Chappy Q&A £90 + VAT!!!!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chappy Q&A £90 + VAT!!!!!!!

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 am

Is this a piss take? £90 + VAT to go and listen to Chappy answer some questions!!
OK Good luck with that City, I cant see many of the 2400 away fans travelling to City HQ in Euston to listen to an hour of chappy mumble on, as much as I like Chappy, this is just a real piss take.

The Club is delighted to announce the next City in the City event will take place on Sunday 3 May, 12.15pm prior to the Blues’ clash with Tottenham Hotspur.

City’s London office in Euston will once again play host to an afternoon of entertainment and refreshments before Manuel Pellegrini’s men take on Spurs at White Hart Lane.

This time we have enlisted the help of much loved ex-City kit man and resident prankster Les “Chappy” Chapman.

Chappy will be taking part in a Q&A looking back on his extraordinary 22 year career with City as well as his 26-year career in football, during which he amassed a staggering 747 league appearances.

This is sure to be an insightful, enlightening and enjoyable experience hearing from one of the Club’s most popular figures.

Guests can enjoy a fully inclusive package including:

Pre-match event with food and beverage service
Private coach travel to White Hart Lane
MCFC host on the day
Right to purchase away end ticket

Tickets to the event are priced £90 + VAT plus an additional £54 for a match ticket
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Chappy Q&A £90 + VAT!!!!!!!

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 am

There will be some mugs who will love that shit.

Leave them to it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:46 am

lets all have a disco wrote:There will be some mugs who will love that shit.

Leave them to it.

More money than sense, Herb maybe.
Wonderwall

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:53 am

Tickets to the event are priced £90 + VAT plus an additional £54 for a match ticket

This'll be the hook. I bet there are a fair few dozen people in the city who don't mind forking out 90 quid to skip the queue to buy a ticket for a game, and get a meal and convenient coach travel thrown in, too.

What I wonder is how many tickets have been kept back from regular match-attending fans to make it worthwhile putting on this event?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:13 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

This'll be the hook. I bet there are a fair few dozen people in the city who don't mind forking out 90 quid to skip the queue to buy a ticket for a game, and get a meal and convenient coach travel thrown in, too.

What I wonder is how many tickets have been kept back from regular match-attending fans to make it worthwhile putting on this event?

tickets are on open sale
Wonderwall

Postby Mike J » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 am

Haha wow, that is ridiculous.

I like chappy and is obviously really highly thought of around the club. But some of the content they have him doing on the website is plain awful.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 am

£90 when you could just go on the website and watch him ballooning for free....hmmm let me think!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:57 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Yep, that's the rub.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby bobby brows » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 am

This gimmick has rapidly run its course. It feels like the time that Brazilian player Alan played against us for Red Bull Salzburg. Yeah, the support, got a laugh out of it on the night and it made a dull game more interesting. However City's website took it too far, running articles on him, going to Austria to Interview him and do an article on their original article about him.

City need to chill out, focus on the fundamentals, good football, good beer and good merchandise. I've had another survey off them about the programme this season. I told them to fuck Kevin Cummins off, I'm sick of 80s music articles, book and film reviews and only three pages on the opposition.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am

Isn't it to commemorate the 30th anniversary of his joke ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 am

Wonderwall wrote:Is this a piss take? £90 + VAT to go and listen to Chappy answer some questions!!
OK Good luck with that City, I cant see many of the 2400 away fans travelling to City HQ in Euston to listen to an hour of chappy mumble on, as much as I like Chappy, this is just a real piss take.

The Club is delighted to announce the next City in the City event will take place on Sunday 3 May, 12.15pm prior to the Blues’ clash with Tottenham Hotspur.

City’s London office in Euston will once again play host to an afternoon of entertainment and refreshments before Manuel Pellegrini’s men take on Spurs at White Hart Lane.

This time we have enlisted the help of much loved ex-City kit man and resident prankster Les “Chappy” Chapman.

Chappy will be taking part in a Q&A looking back on his extraordinary 22 year career with City as well as his 26-year career in football, during which he amassed a staggering 747 league appearances.

This is sure to be an insightful, enlightening and enjoyable experience hearing from one of the Club’s most popular figures.

Guests can enjoy a fully inclusive package including:

Pre-match event with food and beverage service
Private coach travel to White Hart Lane
MCFC host on the day

Will there be padded seats. If so count me out still.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum