Pep Guardiola - football genius??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola - football genius??

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:You're delusional. There has been criticism while he was at Barca. Character assassination? How about the whole Tito episode. Or Zlatan's book. He is managing the most hated club in Germany. The world doesn't revolve around Manchester City, wake up.

I'm talking about stuff being spread on our own sites & in our media over here. It has already started.

If he arrives, we won't be getting the best manager in the world, we will be getting a flawed character with a dodgy temper, who was lucky to manage a Barca team who might have been better without him. And some of the people saying it, will be City fans. Watch.

Same will happen if it's Klopp.

If either go to the rags in two years time, they will be getting the best manager in the world, from their fans & the media.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 am

I'm talking about stuff being spread on our own sites & in our media over here. It has already started.

Have been sceptical about Guardiola since what went down during Ibrahimovic's tenure at Barca. Also have mates who follow the Bundesliga and who support Bayern. Sparty, another who's spreading "stuff" on this site I guess, seems to have several mates on who he's basing his opinions on. The guy who started the thread has already said he thinks Guardiola will succeed but wants to discuss the pros adn cons. You yourself made such a big deal about not being allowed to discuss Mancini's flaws without getting attacked. Don't fall into the same pattern yourself and stop generalizing. ;)
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:55 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:You're delusional. There has been criticism while he was at Barca. Character assassination? How about the whole Tito episode. Or Zlatan's book. He is managing the most hated club in Germany. The world doesn't revolve around Manchester City, wake up.

Mine does.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Mine does.

sadly I sometimes have this outlook
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Have been sceptical about Guardiola since what went down during Ibrahimovic's tenure at Barca. Also have mates who follow the Bundesliga and who support Bayern. Sparty, another who's spreading "stuff" on this site I guess, seems to have several mates on who he's basing his opinions on. The guy who started the thread has already said he thinks Guardiola will succeed but wants to discuss the pros adn cons. You yourself made such a big deal about not being allowed to discuss Mancini's flaws without getting attacked. Don't fall into the same pattern yourself and stop generalizing. ;)

Bayern fans booed Robben off the fucking pitch playing for Holland, because they lost a Champions League final. They are a bunch of twats, & far worse than us.

Guardiola is NOT our manager. He has done fuck all wrong at City. What is happening is his reputation being devalued before he even gets here. If the same kind of criteria was applied to other candidates, we would employ nobody. His Barca team was just about the best team we have ever seen, until his Bayern team turned up & surpassed it. That is reality, not some cunt's book or some fucking Bayern fan's opinion.

If people don't like the way Pep plays football & prefer more direct style etc, that's the discussion, not this other fucking bullshit. He wins stuff. He doesn't win everything all the time. Sonetimes he gets his arse kicked. He won't win all the time at City if he comes. Sometimes we will get fucking hammered. And guess what, it will also happen to any other cunt who gets the job.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Bayern fans booed Robben off the fucking pitch playing for Holland, because they lost a Champions League final. They are a bunch of twats, & far worse than us.

Guardiola is NOT our manager. He has done fuck all wrong at City. What is happening is his reputation being devalued before he even gets here. If the same kind of criteria was applied to other candidates, we would employ nobody. His Barca team was just about the best team we have ever seen, until his Bayern team turned up & surpassed it. That is reality, not some cunt's book or some fucking Bayern fan's opinion.

If people don't like the way Pep plays football & prefer more direct style etc, that's the discussion, not this other fucking bullshit. He wins stuff. He doesn't win everything all the time. Sonetimes he gets his arse kicked. He won't win all the time at City if he comes. Sometimes we will get fucking hammered. And guess what, it will also happen to any other cunt who gets the job.

Bayern fans are German rags. Anyone they hate will do for me.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Managers need players fit and raring to go every game a squad happy to do the biz, take the players Bayern had missing and Porto make Hay. I also think you play under Pep or Jose you are pushed to the limit every day, no days off, you play for City this season it is Butlins. The players have had it easy at City. Soft centres and no work ethic or pride, rolled over and found out under a nice fella, maybe to nice.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:24 pm

So, let me just recap this thread so far:

Pep is not the genius everyone thinks he is, cos he has been iffy at bayern

Ted thinks there is a media agenda against Pep already because he could become our next manager - and for that reason only.....despite the clear evidence that he really isn't all that, despite him being slated in Germany for 2 years and despite numerous players and writers saying he was a cunt.

But yea, it's all a media agenda because he might come to city

Grow up
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:48 am

He isn't all that because that fucking big nosed cunt Ibra & a bunch of arrogant German cunts who think they have a devine right to win the fucking Champions League every year, say so ?

Fucking bollocks.

And no the media agenda hasn't started yet, they are just warming up with a few shots. If he goes to Utd it will never start. If he comes to us, he'll be a failure.

What has started, is City fans attacking his previous success, which I find un fucking believeable. So a bunch of fuckers are arming themselves with bullshit, ready to use against him if he loses a few games. He didn't really do much at Barca, just lucky.

What fucking shite.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:17 am

This argument is beyond tedious lads.

Handbags over the question of whether pep might be slightly overrated? Unless I missed it nobody thinks he's shit? The opinion ranges from football genius to good coach with a bit of fortune over where he landed his big break.

Hardly worth a row that material is it?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:17 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:So, let me just recap this thread so far:

Pep is not the genius everyone thinks he is, cos he has been iffy at bayern

Ted thinks there is a media agenda against Pep already because he could become our next manager - and for that reason only.....despite the clear evidence that he really isn't all that, despite him being slated in Germany for 2 years and despite numerous players and writers saying he was a cunt.

But yea, it's all a media agenda because he might come to city

Grow up

Bayernrag. Who gives a fuck,about anything those fuckers think, they have had a hard on for us since we attempted to join the party, losing Pep to us would be a nice fuck you if it ever happened, and yes if he joined the scum or replaced Wenger, Pep gets a free pass, no doubt about it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

If he arrives, we won't be getting the best manager in the world, we will be getting a flawed character with a dodgy temper, who was lucky to manage a Barca team who might have been better without him. And some of the people saying it, will be City fans. Watch.

Same will happen if it's Klopp.

If either go to the rags in two years time, they will be getting the best manager in the world, from their fans & the media.

Ted, if we signed Messi, people would complain he's crap in the air or doesn't track back. Rags sign Phil Jones and the following day he was the next Duncan Edwards.

Personally, I think our view is the more Mancunian one, which is no surprise and I don't want to swap it.

As for Pep, his Barca side were brilliant and mainly are. Bayern can be fantastic. Down to him, the players, the previous manager? None of us will know unless he status somewhere for 20 years and build several teams, but that's not something modern managers will get, so they can always be tarnished by their predecessor. We see now that 'Pellegrini just turned Mancini's side around', yet several of the best players were bought by Hughes, one by Pearce. Maybe that's why the director of football is so important, although it helps if they don't buy Fernando...

My real concern about Pep - a few years managing the best side in the world with the world's best player and he needed a sabbatical. How long would he last with a side that can't even score from a corner?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Spurge » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:46 am

He's won a few games over his career hasn't he, so I guess he can't be too bad a manager....
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:57 am

Unless I missed it nobody thinks he's shit?

No, you are completely correct.

My real concern about Pep - a few years managing the best side in the world with the world's best player and he needed a sabbatical. How long would he last with a side that can't even score from a corner?

To be fair, having worked with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi for a few years, he probably needed a break just to not put unreasonable demands on the his next batch of players. Also, by taking a break he probably heightened his market value even more by playing hard to get. I wouldn't hold the break against him is what I'm saying.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:44 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:This argument is beyond tedious lads.

Handbags over the question of whether pep might be slightly overrated? Unless I missed it nobody thinks he's shit? The opinion ranges from football genius to good coach with a bit of fortune over where he landed his big break.

Hardly worth a row that material is it?

My point is; he's been the best coach in the world in recent times & now he's linked to City, even our own fans are building up a selection of sticks to hit him with ! He hasn't even arrived yet & his reputation is being chipped away, by our own fans, already. If he goes to fucking Arsenal, we have got a great big shitstorm of a problem.

He loses a game; yeah see, he's alright at Barca with Messi, but he's just an average coach really. Anyone would win the Champions League with Barca & the titles at Bayern don't count & he should have won the Champions League there every year.

I can'f fucking believe how negative some City fans are. This is Pep Guardiola ffs !

If he's 'not all that' what the fuck chance has any other cunt got of being good enough for City ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:52 am

If our season had not been a complete disaster I would have been inclined to give Pellegrini another season.

It is not the winning nothing this season that has put me firmly in the Pellegrini out camp. I mean you cant win the League, or a cup every season. In fact not savouring success, makes it more enjoyable when you do savour success.Our first title win in my life time, will forever have a special place in my heart.

The reason I want Pellegrini gone is because we have looked dreadful as a team. All season defensively we have looked like a car crash about to happen. Set pieces we have been truly shocking. Our football is slow and ponderous.His tactics are very predictable,even none existent. Many of our players look unfit and over weight. Dare I say Holistic has killed us.

As the saying goes, "failing to prepare", "is preparing to fail" .

This is the main reason i want Pellegrini gone. He shows the enthusiasm of a Corpse on Ice. Our side that was once so exciting to watch, can now send you to sleep. it is a mirror image of Pellegrini.

We never made a challenge this season, there was no pride in battle. It was criminal the way we surrendered our Title with out a fight. I don't want another season like this one ever again.I can take the winning nothing,i am a City fan who remembers the dark days.I cant take the gutless,spinless performances week in week out.Players going throught the motions.The manager is to blame for that.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:00 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Unless I missed it nobody thinks he's shit?

No, you are completely correct.

To be fair, having worked with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi for a few years, he probably needed a break just to not put unreasonable demands on the his next batch of players. Also, by taking a break he probably heightened his market value even more by playing hard to get. I wouldn't hold the break against him is what I'm saying.

I think it's just another example of him being smart.

You are brought up in Spain & get Barca playing such an extreme style of football, on the go 24 7, concentrating on nothing but that, for years, then you leave & turn up at Chelsea a month later, with your head full of all kinds of shit, you are not likely to succeed.

He's stepped back & had a look at the rest of the football world. I think if the Chelsea move had come off, it might have been a mistake by both, & indeed coming here trying to get our players to run about like Barca could have been a disaster.

Germany is a great stepping stone between Spanish football & English football & it's interesting to see him combining elements of both at Bayern.

Imo the smart move would be to get the fuck out of there because they possibly need a bigger rebuilding job than we do, in the near future, & it would be better done by a German. Plus there are only so many Dortmund players left to sign.

City are ideal for him if he moves his arse. We have the funds & the academy & people who trust him, in charge at the club. And whinging fuckers we may be, but we are not at Bayern's level.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:08 am

zabbadabbado wrote:If our season had not been a complete disaster I would have been inclined to give Pellegrini another season.

It is not the winning nothing this season that has put me firmly in the Pellegrini out camp. I mean you cant win the League, or a cup every season. In fact not savouring success, makes it more enjoyable when you do savour success.Our first title win in my life time, will forever have a special place in my heart.

The reason I want Pellegrini gone is because we have looked dreadful as a team. All season defensively we have looked like a car crash about to happen. Set pieces we have been truly shocking. Our football is slow and ponderous.His tactics are very predictable,even none existent. Many of our players look unfit and over weight. Dare I say Holistic has killed us.

As the saying goes, "failing to prepare", "is preparing to fail" .

This is the main reason i want Pellegrini gone. He shows the enthusiasm of a Corpse on Ice. Our side that was once so exciting to watch, can now send you to sleep. it is a mirror image of Pellegrini.

We never made a challenge this season, there was no pride in battle. It was criminal the way we surrendered our Title with out a fight. I don't want another season like this one ever again.I can take the winning nothing,i am a City fan who remembers the dark days.I cant take the gutless,spinless performances week in week out.Players going throught the motions.The manager is to blame for that.

Please don't say 'hollistic' at all unless you want to discuss that. It is really annoying & fuck all to do with what has happened.

The players are to blame imo.

There was no problem with corners etc last season we were one of the best & our record defending against them was one of the best this season, certainly upto Christmas possibly the best. We did all the hard work changing styles last season.

This season should have been just repeating that. They shouldn't need coaching from the start all over again. Just refreshing.

The players have let us down, & Pellegrini's fault is that he hasn't been able to get them playing.

I very much doubt Guardiola or Klopp would have done so either. They would have to ride it out, bite their lips, take the shit, & then sack a few.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:17 am

Ok let's get this right !
Two of the best managers in the world (Guardiola & Klopp) are being STRONGLY linked with us ?
Media agenda already in overdrive , we have been here before haven't we ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:29 am

Some in the media are saying Klopp wouldn't suit City.

I disagree, I think his personality could be made for City. It could be a marriage made in heaven. Youthful bubbly manager, slightly eccentric, with a very good personality and football philosophy, teams up with City who are still at the beginning of a great journey. I like the way he has Dortmund playing. That performance against us at home was outstanding, Hart had his best night ever in a City shirt.

Maybe I am being paranoid. But when the Rag loving media start saying it wouldn't work out. Then I know it probably will work out. They fear us finally getting a decent long term manager. They want Klopp to go to Arsenal but not us mmmmmmm.

Rat Boy, and Mouriniho, want Pellegrini to be given time mmmmmm.

Could be reverse psychology, by those with ulterior motives at work here.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum