Benitez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Benitez

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:55 pm

I am worried about this news that looks to have some truth in it. Are we that retarded? How is Benitez a step up from Pellers?

The owner of Napoli will not continue with Benitez and at this point, he and Klopp are something that might actually happen. I don't want to talk about Klopp, there is anothere thread there, but how on earth are we thinking about the Fat Spanish Waiter?

- won a single title in his life, with Valencia.
- distroyed Inter after Maureen
- best performance with Scouse, second place, losing the title in their typical way.
- did not have a title challenge with Napoli, even if he spent almost 100 milion.

- Ok, he won 3 europeans cup: Champions League, UEFA Cup and Europa League and are the favorites for this season, but for fuck sake, are we that desperate to win something in Europe that we are prepared to throw everything out the window in the league?!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Benitez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Genuine question, what makes you believe this rumour has some truth in it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:59 pm

He isnt a bad manager at all, not sure I want him here TBH
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Genuine question, what makes you believe this rumour has some truth in it?

If we decided to sack Pellers, then Klopp and Benitez are the obvious choices. Both will be free of contract and they are top managers, in the eye of the ... experts.

Of course, Peter Reid will be free too, but i have this feeling we are not going to offer him a contract.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Genuine question, what makes you believe this rumour has some truth in it?

If we decided to sack Pellers, then Klopp and Benitez are the obvious choices. Both will be free of contract and they are top managers, in the eye of the ... experts.

Of course, Peter Reid will be free too, but i have this feeling we are not going to offer him a contract.

Sorry mate, I don't meant to sound like a smart arse but that doesn't answer my question.

Soriano was recently quoted as saying we won't ditch our 'cavalier' approach. Is Benitez' style cavalier? I wouldn't have thought so.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 pm

If we were having a manager for one year, I'd rather have Benitez than that Argentinian zombie bloke. Benitez is just a less mental version of Mancini; good at organising teams to draw games.

But if you give him top quality attackers & tell him he has to play attacking football, then like Mancini, he will reluctantly do it. I wouldn't like to see him around for more than one season though.

But we will almost certainly not be seeing The Penguin at our place, unless it's necessary to sack Pellegrini for the last 4 or 5 games I imagine. Or if all the other candidates die.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Sorry mate, I don't meant to sound like a smart arse but that doesn't answer my question.

Soriano was recently quoted as saying we won't ditch our 'cavalier' approach. Is Benitez' style cavalier? I wouldn't have thought so.

If you ask me, Soriano has no idea what a cavalier approach mean. The thing is, Benitez has a good relashionship with both of the Spafia clan, he was on Barcelona”s shortlist in 2004, but they went with Rijkaard. He would be a choice for them and these constant rumours have a bit of truth in it. There is no fire without smoke.

Curious is what is happening at Munchen right now, after the chief doctor resigned after a row with Guardiola, last week.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby ayrshireblue » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Mourinho ruined Inter not Benitez. Still don't want him, but Inter were an old team playing out their skins to stifle and choke other teams rather than win games on their own. Mourinho was desperate to jump ship to Real Madrid after that Europen Cup win and then proved that he's got no class whatsoever.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

If you ask me, Soriano has no idea what a cavalier approach mean. The thing is, Benitez has a good relashionship with both of the Spafia clan, he was on Barcelona”s shortlist in 2004, but they went with Rijkaard. He would be a choice for them and these constant rumours have a bit of truth in it. There is no fire without smoke.

Curious is what is happening at Munchen right now, after the chief doctor resigned after a row with Guardiola, last week.

Didn't realise he was on their shortlist with Barca, that adds a bit more weight to the rumours.

Chief doctor resigned eh? I recall our chief doctor resigning following our first title win following a row with Mancini, we had a remarkable injury record that season with the treatment table being rarely used. Since he's gone our medics seem a lot busier.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:30 pm

if we need a manager for one year Benitez would be an excellent choice. Well respected as one of the most knowledgeable managers in football. Would make us hard to beat which is what we need now.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Didn't realise he was on their shortlist with Barca, that adds a bit more weight to the rumours.

Chief doctor resigned eh? I recall our chief doctor resigning following our first title win following a row with Mancini, we had a remarkable injury record that season with the treatment table being rarely used. Since he's gone our medics seem a lot busier.

Yes, however i never heard a weird situation like the one that the german doctor had there.

It looks like the chief doctor actually has a clinic and he is not at the ground when they are having training sessions and instead, if someone get injured, he is carried to the clinic. Guardiola was furious after what happen with Robben and Ribery and they had a huge row. You can find online a lot of details about that.

I just talked about this situation because there is a chance we might see Pep sooner without a job that we expected.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:41 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Mourinho ruined Inter not Benitez. Still don't want him, but Inter were an old team playing out their skins to stifle and choke other teams rather than win games on their own. Mourinho was desperate to jump ship to Real Madrid after that Europen Cup win and then proved that he's got no class whatsoever.

Mourinho makes sure that he burns it down on the way out if he can, so that his legend grows. He's an A-grade cunt.

Benitez isn't the worst manager in the world, and i doubt he could possibly do worse than Pellers this season. Fat Sam could lead this team to the top 4. FACT.

That said...i do not covet Benitez at City in any way. We could do something dumber tho, for sure.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Just no.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:47 pm

I sure wouldn't want Benitez to get his hands on our transfer kitty.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:50 pm

mr_nool wrote:I sure wouldn't want Benitez to get his hands on our transfer kitty.

He'd have to get by Txiki first.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 pm

If the players didn't like Mancini as he was rude and never said "good morning" they will well and truly spit their dummies out if Rafa rocks up. Recently read Bellamy's book and he didn't have a good word to say about Rafa. Said he is very stand offish with players and rarely speaks to anyone. Doesn't seem the type to give millionaire footballers and little hug and tell them that they are wonderful....

Maybe thought this is what our underperforming lads need. A big kick up the backside and a manager that isn't a nice guy. I could maybe stomach him for a year as he may get us defending again but that has to be on the proviso that Pep is coming, and can anyone guarantee that??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:42 pm

He doesn't play the type of football that we appear to be striving for - of the obvious choices only Pep and Klopp (maybe Ancelotti) really seem like the 'right fit'.
The only thing in his favour is availability so I think that's what the media are latching on to.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Are Psycho and Beanie available?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Are Psycho and Beanie available?

unfortunately, yes.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Just tell them if they don't win every game between now and the end of the season, Mancini's coming back with all the power he wanted. That should make them run a bit
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum