Vieira - cometh the hour?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira - cometh the hour?

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:43 pm

I've been keeping an eye on this thread but not read it word for word...........

Has anyone posed the question, should Vieira be given the job who is supposed to fill his boots over at the Academy? Is there anyone in house that could just step in (Doug, Ted, Twosips)?

Given the importance the academy holds for the Sheikh i cannot see them pushing it to one side in order to replace the Count, even if it is short term that some suggest.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:03 pm

CTID Hants wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this thread but not read it word for word...........

Has anyone posed the question, should Vieira be given the job who is supposed to fill his boots over at the Academy? Is there anyone in house that could just step in (Doug, Ted, Twosips)?

Given the importance the academy holds for the Sheikh i cannot see them pushing it to one side in order to replace the Count, even if it is short term that some suggest.

Given the importance of the Academy holds for The Sheik I can't see him giving Doug, Ted or Twosips the job. No offence lads, I love your input but it might be too much too soon for you.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:16 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this thread but not read it word for word...........

Given the importance of the Academy holds for The Sheik I can't see him giving Doug, Ted or Twosips the job. No offence lads, I love your input but it might be too much too soon for you.

Herb for goalkeeping coach ? :-0
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:28 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Ha Ha very good IWT12, very good indeed.

Perhaps DH, Ted or Twosips might know if there is anyone in house that could step IF in the unlikely event Paddy gets given the gig.............
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Too soon?
I'd say time is running out for them is closer to the truth!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:43 pm

[quote="Piccsnumberoneblue"][quote="iwasthere2012"][quote="CTID Hants"]I've been keeping an eye on this thread but not read it word for word...........

Has anyone posed the question, should Vieira be given the job who is supposed to fill his boots over at the Academy? [b][color=#FFFF00]Is there anyone in

tru dat homie

if i have to listen to these old blowhards spout their shite for much longer i'll be Imhotep hisself.

old cunts

cheers

p.s. no fucking clue what happened to this post but i'm on an aeroplane over the sea and i can't be sussed to bother. Anyway.

cheers again lads and lass.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Has anyone posed the question, should Vieira be given the job who is supposed to fill his boots over at the Academy? [b][color=#FFFF00]Is there anyone in

tru dat homie

if i have to listen to these old blowhards spout their shite for much longer i'll be Imhotep hisself.

old cunts

cheers

p.s. no fucking clue what happened to this post but i'm on an aeroplane over the sea and i can't be sussed to bother. Anyway.

What I take from that post is you are PWF-MP (a new take PWP if you will) I rather hope that the air Marshall on your flight doesn't monitor the Internet traffic on the flight. I guess you aren't keen on flying sober, despite your air miles?

Chin chin x
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Too soon?
I'd say time is running out for them is closer to the truth!

Ahem. I'll have you know im still in my twenties......just.

But yeah, go on. I'll do it. Better than the current shit reception temp job i've got.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:41 am

We have the geezer who was until recently running Liverpool's academy working for City somewhere & he is supposedly a highly respected figure at that level.

I actually think Wilcox is brilliant & I'd be totally content with him in charge. It's a bonus having a superstar like Vieira there, but it's not a necessity. All it needs is someone to keep them doing what they have already been coached to do, tweak a few things here & there, then hand them over to the first team coaches.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:45 am

Oh & there's a bloke known as 'The Fuhrer' coaching the young kids apparently. He must be pretty good because they hammer everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Oh & there's a bloke known as 'The Fuhrer' coaching the young kids apparently. He must be pretty good because they hammer everybody.

The fuhrer hammers everyone.

Ted's true stripes. Inglorious basterd.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Herb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:11 am

Vantage wrote:Lads and Lasses.

I've been fortunate to meet Paddy V at the Etihad and in the flesh he is even more impressive than on the pitch, cool, calm and you can tell the guy has serious inner steel. I also recall an EDS game against Chelsea and come the final whistle he was on the pitch and I thought he was going to rip the ref apart!

Is next season the time to give him a run or is it too early for him? Whilst it looks nailed on for Gaurdiola I'm not sure I'm that keen for tikka takka and I'd love to see what Paddy would do with the team (and to Maureen)

If you think that "inner steel" is giving people the impression that you're about to rip a referee apart then you need correcting because that's the behaviour of an emotionally unstable dickhead like - like Pardew for example.
I actually think that you do Vieira a great disservice by drooling like a schoolkid over a moment of stupidity that signals clearly that he's not yet ready to be a top level coach in the caldron of the premier league where maintaining your decorum as a role model is absolutely essential..

Out of social interest (in an anthropological sense), if he'd have actually attacked the referee would that have made him an even better prospect as a manager in your world?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 am

Herb wrote:
Vantage wrote:Lads and Lasses.

I've been fortunate to meet Paddy V at the Etihad and in the flesh he is even more impressive than on the pitch, cool, calm and you can tell the guy has serious inner steel. I also recall an EDS game against Chelsea and come the final whistle he was on the pitch and I thought he was going to rip the ref apart!

Is next season the time to give him a run or is it too early for him? Whilst it looks nailed on for Gaurdiola I'm not sure I'm that keen for tikka takka and I'd love to see what Paddy would do with the team (and to Maureen)

If you think that "inner steel" is giving people the impression that you're about to rip a referee apart then you need correcting because that's the behaviour of an emotionally unstable dickhead like - like Pardew for example.
I actually think that you do Vieira a great disservice by drooling like a schoolkid over a moment of stupidity that signals clearly that he's not yet ready to be a top level coach in the caldron of the premier league where maintaining your decorum as a role model is absolutely essential..

Out of social interest (in an anthropological sense), if he'd have actually attacked the referee would that have made him an even better prospect as a manager in your world?

You have just ruled out Mourinho & Ferguson from being ready for any kind of managerial position.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:36 am

Patrick V may become the best manager in the history of the world. But I am reluctant that City become the trial for that. I am also unimpressed that it would be a 'popular choice with the players' - in my experience managers usually need to make themselves unpopular at times, in any walk of life.

Furthermore I would point out that Alan Ball was one of the best players of his generation and, as a manager, actually talked an excellent game. But............
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

tru dat homie

old cunts

cheers

What I take from that post is you are PWF-MP (a new take PWP if you will) I rather hope that the air Marshall on your flight doesn't monitor the Internet traffic on the flight. I guess you aren't keen on flying sober, despite your air miles?

Chin chin x

I refuse to believe that my libations caused this erratic posting style. However I do admit to being 4 Blood Marys into my day at that point and with little sleep.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 03, 2015 8:29 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ck-5626082

Sorry, can't copy/paste the article on my phone for some reason but this is the most important quote for those that don't want to give the mirror hits.

Our relations are excellent and I feel very happy at the club, so why not continue to develop myself with the youth team? I am at a very good club, I don’t mind staying another 3 or 4 more years."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby twosips » Sun May 03, 2015 8:39 am

I was at the u18s game yesterday morning and who was there watching? Paddy V. We fielded an incredibly young team too with many far too young for the u21s at the moment you would think... But he was there. Fair play to him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chopper » Mon May 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Why not give Vieira the gaffer spot at New York City for a couple of years? Kreis is not looking up to the job.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Chopper wrote:Why not give Vieira the gaffer spot at New York City for a couple of years? Kreis is not looking up to the job.

sounds like a plan, Stan. Me likey.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby twosips » Tue May 05, 2015 8:49 am

Chopper wrote:Why not give Vieira the gaffer spot at New York City for a couple of years? Kreis is not looking up to the job.

Bit harsh that on Kreis, whether it's true in the long term or not. Bunch of random journeymen, couple of players aside and literally a whole new club up against a bunch of established teams while trying to instil a pretty complex 'philosophy' and style of play. It's an incredibly hard job and I reckon hardly anyone would be able to manage it any better. Vieira definitely wouldn't.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum