FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 18, 2015 3:29 pm

CTID Hants wrote:The president of the European governing body has admitted that changes are afoot, with clubs set to be cut more slack

Uefa could be set to relax its Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, with president Michel Platini admitting a decision will be made in June.

The rules, which were first implemented in 2011, forbid clubs from spending beyond their means, with significant fines, squad limits and suspensions enforced across the Champions League and Europa League for those guilty of breaching the designated guidelines.

But the Uefa chief has told RTL that Europe’s governing body has agreed to review the agreed boundaries and could well decide to allow a relaxation of the financial controls.

“I think the regulations that have been made are fine, but FFP was voted in by the clubs,” Platini explained.

“The French press have questioned it since Roman Abramovich at Chelsea can buy players while in France they cannot.

“Today in France they want another system, but if Qatar [owners of Paris Saint-Germain] had bought AC Milan they would want stricter enforcement. As it is, the Italians also say they want a lighter FFP.

“I understand that we are in a world of false bottoms, but we say this openly. I think we’ll lighten things up.”

However, Platini went on to say it will not be his decision to make alone.

“This will be for the Uefa Executive Committee to decide. You’ll know the outcome at the end of June.”

The latest revelations come after a recent Uefa meeting with the European Club Association, which represents many of the biggest clubs across the continent who are most effected by the FFP controls.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/755/europe/ ... x-ffp-laws

Possibly translated as the rags might be in danger of breaching it, so we will change the rules to benefit them?

what a fucking cunt
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:The president of the European governing body has admitted that changes are afoot, with clubs set to be cut more slack

Uefa could be set to relax its Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, with president Michel Platini admitting a decision will be made in June.

The rules, which were first implemented in 2011, forbid clubs from spending beyond their means, with significant fines, squad limits and suspensions enforced across the Champions League and Europa League for those guilty of breaching the designated guidelines.

But the Uefa chief has told RTL that Europe’s governing body has agreed to review the agreed boundaries and could well decide to allow a relaxation of the financial controls.

“I think the regulations that have been made are fine, but FFP was voted in by the clubs,” Platini explained.

“The French press have questioned it since Roman Abramovich at Chelsea can buy players while in France they cannot.

“Today in France they want another system, but if Qatar [owners of Paris Saint-Germain] had bought AC Milan they would want stricter enforcement. As it is, the Italians also say they want a lighter FFP.

“I understand that we are in a world of false bottoms, but we say this openly. I think we’ll lighten things up.”

“This will be for the Uefa Executive Committee to decide. You’ll know the outcome at the end of June.”

The latest revelations come after a recent Uefa meeting with the European Club Association, which represents many of the biggest clubs across the continent who are most effected by the FFP controls.

Possibly translated as the rags might be in danger of breaching it, so we will change the rules to benefit them?

what a fucking cunt

he's honestly one of my most despised public figures around, regardless of sports, politics, entertainment, etc...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 18, 2015 3:51 pm

So do the Emiratis and Qataris get their £40m back
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 18, 2015 3:53 pm

What a surprise that the Italians want it relaxed now they are out of the club and skint.
It makes both Milan clubs attractive to buy I would suggest.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Mon May 18, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 18, 2015 3:55 pm

I think mcfc should vote to enforce FFP!!!!.the wankers have already cost us this years Title..might as well force the fuckign issue now we have been there seen it and done it !!!!

Time for other clubs to go through what we have been through.......
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:What a surprise that the Italians want it relaxed now they are out of the club and skint.
It makes both Milan clubs attractive to buy I would suggest.

I think AC have been taken over recently by a wealthy foreigner, but they are struggling to make up ground.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

what a fucking cunt

he's honestly one of my most despised public figures around, regardless of sports, politics, entertainment, etc...

cheers

Who would you prefer, him or Hitler?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 18, 2015 4:23 pm

I thought Berlusconi was still the man at Milan
Inter were bought out a couple of years ago, but presumably still hard up.
Both very marketable names I would have thought.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 18, 2015 4:30 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

what a fucking cunt

cheers

Who would you prefer, him or Hitler?

i would do him up the arse while he ate Hitler's spunk.

FACT.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Well well, changing the rules to suit their mates.
Who'd have thought it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby blues2win » Mon May 18, 2015 5:44 pm

You're missing the point. These rule changes will really help us because owner investments will be treated differently to loans. It's great news caused by fear of loss in the Courts.
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 18, 2015 5:50 pm

blues2win wrote:You're missing the point. These rule changes will really help us because owner investments will be treated differently to loans. It's great news caused by fear of loss in the Courts.

Yep, the rags, dippers and gooners gonna be seriously pissed off. Not to mention the odious one.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wooders » Mon May 18, 2015 5:55 pm

So we can say to real and juve to name your price for bale and pogba and just say "meh, it's investment"?
They won't let us do that will they?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 18, 2015 6:15 pm

blues2win wrote:You're missing the point. These rule changes will really help us because owner investments will be treated differently to loans. It's great news caused by fear of loss in the Courts.

The point is that the rules are changed to suit.
Everyone who looked at FFP objectively knew it was untenable, but it's now served it's purpose in restricting our progress, while allowing the rags to spend their way out of the shit.
Now that it suits platini and his mates, they are going to change it again. Whether it benefits us or not is irrelevant. We should get our money back and an apology.
It's like being convicted for a crime and locked up, then a year later after you're released, the government say that they made a mistake, and what you've just spent a year inside for isn't really a crime at all. But they are not going to compensate you.
I agree with Carl, we should press for inforcement.

Cunts
Last edited by patrickblue on Mon May 18, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 18, 2015 6:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:

The point is that the rules are changed to suit.
Everyone who looked at FFP objectively knew it was untenable, but it's now served it's purpose in restricting our progress, while allowing the rags to spend their way out of the shit.
Now that it suits platini and his mates, they are going to change it again. Wheter it benefits us or not is irrelevant. We should get our money back and an apology.
It's like being convicted for a crime and locked up, then a year later after you're released, the government say that they made a mistake, and what you've just spent a year inside for isn't really a crime at all. But they are not going to compensate you.
I agree with Carl, we should press for inforcement.

Cunts

That's it exactly.

I asked the question before on here; how much would it be worth to a major company, to seriously handicap its biggest competitor for two years ? Imagine Apple fucking up Microsoft's expansion for two years & going fucking apeshit themselves to cash in ? The rags and Arsenal have gone fucking mental spending, just coincidentally at exactly the moment City are gearing up for ffp. Chelsea get Hazard etc. I doubt they ever believed it would be around forever, but its done its fucking job. They have gained a quite ridiculous advantage out of this.

Now we have to hope they don't put a special City clause in there , of course we have the Premier League one to get through. But that becomes less likely to survive a legal challenge now.

This is just a staggering level of corruption. We should have fucked it off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Mon May 18, 2015 7:01 pm

We don't know what will happen yet but it's always been obvious that FFP is a blatant restraint of trade so any change will have to move significantly in our direction in order to avoid defeat in the court. Given a free hand I don't know how much the Sheikh would want to spend in the transfer market this window but it looks like we'll be far more competitive than seemed possible for the likes of Pogba, Bale and De Bruyne. Personally I'm very pleased. This squad needs refreshing.
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:17 pm

So in a nutshell UEFA have got wind the court case isn't going too well .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 pm

I wonder if any other English clubs suddenly become the subject of takeover in similar circumstance to our own. Especially Newcastle, but Villa and Everton could have potential.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Mon May 18, 2015 7:43 pm

City64 wrote:So in a nutshell UEFA have got wind the court case isn't going too well .......

There is a strong possibility their legal team has expressed concern that their case isn't watertight and they have entered damage limitation mode
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 18, 2015 7:51 pm

City64 wrote:So in a nutshell UEFA have got wind the court case isn't going too well .......

Case(s). Not only that, but QPR are set to challenge our national FFP this summer and I reckon this has contributed to it somewhat.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum