardly anyone would be able to manage it any better. Vieira definitely wouldn't.

No way some of those donkey's could play in the style Vieira wants. Some of the defenders can barely chew gum & walk at the same time. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now they will have a team which is capable of playing in the City style but it is too early.

It's like Forest Gump's family at the back.

Kreis was a pretty strange appointment for me in the first place ... he was already a largely unsuccessful manager in the MLS. Not exactly a glamour appointment. Don't see him lasting long there.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 05, 2015 3:45 pm

On the subject of NYCFC, is Facey getting a look in?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:On the subject of NYCFC, is Facey getting a look in?

played the whole game on his comeback from injury at the weekend (lost 3-1)
Next up BWP's team
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Spurge » Tue May 05, 2015 5:12 pm

On Vieira though slightly off topic, I heard Ray Parlour talking about PV on talkShite the other day and he said PV was the worst in training by a distance but that on match day he was in a different gear to anyone else. He couldn't believe how having trained so poorly that he could perform to the highest standards in match day - it was a compliment he was paying PV basically.

I suspect anyone not putting it in in PV's training sessions at City are not afforded the same allowances as he was back in the day.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Spurge wrote:On Vieira though slightly off topic, I heard Ray Parlour talking about PV on talkShite the other day and he said PV was the worst in training by a distance but that on match day he was in a different gear to anyone else. He couldn't believe how having trained so poorly that he could perform to the highest standards in match day - it was a compliment he was paying PV basically.

I suspect anyone not putting it in in PV's training sessions at City are not afforded the same allowances as he was back in the day.

There are two types of players....some that fit the Allen Iverson mold ("practice? We talkin bout practice. Not the game. Practice.") which sounds like Paddy's vibe and then those Milner types who probably fucking attach a jetpack to themselves while they are finishing their oatmeal in the morning and refuel midair so as not to waste time.

Being a great manager for me is knowing when and which kind of profile a player is. Certainly plenty of shades of grey in between the extremes i mentioned, and then you have the Milner types who are fucked physically (see: Bellamy, Craigward) and need to be cut some slack so that they have the legs to do it when a ball is kicked in anger.

it's a real dilemma for managers. You kinda sorta have to pick a style and be that guy...arm around the shoulders vs stasi fuck. No half measures for the boss it would seem. A lot like parenting. Have a point of view and know when to chuck it and start over when you get cornered. Cuz these cunts will eat you alive. It's like 25 to 1 ffs.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 am

Cometh the hour, leaveth the man for Marseilles?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Wed May 06, 2015 8:07 am

I'm sure he said in a recent interview that he's in no rush to take up a first team manager's position and would like to stay at City and develop his coaching skills for another 3-4 years
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum