Thierry Henry - great footballer but crap pundit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thierry Henry - great footballer but crap pundit

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:39 pm

“That’s Ronaldo’s goal,” he said. "At that particular moment he couldn’t shoot, so he didn’t take the risk of doing something stupid and silly with it.
“He saw a guy in a better position, which Chicharito was, and he gave him the ball.
“What I don’t like is Chicharito seems like he’s won the World Cup with that.”
The other pundits in the studio questioned whether Henry was being too harsh on Hernandez, who has not enjoyed the best time on loan at Real from Manchester United.
“It’s a tap-in,” he added. “Turn around and celebrate with Ronaldo. Even the camera knew – the camera is on Ronaldo for a reason.”
“I think the pressure went through him. He knew he had to perform today and he had a couple of chances to do it.
“If Ronaldo had done that I would have said the same thing. You have to pass the ball, but it’s still a tap-in and you have to turn around and say thank you.”
After receiving criticism for his comments on Twitter, Henry added: "Football is a team game. Yes Hernandez scored the all-important goal but the work of cristiano made it possible. It cannot be underestimated.
"I love it when players celebrate and acknowledge the player that made the assist. The pass can be just as important as the goal."

What a complete knobhead, it was a massive goal in the context of the game to get to a semi final of the Champions league, and then saying he should have ran to Ronaldo. I am sure if it was the other way around, Ronaldo would have ran away to the corner and stood there pontificating about how amazing he is.

I agree the pass is just as important at times and you should acknowledge your team mates but to go on like he has is just pathetic IMO
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Thierry Henry - great footballer but crap pundit

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:44 pm

I think he is a massive prick but he is in my all time prem 11 up front with Bergkamp.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:45 pm

He's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

And I knew he was going to be shite when the sky wankathon was going on about him "joining the team".
Great striker, but totally arrogant and a cheat.

Actually, none of the above really bothers me as much as the fact that he is just shiiiiiiite at being a pundit.
He offers nothing.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Did you celebrate with the ref when he allowed you handle the ball ( twice ) to assist Gallas in scoring against Ireland?

I realise the importance of the goal but you should at least acknowledge the ref for letting you away with being a cheating cunt, you cheating cunt, now fuck off.

Bitter? Me? Too fucking right I am.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Condescending and obnoxious are two words that spring to mind when I think of him, he fits into the sky team nicely.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Did you celebrate with the ref when he allowed you handle the ball ( twice ) to assist Gallas in scoring against Ireland?

I realise the importance of the goal but you should at least acknowledge the ref for letting you away with being a cheating cunt, you cheating cunt, now fuck off.

Are you Shay Given?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Are you Shay Given?

Depends who's asking.

Have you got blonde hair, a rocking hot body with a nice pair of tits and a thing for Irish goalkeepers?

If you do then yes I am.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Are you Shay Given?

Depends who's asking.

Have you got blonde hair, a rocking hot body with a nice pair of tits and a thing for Irish goalkeepers?

If you do then yes I am.

ha ha *LIKE*
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Blonde hair and tits yes. Not the smoking body. Choose your destiny.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:20 pm

He's a thick cunt and a despicable cheating cunt. Cunt.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:48 pm

earning his £4m a year....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Are you Shay Given?

Depends who's asking.

If you do then yes I am.

She does but her name's Bruce Jenner. Enjoy yourself brah.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
“That’s Ronaldo’s goal,” he said. "At that particular moment he couldn’t shoot, so he didn’t take the risk of doing something stupid and silly with it.
“He saw a guy in a better position, which Chicharito was, and he gave him the ball.
“What I don’t like is Chicharito seems like he’s won the World Cup with that.”
The other pundits in the studio questioned whether Henry was being too harsh on Hernandez, who has not enjoyed the best time on loan at Real from Manchester United.
“It’s a tap-in,” he added. “Turn around and celebrate with Ronaldo. Even the camera knew – the camera is on Ronaldo for a reason.”
“I think the pressure went through him. He knew he had to perform today and he had a couple of chances to do it.
“If Ronaldo had done that I would have said the same thing. You have to pass the ball, but it’s still a tap-in and you have to turn around and say thank you.”
After receiving criticism for his comments on Twitter, Henry added: "Football is a team game. Yes Hernandez scored the all-important goal but the work of cristiano made it possible. It cannot be underestimated.
"I love it when players celebrate and acknowledge the player that made the assist. The pass can be just as important as the goal."

What a complete knobhead, it was a massive goal in the context of the game to get to a semi final of the Champions league, and then saying he should have ran to Ronaldo. I am sure if it was the other way around, Ronaldo would have ran away to the corner and stood there pontificating about how amazing he is.

I agree the pass is just as important at times and you should acknowledge your team mates but to go on like he has is just pathetic IMO

I didn't see Henry say this, and get the idea of him being a bad sport, but part of me agrees with him. I understand this is perhaps about making a point about selfish play in the sport that we can see from some players. Taking credit when it is not clear how due it was deserved would surely fall under this. Certainly was a massive goal but Hernandez didn't exactly have to do much to score for a player at that level.

Henry also seems to consider himself an ambassador of football, perhaps wishes to manage one day, and may wish to point out when happenings occur that he might say to a player to show his willingness to speak out. He has been outspoken on other issues, like racism, more so than many others and I actually happen to admire him for this.

To each his own I guess.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Cunt , tried the piss take Penalty with his diving cunt mate, Pires, cunts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby littlebig » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:57 pm

"great footballer but crap pundit" ... and a cheat.

Will always be remembered as a great player but will also always be remembered as a cheat.

That's your legacy Henry.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:17 pm

He's also covered his arms in absolutely dog shit tattoos. Like probably the worst you've ever seen. All that money and instead of looking at which decent tattooists are out there he just goes to the cheapest shittiest one down some back street!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 pm

If Ronaldo could have shot he would not have passed. He passed it only cos he's lost the chance. Fuck him and fuck Thierry.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:28 am

'Great footballer but crap pundit'. That's it in a nutshell.
I got worried immediately when I saw the cringeworthy ads about him joining the Sky team... And he has indeed proved to be very boring pundit. At least on those occasions where Ive seen him.

Loved to watch him play at Arsenal tho
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:22 am

I can't watch him......it just makes me cringe, like I'm embarrassed for him. I'm not sure if it's his voice or manner, but he's as inappropriate as Michael Owen as a pundit/expert. I can't really think of a greater insult.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Even Carragher pulled him up on it by basically laughing at him saying if it was the other way round Ronaldo would have celebrated on his own. Then mentioned the champs league final when he got a penalty with the last kick to make it 4-1 and he celebrated like he scored a fantastic winner.

Let's not forget Hernandez has had a really shit season and this was a very timely and important goal. If I scored that I'd have done a lap of honour!
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum