FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:03 am

I wonder how our custodians are feeling about UEFA fining us but then adopting our approach to accelerated buying?

You really couldn't make that shit up, could you.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:25 am

Definitely glad I'm not on the CL scheme now and if this story turns out to be true, I'd suggest everyone boycotts the thing. Why be so desperate to win a corrupt competition?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:15 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Definitely glad I'm not on the CL scheme now and if this story turns out to be true, I'd suggest everyone boycotts the thing. Why be so desperate to win a corrupt competition?

To rub their little piggy noses in it
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Definitely glad I'm not on the CL scheme now and if this story turns out to be true, I'd suggest everyone boycotts the thing. Why be so desperate to win a corrupt competition?

Third year in a row i've not been in the scheme.

Fuck em,hate em,stinks to high heaven all this the corrupt cunts.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 am

I think we've had our year off because of this shit, & it will no longer effect us.

But in a way, that's beside the point. I can't believe for one second that UEFA expect their ruling about City & PSG being inelligible to apply for an ffp 'relaxation' would stand up in court.

But let's say it meant that either club had to drastically alter transfer plans because of it. Then by the time the court case is heard, which might take a year, City would have missed out on all the transfer targets, & all the other clubs who applied for a 'waiver' can all spend money & attempt to get closer to, or move ahead of, City/PSG.

So even when we win the court case (they would just drop it anyway, just before it reached court) the damage is done.

I don't think this will impact us at all, but the fact they are trying to do so, is so obviously corrupt that 'something' should be done about it.

Surely there is some department of the EU or some fucking criminal body somewhere, who's job it is, to deal with shit like this ?

It's so obvious what is going on, surely just the attempt is breaking some kind of huge rule of ethics, even if it doesn't work ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think we've had our year off because of this shit, & it will no longer effect us.

But in a way, that's beside the point. I can't believe for one second that UEFA expect their ruling about City & PSG being inelligible to apply for an ffp 'relaxation' would stand up in court.

But let's say it meant that either club had to drastically alter transfer plans because of it. Then by the time the court case is heard, which might take a year, City would have missed out on all the transfer targets, & all the other clubs who applied for a 'waiver' can all spend money & attempt to get closer to, or move ahead of, City/PSG.

So even when we win the court case (they would just drop it anyway, just before it reached court) the damage is done.

I don't think this will impact us at all, but the fact they are trying to do so, is so obviously corrupt that 'something' should be done about it.

Surely there is some department of the EU or some fucking criminal body somewhere, who's job it is, to deal with shit like this ?

It's so obvious what is going on, surely just the attempt is breaking some kind of huge rule of ethics, even if it doesn't work ?

I think in his reply, Dupont has kind of intimated as much. He seems to be saying that UEFA have played the time wasting game all along and are doing the same now, as a way of further discriminating against those under punishment at the moment.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:12 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I think we've had our year off because of this shit, & it will no longer effect us.

I think in his reply, Dupont has kind of intimated as much. He seems to be saying that UEFA have played the time wasting game all along and are doing the same now, as a way of further discriminating against those under punishment at the moment.

The timing is a worry for me, The CLUB HAVE TO GET THE SIGNING DONE which will mean we are not bothered. If we don't then you can call Houston....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:48 am

Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

The timing is a worry for me, The CLUB HAVE TO GET THE SIGNING DONE which will mean we are not bothered. If we don't then you can call Houston....

I have a cunning plan and its guaranteed to work as its tried and tested at the highest level.

Use a single computer called "the transfer completion laptop" to complete ll deals and then wipe it! It worked for Russia and they are still hosting the World Cup! Kerching
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm

So Negredo moves today, and Nastasic. OS:

Today also sees Alvaro Negredo, Matija Nastasic and Scott Sinclair’s loan deals become permanent moves to Valencia, Schalke and Aston Villa respectively

There's 30M to start with!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I have a cunning plan and its guaranteed to work as its tried and tested at the highest level.

Use a single computer called "the transfer completion laptop" to complete ll deals and then wipe it! It worked for Russia and they are still hosting the World Cup! Kerching

That s it, OR we could also adopt the Barca Model, Ok Michel,, we can see you will have to slap our wrist, Lets us sack "El Presibenti" he is a GONE JUST SAY THE WORD & BOOF ! we carry on AMIGO.... You hug us all the Champions League Final.. Bobito is your Uncle. The 40 million THAT WENT OVERSEAS isa fine we will stick Unicef on the shirt and is all cool OK ......PLAY A GAME FOR YOU ANYTHING. We ignore the TRANSFER ban NO ... YES NO. WE IGNORE IT .. Gracia....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Per L'Equipe, UEFA's main FFP sanctions against PSG have been removed. French champions can now recruit players without restriction.

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status ... 9010492416
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:55 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Per L'Equipe, UEFA's main FFP sanctions against PSG have been removed. French champions can now recruit players without restriction.

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status ... 9010492416

its not a concrete source, but it certainly puts the cat amongst the pigeons
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Why do they know before us? Weren't they quite a bit naughtier?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Wooders wrote:Why do they know before us? Weren't they quite a bit naughtier?

i'm so fucking over this shit.

Apparently, we're pretty bad actors with the...yknow...debt-free investment, and building a squad to compete and win the league 2x and stuff. Really horrible stuff if you ask me. You'd have to be a City fan to enjoy it really. No one else cares. Oh except billions of neutrals everywhere who love the game, and legit competition.

Dicks.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Qatar are funding quite a lot of France's stadium redevelopments for next year's Euros. Remember this.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Dignified silence.

The fucking pricks.

Now, watch and see what a real plan is all about.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:13 pm

I think all this may be a storm in a tea cup. 3 weeks ago there was a rumour in France that City and PSG may not be clear of restrictions. I don't think there was any proper source. The journos jumped on it.
MEN reported last week that we had a victory over FFP and earlier this week they stated our spending plans may be in jeopardy because of FFP. Some contradiction. Today the MEN are saying Khaldoon would not have made his statements about spending big if City were not clear of FFP restrictions. He's far too professional for that. Another contradiction (or just shit journalism). They don't have a clue.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:42 pm

I don't believe we are still under restrictions as regards the ffp punishment. We have fulfilled our part of the agreement. City have no reason to tell anybody about it though.

But a multitude of sources are reporting that most other clubs will be eligible to apply for a 'relaxation' of ffp, so they can overspend for several years, but that City won't be allowed to apply.

Even if City don't want to apply, this is still some cunts attempting to stitch us up.

You can't find someone guilty of a crime, punish them, have the punishment end, then suddenly go 'oh by the way, we have decided to punish you some more'.

It's completely utterly obviously bent as fuck & something should be done about the people who have sanctioned it. They should not be allowed to carry on in the organisation. It's not even hidden. This is FIFA level stuff; it's corruption.

Unless of course the whole thing is bollocks & UEFA haven't said that at all. But it's being reported as true by many sources, & unless we have already done a backscratching deal where we have agreed to it in order to get other allowances, it should be investigated.

This is criminal activity imo. You just can't do shit like that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:52 am

'Some cunt' must be David Gill
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:08 am

john@staustell wrote:So Negredo moves today, and Nastasic. OS:

Today also sees Alvaro Negredo, Matija Nastasic and Scott Sinclair’s loan deals become permanent moves to Valencia, Schalke and Aston Villa respectively

There's 30M to start with!

Were getting just shy of 4 millions for Rekik.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum