Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 34

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 34

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:02 am

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League fixtures is Mark Selby, the reigning snooker world champion.
Selby's nickname is the 'Jester from Leicester' and he supports his local team - he is a lifelong Foxes fan.

Lawro never fails to continue his form...... mind you, last week he was actually spot on :-)

Interesting to note, that Lawro has never predicted City or Chelsea to lose game all season

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32411598

Aston Villa definitely deserved their FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool.
They were excellent in every area of the pitch and Christian Benteke is back firing on all cylinders and looks a real handful again.
Lawro on the race for the top four
"The title is almost done and dusted and the race for the top four is also looking a done deal. I think Arsenal, United and City are just fighting for 2-3-4 now. Arsenal are looking good for second place but I see City having a bit of a resurgence because they have not suddenly become a bad team and they still know how to win - they can still finish third."
Manchester City will beat them on Saturday, though.
I am not saying that because City saw off West Ham so easily on Sunday, because the Hammers were pathetic.
I just think Villa will give it far more of a go and try to make the most of their attacking players being in good form, and an open game should suit City.
Lawro's prediction: 2-0
Mark's prediction: Villa are another of our rivals - we don't like them much either. 1-0

Well the magic man (AAKA Degenerate Crackhead) isfull of insightfull knowledge this week in his review of our fixture vs his ex team Villa

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... senal-draw

Man City need to win and I think they will against Villa, 2-1.

The quicker they get this fourth place the more they can relax because if they don’t get fourth I don’t know what would happen. It’d be a nightmare for them.
PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 34

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 am

If we didn't get top four, it would be a set back, no doubt about it.

But I'm sick and tired of listening to the propaganda machine trying to make out that we would be finished as a club. It's pathetic.

It would be a big blow, but I don't believe the Shiekh will pack his bags and that we would fold as a club. Apparently we "don't have what the others have" to attract players over the likes of Liverpool, rags, Arse and Chavs. What is that? Is it history? Because our recent history says every domestic trophy including two league titles in the last 5 years.

I know it used to be that our glory days were too far back to be counted. Perhaps our latest glory days are too recent to be counted?

I don't know, it's a bit confusing.
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 am

this article from Martin Samuel made me laugh http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... grini.html

Its the section where a Liverpool fan writes in and says

"Don't worry City, you've got nothing to worry about. Guardiola will never join you. He will continue teasing as he does other Premier League clubs. City are a huge step down from Bayern and Guardiola cannot manage small sides. He only takes over at clubs with a proven European track record and Liverpool are the only English side on a par with Munich when it comes to European pedigree. They would be an ideal club for him to turn around. All the while Brendan Rodgers is in charge they are not progressing. Bonzer Bogan, Kent."

Samuels replied with

Liverpool? Ahead of Manchester City? What, because of an entry in a record book dating back to the last century? Next season, in all likelihood, Liverpool will not be in the Champions League. They have made it into the competition once since 2010. Football is about now, not what happened in the 1980s. One might as well argue for Guardiola taking over at Feyenoord or Sporting Lisbon. Manchester City have had a bad season by the standards of champions and have again made no impression on Europe – but changing that record is the challenge for a new manager. It is ridiculous to state that Guardiola would only be interested in clubs with a ‘proven European pedigree’ based on one career decision involving Bayern Munich. Right now, Liverpool are not in Munich’s league – whatever it says on dusty library shelves.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am

Nail.on.the.head

PS. What is it with the scousers, why are they so deluded?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:this article from Martin Samuel made me laugh http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... grini.html

"Don't worry City, you've got nothing to worry about. Guardiola will never join you. He will continue teasing as he does other Premier League clubs. City are a huge step down from Bayern and Guardiola cannot manage small sides. He only takes over at clubs with a proven European track record and Liverpool are the only English side on a par with Munich when it comes to European pedigree. They would be an ideal club for him to turn around. All the while Brendan Rodgers is in charge they are not progressing. Bonzer Bogan, Kent."

Samuels replied with

Liverpool? Ahead of Manchester City? What, because of an entry in a record book dating back to the last century? Next season, in all likelihood, Liverpool will not be in the Champions League. They have made it into the competition once since 2010. Football is about now, not what happened in the 1980s. One might as well argue for Guardiola taking over at Feyenoord or Sporting Lisbon. Manchester City have had a bad season by the standards of champions and have again made no impression on Europe – but changing that record is the challenge for a new manager. It is ridiculous to state that Guardiola would only be interested in clubs with a ‘proven European pedigree’ based on one career decision involving Bayern Munich. Right now, Liverpool are not in Munich’s league – whatever it says on dusty library shelves.

A brilliant reposte! This is why I prefer the rags to the dippers.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:58 pm

We don't want the Wenger Trophy !!!!
That MUST belong to the Rags !!!!! We MUST finish above them so we can take piss all summer !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:this article from Martin Samuel made me laugh http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... grini.html

Samuels replied with

Excellent from Samuels there. The dippers are by far the most deluded bunch. Even rags are more aware of where their club is. Keep Brenda in a job for as long as possible I say. He is to them what Moyes was to rags
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 pm

I like Martin Samuels.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC