FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:15 pm

MEN running the line that the new flexibility won't apply to ourselves or PSG because of our infringement of existing rules. Also running the bullshit that the existing suspended part of the punishment is an issue now which it clearly isn't. On the first point I would wish the MEN would speak to the Club. If we're so fucked by FFP how come we're making very aggressive bids for Pogba and Sterling and may yet do for de Bruyne.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:18 pm

blues2win wrote:MEN running the line that the new flexibility won't apply to ourselves or PSG because of our infringement of existing rules. Also running the bullshit that the existing suspended part of the punishment is an issue now which it clearly isn't. On the first point I would wish the MEN would speak to the Club. If we're so fucked by FFP how come we're making very aggressive bids for Pogba and Sterling and may yet do for de Bruyne.

Here it is:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ng-9556532?
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm

I see that the litigants in the FFP case are saying that those currently punished won't benefit immediately from the new flexibility. They reserve the right to inject this point into the legal proceedings. I hope the Club will urge informally that this is done. It's time we showed fight against UEFA.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:39 pm

This is why we should never have fucling settled - UEFA are using it against us now. Unleash the hounds it's time to get serious.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 pm

CAN WE RE-SIGN MICAH
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:This is why we should never have fucling settled - UEFA are using it against us now. Unleash the hounds it's time to get serious.

Absolutely.

This discriminatory farce has run now for far too long and UEFA are becoming indistinguishable from FIFA in the way they 'run the show' and go about their evil 'business' arrangements.

Condign retribution needs to fall down upon the Fat Frenchman's head and his band of corrupt cohorts, acolytes and supporters. We need to start rocking the boat immediately and, to paraphrase Admiral Sir John Fisher's historical dictum, 'kick first, kick hard and keep kicking'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:51 pm

The sponsors didn't want City to get involved in a huge legal battle.

City 'took the pinch'. They won't be taking more.

I don't believe Stuart Brennan has any idea what City's position is & am very disappointed in this piece. It's more James Robson type material.

If I'm wrong in the long run I will apologise, but I don't think he has the slightest idea.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:34 pm

I very much doubt that the current transfer targets we are being linked with were selected on the basis that the rules were being relaxed; I think they were planned long before UEFA raised that prospects and are based on compliance with the existing rules. Therefore I don't think that not being party to the relaxation will affect our plans significantly, even though it is manifestly unjust and we should contest it on principle.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

These new changes should be taken as they're given, a piss take of ours and clubs like us.

UEFA have to contest it to keep it relevant under current changes, but do they think they can win?

Just look at the person who first ruled on this, the very same person who cozied up to UEFA in the first place. And he found it lawful!

Anything to slow the process down, to allow the bug clubs to adjust. So much for fair play!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I very much doubt that the current transfer targets we are being linked with were selected on the basis that the rules were being relaxed; I think they were planned long before UEFA raised that prospects and are based on compliance with the existing rules. Therefore I don't think that not being party to the relaxation will affect our plans significantly, even though it is manifestly unjust and we should contest it on principle.

I think you are right, whether we get them or not.

But there is the question of when the various restrictions actually end, & whether we have to sell, to finance all 3 of our targets rather than one or two.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:19 pm

being stitched up by this FFP bollox is the only giant misstep that Khaldoon has made. Can't believe we're still talking about such a blatantly illegal, and anticompetitive set of conditions which obviously violate the most basic elements of free and competitive trade.

i could see us "winning" this in 3 years time and forcing UEFA to pay us a billion dollars, but by then i'll be fucking done with this game at this rate. No other sport in the world, outside the NFL, which is 1000% mafia run by owners, can get away with something like this.

We should be fucking them off left right and center and going ISIS on their asses. Drown some cunts. Some beheadings. RPGs. Etc. I'm slightly annoyed by this it seems.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:20 pm

It just seems like such a snide move to keep the rules for those that are perceived to have broken them - a indication of the level of imbecile Uefa have in charge
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I very much doubt that the current transfer targets we are being linked with were selected on the basis that the rules were being relaxed; I think they were planned long before UEFA raised that prospects and are based on compliance with the existing rules. Therefore I don't think that not being party to the relaxation will affect our plans significantly, even though it is manifestly unjust and we should contest it on principle.

But there is the question of when the various restrictions actually end, & whether we have to sell, to finance all 3 of our targets rather than one or two.

We can probably spend £200 million (amortized) in this window, no sweat.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:27 pm

also, this FFP shit is inherently racist trash. Do you think they'd be doing this if some fat, balding English cunt was spending a billion on Liverpool, Newcastle or West Ham? Would they fuck.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:54 pm

So if the Sheikh bought us now he could spend loads of cash, but he cant if he's been an owner for years & already been through FFP??? Presume Inter benefit from this change in rules?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Don't forget the wage bill.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Dunnylad wrote:So if the Sheikh bought us now he could spend loads of cash, but he cant if he's been an owner for years & already been through FFP??? Presume Inter benefit from this change in rules?

And of course Berlusconi, if he wants to sell or bring in investment.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Bizarre article from the MEN imho , maybe our spending power is pissing a few rag cunts who work there off a tad ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

We get an extra £30+ million in Europe from next season, much more if we go deep into the competition. £40+ million extra from domestic TV deal. Added revenue from the stadium and more sponsors and increased revenue from sponsorship on top of that. We have no debt and are now making a profit. That's £100+ million a season extra from this coming season, minimum. Amortized, that's 4 players that cost £50 million each over 4 years and their wages at £10 million per year each, plus seriously good bonuses.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

We get an extra £30+ million in Europe from next season, much more if we go deep into the competition. £40+ million extra from domestic TV deal. Added revenue from the stadium and more sponsors and increased revenue from sponsorship on top of that. We have no debt and are now making a profit. That's £100+ million a season extra from this coming season, minimum. Amortized, that's 4 players that cost £50 million each over 4 years and their wages at £10 million per year each, plus seriously good bonuses.

Yeah but we're not going to drop 2 players on 100k pw, & pay them to go shopping.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum