Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Trouble is if his ankle needs a rest he won't get much with the Euros especially if we come fourth and the squad has to come back early for the CL qualifying round.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby linwood » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Wow, read this forum all the but very rarely Comment. So silva is the problem, unbelievable, played in the wrong position, yes.

The problem with the team is the lack of effort. If we match any team with work rate we will more than likely beat them.

Singling out Silva is madness, who could replace him? Put him back in the midfield and get him out of this poxy second striker role. He's not a goal scorer and creates more and helps the team playing deeper.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:31 pm

linwood wrote:Wow, read this forum all the but very rarely Comment. So silva is the problem, unbelievable, played in the wrong position, yes.

The problem with the team is the lack of effort. If we match any team with work rate we will more than likely beat them.

Singling out Silva is madness, who could replace him? Put him back in the midfield and get him out of this poxy second striker role. He's not a goal scorer and creates more and helps the team playing deeper.

Well keep not commenting then.
Silva isn't THE problem. He's A problem.

Few aren't these days.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:38 am

linwood wrote:Singling out Silva is madness, who could replace him?

Isco.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:07 pm

You bunch of cunts, if we get rid of Silva I'm going postal on you all.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:12 pm

phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:He needs a long rest for his ankle. Anyone suspecting that his performances are based on anything else are grasping at straws.

good thing he'll have the summer off...

As crazy as this sounds, dropping out of CL next round and/or finding that we can't win the title with a few weeks left might be good for him and us over the long term.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Dameerto wrote:You bunch of cunts, if we get rid of Silva I'm going postal on you all.

I am with you, but I think Silva may be on the Pep chopping block.

He's my boy so I really don't want to see him go, but it's possible.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Slim wrote:
Dameerto wrote:You bunch of cunts, if we get rid of Silva I'm going postal on you all.

I am with you, but I think Silva may be on the Pep chopping block.

He's my boy so I really don't want to see him go, but it's possible.

If he goes I'll slit Pep's throat. Best city player in my lifetime
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:50 pm

As I see it, Siva gets kicked game after game and is carrying an injuered ankle. He needs a long rehabilitation to get back to something like fitness. Had Nasri and De Bruyne not been injured the situation might be eased.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby littlebig » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Crazy talk to get rid of Silva. Surely one of the very best ever to play for City
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:16 am

littlebig wrote:Crazy talk to get rid of Silva. Surely one of the very best ever to play for City

So we should keep him til just when exactly, based on history?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:12 am

I think he'll thrive under pep. He fit fine for Spain with most of peps barca squad. No issue for me.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:10 am

First Yaya gets royally slagged and then the full madness of wanting Big Dave gone.
Fucking Crackers.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:49 am

To be fair, I don't imagine anyone wants Silva to leave. I think it's more of a case of are his best days behind him.

Will he fit into Peps system, whatever that may be
Is his injury the start of a downward spiral, ankle problems rarely get back to pre injury strength
His strength is not tracking back or pressing, something which Peps sides are required to do
Age is not his friend

Just a few reasons of why the club may decide to cash in on his value now to source a replacement, if that is not already in situ with KDB.

Of course, there are also reasons for him to stay. The fact he has been one of our best ever players is not a reason in my book. If he is going to remain as one of our best players with suitable replacements not found then that is reason alone to keep him. You are only as good as your last game/month/season as they say. For a number of reasons he has not been as mercurial as previously, thus the debate on whether he should stay or go.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
littlebig wrote:Crazy talk to get rid of Silva. Surely one of the very best ever to play for City

So we should keep him til just when exactly, based on history?

Colin Bell was so good, they named a stand after him. Still can't get a game though.

I really hope this has been an injury blip for Silva, made worse by injuries to Nasri and De Bruyne meaning we didn't have an alternative. I'd love to see him pulling the strings next season and I hope he's back to his best, but we can either be winners or sentimental. No one's ever been both.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:21 am

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:27 am

I was smashed on here for stating the Silva was sellable at the right price. How the worm turns.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:30 am

dazby wrote:I was smashed on here for stating the Silva was sellable at the right price. How the worm turns.

Yeh , you said that when we bought him.

Cabbage.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 am

On my twitter timeline someone stated that they saw Dave's ankle after the COC Final and they were amazed he could walk let alone play football.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:To be fair, I don't imagine anyone wants Silva to leave. I think it's more of a case of are his best days behind him.

Will he fit into Peps system, whatever that may be
Is his injury the start of a downward spiral, ankle problems rarely get back to pre injury strength
His strength is not tracking back or pressing, something which Peps sides are required to do
Age is not his friend

Just a few reasons of why the club may decide to cash in on his value now to source a replacement, if that is not already in situ with KDB.

Of course, there are also reasons for him to stay. The fact he has been one of our best ever players is not a reason in my book. If he is going to remain as one of our best players with suitable replacements not found then that is reason alone to keep him. You are only as good as your last game/month/season as they say. For a number of reasons he has not been as mercurial as previously, thus the debate on whether he should stay or go.

that's it.

Look if he will stick around knowing he isn't first choice, which i don't believe he will be under Pep, then fantastic. Club legend, as i said.

But you cannot deny that 6 years of a couple ankle injuries every season (and ffs is it always the same ankle? Serious question) are taking their toll.

I'm sure that this season he will end up playing the fewest matches for us yet.

And BTW whomever mentioned "Silva fit fine in Spain's team which was chock full of Pep's team"...it's fucking 2016 now. Get with the times, yo. Been a couple years since Spain was their indestructible selves that brought them all those titles on the trot. Sure, they'll be a presence, but it's not the same. And don't get me started about their Euros group performances. They dicked some minnows. Whatever. Honestly, England might beat them. No shit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum