***city v west ham match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v west ham match thread***

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Comfortable win but I would have liked to see another couple of goals for the goal difference. Obviously worrying about Silva. Fractured cheek bone?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Shit second half....foot off the pedal and it was boring to watch.
Pelelgrini is a TOTAL cunt for not playing Pozo in one of our easiest games we have played all season.The fuckign wanker will never use our youth unless hes fucking told to do so. Two nil up and a perfect opportunity to bring in Pozo...........fuckign dick of a manager.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
No Pozo has really pissed me off. Fans love seeing young players coming through and doing well. Absolutely nothing to be gained from bringing on Fernandinho or Dzeko. Things like that and the last few months have turned me against Pellegrini.

Probably saving him for the FA youth cup final tomorrow. Which I can understand. There was no need for him today but there is tomorrow.

That's a good point actually. Probably didn't want to risk him against a physical team with tomorrow in mind.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
No Pozo has really pissed me off. Fans love seeing young players coming through and doing well. Absolutely nothing to be gained from bringing on Fernandinho or Dzeko. Things like that and the last few months have turned me against Pellegrini.

Probably saving him for the FA youth cup final tomorrow. Which I can understand. There was no need for him today but there is tomorrow.

That's a good point actually. Probably didn't want to risk him against a physical team with tomorrow in mind.

Yep...bringing him on for 10 minutes would have killed him for tomorrows game!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

That is just an excuse though and you know it. 9mins at the end would have done him no harm. In fact it might have given him a big boost

But we won today so that's it. happy days
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:31 pm

The game wasn't won. He thought Dzeko and Nasri would make more impact than Pozo. Not a ridiculous decision at all. He needs top 4 at all costs.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Great we got the points. But there's still a lot wrong.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Why have him on bench then? If you are fit enough for the bench you are fit enough to play. If it's the match day experience Pellegrini wanted to hand out, Pozo has that. Barker or Angelino or Maffeo would have been a better bet in that regard. FA a Youth cups are all well and good but he would have learnt as much in 20/25 minutes against a Premier League side as in the game tomorrow IMO
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Yep...bringing him on for 10 minutes would have killed him for tomorrows game!!!

A stray elbow or two might have done - or a dead leg or mild concussion.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:37 pm

blues2win wrote:Comfortable win but I would have liked to see another couple of goals for the goal difference. Obviously worrying about Silva. Fractured cheek bone?

Possible neck injury as well from the snap.

Dirty challenge and Pozo aside, I am a little upset Kolarov didn't snap that cunt's leg.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pelelgrini is a TOTAL cunt for not playing Pozo in one of our easiest games we have played all season.The fuckign wanker will never use our youth unless hes fucking told to do so. Two nil up and a perfect opportunity to bring in Pozo...........fuckign dick of a manager.

neither would Mancini. with so much money in the club there's no incentive for the managers to bring in youth, especially if the club is gonna sack the manager within 3 yrs.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:37 pm

That is just an excuse though and you know it. 9mins at the end would have done him no harm. In fact it might have given him a big boost

Or it might have tired him a bit, just to not make him 100 % for tomorrow. Seeing as we didn't need him, might be better for tomorrow.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:38 pm

He's on the bench because every cunt is injured.

No time to be risking the game when people like Zaba & Yaya are running on fumes. One stupid goal from West Ham would likely bring two & the form Pozo is in, he's not gping to win it back for you.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:38 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:No Pozo has really pissed me off. Fans love seeing young players coming through and doing well. Absolutely nothing to be gained from bringing on Fernandinho or Dzeko. Things like that and the last few months have turned me against Pellegrini.

The substitutions were a disappointment alright. It's sorted it in my mind, who needs to go.
Nasri, Dzeko, Kolorov and perhaps Yaya if they have the balls to clear out so many, considering Milner and Jovotic will probably go too.
I thought those that have been getting the most stick, played well today. Navas, Mangala, even Fernando. Yaya showed effort but is getting very slow. Zabba looked good.
There was still a lot that is worrying about the second half in particular. Sloppiness, overhit/underhit passing. Balls played behind the onrunning striker etc.
West Ham were poor. Not all opposition we have left, will be as bad.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Dzonkey is a fucking pathetic excuse for a professional. Get him the fuck out of our club.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He's on the bench because every cunt is injured.

No time to be risking the game when people like Zaba & Yaya are running on fumes. One stupid goal from West Ham would likely bring two & the form Pozo is in, he's not gping to win it back for you.

If you think, that by putting in pozo in injury time, we are at risk of conceding 2 goals or worse then you need to sit in the corner.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:43 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:No Pozo has really pissed me off. Fans love seeing young players coming through and doing well. Absolutely nothing to be gained from bringing on Fernandinho or Dzeko. Things like that and the last few months have turned me against Pellegrini.

The substitutions were a disappointment alright. It's sorted it in my mind, who needs to go.
Nasri, Dzeko, Kolorov and perhaps Yaya if they have the balls to clear out so many, considering Milner and Jovotic will probably go too.
I thought those that have been getting the most stick, played well today. Navas, Mangala, even Fernando. Yaya showed effort but is getting very slow. Zabba looked good.
There was still a lot that is worrying about the second half in particular. Sloppiness, overhit/underhit passing. Balls played behind the onrunning striker etc.
West Ham were poor. Not all opposition we have left, will be as bad.

Zaba started the game as Zaba & finished it as his grandad again. Yaya did well going forward but he too look 80 years old by the end. Nasri did ok but he looked fucked.

Aguero got a lot closer to the near post today, thus Navas was motm.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If you think, that by putting in pozo in injury time, we are at risk of conceding 2 goals or worse then you need to sit in the corner.

We were in danger of conceding goals without bringing him on. You people are just moaning for the sake of it.
Pozo doesn't deserve to be on the bench. He is only there because we have no strikers & the rest are playing in the Youth Cup final.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We were in danger of conceding goals without bringing him on. You people are just moaning for the sake of it.
Pozo doesn't deserve to be on the bench. He is only there because we have no strikers & the rest are playing in the Youth Cup final.

I'm not moaning for the sake of it at all.........we have had youth on our bench a few times this season and not a sniff of anyone coming on , even when we were cruising. Similar to day.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:53 pm

We weren't cruising today. If you look back at the thread, West Ham nearly scored AFTER some of you lot had started moaning about us being safe.

Earlier in the season, kids yes. 4 up today, kids yes. 2-0 with Kamikaze defending , & 9 mins added on fucking NO.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum