Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby Socrates » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:30 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Club legend, poor for a while. Hopefully fully up to speed next season.

Club legend, but needs to be fucked off this summer. No sentimentality. He needs to go. It's a fact. He's past it for what we need. I'm sorry to say, and it's painful to say, but he's been extremely average for 18 months really.

cheers

Doomie I get the sentiment of what you are saying, but it's statements like ;
Club Legend, but needs to be fucked off.....

I just stop reading.
Regardless of whether any of them should go or not, if it's 'Club Legend', then it's also 'deserving of our respect and his dignity.'

We all hurt after performances like last night, but I'd like to think when the dust settles that we can all still have a bit of integrity, which was the term for the weekend, but gets forgotten quickly.

I'd rather fuck off Doomy than Merlin, hope that helps.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:49 pm

I don't think he needs fucking off, like Yaya we've become too reliant on him.

All this stems from the severe lack of youth being promoted through the ranks imo, the squad depth is really lacking.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:00 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I don't think he needs fucking off, like Yaya we've become too reliant on him.

All this stems from the severe lack of youth being promoted through the ranks imo, the squad depth is really lacking.

Yeah, but who of the new members could do what Doomie does.
I think we should let others start the threads and after 11 or 12 pages bring Doomie in on it to finish them off.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I don't think he needs fucking off, like Yaya we've become too reliant on him.

I think we should let others start the threads and after 11 or 12 pages bring Doomie in on it to finish them off.

Maybe, but he's a big name player. Not sure his ego will manage this bit part role.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby edge275 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:18 pm

I agree With Mike Doomie sentimentality has to go out of the window. Silva is really only going to go downhill from here. He's pushing 30, and I'm not entirely sure he's a Guardiola kind of player.

Bin him off along with that cunt Pellegrini.

"General managers have few rules of thumb to guide them as they wheel and deal, but one they can cite comes from Branch Rickey, who said, “It is better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late.”"

Let's not make the same mistake we did with Toure.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Maybe, but he's a big name player. Not sure his ego will manage this bit part role.

Fcuk it. Get him a cake. He'll be grand.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:36 pm

edge275 wrote:I agree With Mike Doomie sentimentality has to go out of the window. Silva is really only going to go downhill from here. He's pushing 30, and I'm not entirely sure he's a Guardiola kind of player.

"General managers have few rules of thumb to guide them as they wheel and deal, but one they can cite comes from Branch Rickey, who said, “It is better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late.”"

Are you Doomie's agent?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:18 am

edge275 wrote:I agree With Mike Doomie sentimentality has to go out of the window. Silva is really only going to go downhill from here. He's pushing 30, and I'm not entirely sure he's a Guardiola kind of player.

Silva has been poor for a very long time now, although back to the Manicni days, he did show the work rate required and got stuck in and pressed in exactly the way pep would expect.

I'm really conflicted as to whether it's just Pellegrini who has fucked Silva and Toure up, or whether they are genuinely in need of being moved on. It seems possible the top brass are also conflicted, as commercially it would have made sense to sell both this summer or the summer before whilst they still had value. The fact that they are still here and Pellegrini is leaving suggests that they want to see how a new manager does with a few of the players before making the big calls.

Alternatively, it suggests the club need to get better at trusting sports science to identify if a player is in decline, and moving them on before anyone spots the decline to maximise value.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Silva has been poor for a very long time now, although back to the Manicni days, he did show the work rate required and got stuck in and pressed in exactly the way pep would expect.

I'm really conflicted as to whether it's just Pellegrini who has fucked Silva and Toure up, or whether they are genuinely in need of being moved on. It seems possible the top brass are also conflicted, as commercially it would have made sense to sell both this summer or the summer before whilst they still had value. The fact that they are still here and Pellegrini is leaving suggests that they want to see how a new manager does with a few of the players before making the big calls.

Alternatively, it suggests the club need to get better at trusting sports science to identify if a player is in decline, and moving them on before anyone spots the decline to maximise value.

The tempo Teams like Stoke, Spurs Dippers West H. set would suggest they go after us for a reason ! The Foxes had zero respect for us, In the biggest game they have ever had they battered us at our place 1-3 WAS GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Over two games V Spurs 6-2 v the dippers in the League 6-2 The club must be looking at this with a fuck me thought.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:50 am

He needs a long rest for his ankle. Anyone suspecting that his performances are based on anything else are grasping at straws.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

this is exactly why he needs to go...he is fantastic and amazing and needs a chance to show that somewhere else because he's just barely past what we need.

Look, if he wants to sit on the bench and play a bit part role or every 4 matches come in and give us a cameo that shows us who he was at his apex, then fair fucks...but i seriously doubt he will feel like his tank is really that empty.

He can be sold back to Spain for 20M given who he still is and what he's accomplished.

You have to be dispassionate about the end when it comes with these guys...there are no passengers.

If we followed the logic of some of you cunts we'd have a squad stuffed with 8 players on 150K a week, half of whom have done fuckall to merit their place in a squad let alone as starters.

You can't keep Pablo, Vinnie, Silva, Yaya, Hart, Aleks, Clichy, etc around forever just because of who they used to be or what they did those special moments we will all cherish.They will all move on at some point. And you'll hate this concept even more, but if we learned anything from Baconface it's that you have to be strong enough to say "fuck off" instead of "just one more year" to keep things fresh and take the risk that *maybe* they still have a bit left, but it's a risk you can't take.

Look, we fucked off Nigel and i loved the guy but it was the right decision. Same for Lescott, who i would argue was the backbone of our defense despite what Carl thinks. And Barry has still looked good in spots for Everton...the guy is a great footballer and we've missed a lot of what he has in his locker at times this season. But all those players weren't up to snuff at the level we need. It's a hard, cold fact.

Silva is in the precarious place where he still has value, and his performances have been largely average to above average for a long time, have they not?

Bunch of precious cunts around here sometimes. I "get" that my salacious commentary on the topic touches a nerve, but it needs to be said because we need some serious pruning this summer if we want some roses growing next spring.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

this is exactly why he needs to go...he is fantastic and amazing and needs a chance to show that somewhere else because he's just barely past what we need.

Look, if he wants to sit on the bench and play a bit part role or every 4 matches come in and give us a cameo that shows us who he was at his apex, then fair fucks...but i seriously doubt he will feel like his tank is really that empty.

He can be sold back to Spain for 20M given who he still is and what he's accomplished.

You have to be dispassionate about the end when it comes with these guys...there are no passengers.

If we followed the logic of some of you cunts we'd have a squad stuffed with 8 players on 150K a week, half of whom have done fuckall to merit their place in a squad let alone as starters.

You can't keep Pablo, Vinnie, Silva, Yaya, Hart, Aleks, Clichy, etc around forever just because of who they used to be or what they did those special moments we will all cherish.They will all move on at some point. And you'll hate this concept even more, but if we learned anything from Baconface it's that you have to be strong enough to say "fuck off" instead of "just one more year" to keep things fresh and take the risk that *maybe* they still have a bit left, but it's a risk you can't take.

Look, we fucked off Nigel and i loved the guy but it was the right decision. Same for Lescott, who i would argue was the backbone of our defense despite what Carl thinks. And Barry has still looked good in spots for Everton...the guy is a great footballer and we've missed a lot of what he has in his locker at times this season. But all those players weren't up to snuff at the level we need. It's a hard, cold fact.

Silva is in the precarious place where he still has value, and his performances have been largely average to above average for a long time, have they not?

Bunch of precious cunts around here sometimes. I "get" that my salacious commentary on the topic touches a nerve, but it needs to be said because we need some serious pruning this summer if we want some roses growing next spring.

cheers

Barry and De Jong have never been replaced our lack of MF control is highlighted every game the wide open spaces through the middle defy logic and Pellers ignores it. Both players knew how to stop a Counter attack one way or the other. We lack nous as much as anything with this squad.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

cheers

Good post Doomy. I toally agree. We should have started our rebuild much sooner by letting players just past their peak go. Squad regeneration has to be a conveyor belt sort of thing. You can't just do a whole-sale clear out and buy a whole new one every five years.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

cheers

Barry and De Jong have never been replaced our lack of MF control is highlighted every game the wide open spaces through the middle defy logic and Pellers ignores it. Both players knew how to stop a Counter attack one way or the other. We lack nous as much as anything with this squad.

we agree on all those points....Fern2 isn't Barry tho he in spells has been exactly what Barry lacked, but he doesn't have that "invisible hand" move that Barry did when he would just fucking almost teleport his slow ass into exactly the spot he needed to be in. Loved that shit. And Little Fernando can't keep hauling around this Ivorian giant on his back and hope to fuck he doesn't get dicked. Because it isn't working.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Pre season and the beginning of this he was playing like a proper world class player - the best he has turned in in a City shirt.

He got nobbled playing for Spain (he was getting lauded as their best player at the time - remember that assist) and has been absolutely dog shit since he came back.

I suspect he isn't fully fit and has been rushed - although he showed signs in Kiev of working hard and even putting tackles in.

The years and years of getting booted for 90 minutes are effecting him but he is far from past it at 30!!!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:06 pm

And doomie - Nigel fucked us off by refusing to sign a contract
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Pre season and the beginning of this he was playing like a proper world class player - the best he has turned in in a City shirt.

He got nobbled playing for Spain (he was getting lauded as their best player at the time - remember that assist) and has been absolutely dog shit since he came back.

I suspect he isn't fully fit and has been rushed - although he showed signs in Kiev of working hard and even putting tackles in.

The years and years of getting booted for 90 minutes are effecting him but he is far from past it at 30!!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'd like him to miss the summer tournament to have his ankle sorted out, but maybe that's not how he sees it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Scatman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:Pre season and the beginning of this he was playing like a proper world class player - the best he has turned in in a City shirt.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'd like him to miss the summer tournament to have his ankle sorted out, but maybe that's not how he sees it.

Should it be the case that a player can get kicked on the ankle and then this be allowed/not prevented from basically making him crap for the rest of the season?

Who is to blame here?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby phips » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:26 pm

PrezIke wrote:He needs a long rest for his ankle. Anyone suspecting that his performances are based on anything else are grasping at straws.

good thing he'll have the summer off...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:26 pm

I think he's carrying an injury. One more season for me.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum