Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:08 pm

City64 wrote:Jovetic has been a total waste of space to put it mildly ......... sick note and soft cunt !

He makes Roque Santa Cruz look like an 'iron man'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Jovetic has been a total waste of space to put it mildly ......... sick note and soft cunt !

He makes Roque Santa Cruz look like an 'iron man'.

Lol .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:43 pm

What a top, top, TOP man we have!

MANCHESTER -- Manchester City youngster Manu Garcia has revealed how David Silva gave him his Capital One Cup winners' medal.

Garcia, who made his first start for the club in the FA Cup defeat to Chelsea in February, travelled to Wembley with the first team but was the outfield player to miss out on being part of Pellegrini's 18-man squad, meaning he missed out on a medal.

After celebrating the penalty shootout victory over Liverpool on the pitch with his teammates, Garcia joined the first team in the winning dressing room where Silva handed him his own winners' medal.

Garcia told reporters: "He asked me if they gave me one and I said 'no' and he immediately took his off and gave it me. So that was amazing.

"He's really good with me, he's always trying to give me advice and he was really happy for me to do well against Chelsea. I'm just thankful for him."

Garcia made his first appearance for City in the League Cup as a late substitute in the third round win over Sunderland and scored in the 5-1 fourth-round victory over Crystal Palace. And he admitted he was thrilled to be invited to join in the postmatch celebrations at Wembley.

He said: "It was a bit crazy. I was with the squad, I didn't get selected. I was in the stands watching the game then I went onto the pitch to celebrate and stuff. It was unbelievable. My first time at Wembley. I loved the atmosphere, I loved the final, the way everyone shows their interest for the football is amazing and obviously to win and be around the team was great.

"I'm a bit shy obviously because I haven't played a lot for them. I train with them most of the time. I was singing with them a bit -- I'm a bit shy but they were trying to get me involved. They were class, absolutely class."

Manu Garcia started for Man City in the FA Cup defeat to Chelsea but did not get into the squad for the Capital One Cup final.
It capped a memorable eight days for Garcia. He made his full debut at Stamford Bridge on Feb. 24, and 24 hours later he travelled with the first team to Ukraine for the Champions League first-leg tie with Dynamo Kiev.

Garcia was one of six teenagers to start in the 5-1 defeat to Chelsea and said it was a thrill to be handed his debut and to play against his hero Cesc Fabregas.

"It was a great experience. We couldn't believe in the first half -- it was a bit mad [when it was] 1-1 at half-time," he added. "We tried to do our best and I think we did quite well all the youngsters. And I'm just thankful as well to Manuel Pellegrini to put us on -- it was an amazing experience.

"It was crazy to walk out with Cesc and shake hands with him -- it is something I've been dreaming about since I was five or six years old. I've seen Cesc playing World Cup finals and he's a big idol for me obviously."

The youngster admits his first-team opportunities could be restricted until the end of the season with players returning to full fitness but he insists he will be ready if City boss Pellegrini gives him the call again.

"It's going to be harder now because all the players are getting back fit because the club needs to win cups and needs to have all the best players in the team," he said. "But I keep looking forward to being around them as much as possible and playing for the under-18s and EDS [Elite Development Squad] as much as possible."
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Ab fab gesture by big Dave , and like Vinny comiserating with the scousers , it speaks volumes about the guy , and also , importantly about the "squad culture" at city, which sounds really strong & healthy.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm

He wont be appreciated fully until he is gone, and missed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:01 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:Ab fab gesture by big Dave , and like Vinny comiserating with the scousers , it speaks volumes about the guy , and also , importantly about the "squad culture" at city, which sounds really strong & healthy.

Nah, they didn't celebrate with Kelechi, definitely something amiss.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Ab fab gesture by big Dave , and like Vinny comiserating with the scousers , it speaks volumes about the guy , and also , importantly about the "squad culture" at city, which sounds really strong & healthy.

Nah, they didn't celebrate with Kelechi, definitely something amiss.

Ha Ha, Thiery Henry is a wanker, FACT...........

“I don’t celebrate too much because I think I have to focus on the game to concentrate and work hard so you can get more goals in the game,” Iheanacho said.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:26 pm

In all honesty, I think he will go either this summer or next. Sublime on his day but nowhere near his best this season and at thirty his star is waning.

Yes he has been fantastic and one of our best ever players, but there is no room for sentimentality in football at the top level. KDB will take over. Controversial I know but he just isn't Merlin any more and that makes me sad
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:In all honesty, I think he will go either this summer or next. Sublime on his day but nowhere near his best this season and at thirty his star is waning.

Yes he has been fantastic and one of our best ever players, but there is no room for sentimentality in football at the top level. KDB will take over. Controversial I know but he just isn't Merlin any more and that makes me sad

Whilst I agree with you NB, I'm hoping it's the fact that he's never recovered from injury properly.
I'd love to see us get Merlin back after a summer break.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:In all honesty, I think he will go either this summer or next. Sublime on his day but nowhere near his best this season and at thirty his star is waning.

Whilst I agree with you NB, I'm hoping it's the fact that he's never recovered from injury properly.

If he hasn't fully recovered from his ankle problems, then that is a huge reason to sell. Ankles never really heal to the state they were before. He is that little bit slower due to age and as such gets kicked more. It would take a large offer to sell but just say, theoretically, a Chinese club offered £25/35m for him, we would be hard pressed to turn it down.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

If he hasn't fully recovered from his ankle problems, then that is a huge reason to sell. Ankles never really heal to the state they were before. He is that little bit slower due to age and as such gets kicked more. It would take a large offer to sell but just say, theoretically, a Chinese club offered £25/35m for him, we would be hard pressed to turn it down.

It could come to that. I know my ankles are fucked. You're right. They go repeatedly as you get older.
Mind you I gave up football years ago. Can't run now. My calves are fucked now.

Merlin is one of my all time favourites. In his pomp he is absolutely mesmerizing to watch.
Sad to even think of him as over. I really hope not.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Club legend, poor for a while. Hopefully fully up to speed next season.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ray78 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:45 pm

His ankle injuries have caught up with him and it is noticeable that there is a decline in his game. I wouldn't contemplate selling him just yet but he is going to have less of an impact next season.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:14 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Club legend, poor for a while. Hopefully fully up to speed next season.

Club legend, but needs to be fucked off this summer. No sentimentality. He needs to go. It's a fact. He's past it for what we need. I'm sorry to say, and it's painful to say, but he's been extremely average for 18 months really.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Club legend, poor for a while. Hopefully fully up to speed next season.

Club legend, but needs to be fucked off this summer. No sentimentality. He needs to go. It's a fact. He's past it for what we need. I'm sorry to say, and it's painful to say, but he's been extremely average for 18 months really.

cheers

He was brilliant last season as well as our best player in the first 2 months of the season before KDB settled in.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

He was brilliant last season as well as our best player in the first 2 months of the season before KDB settled in.

He certainly was.
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:45 pm

Isn't Peps game all about ball retention? Silva carries on as he is doing he isn't going to make the grade. Was as bad yesterday as he was at West Ham and he was shite against them. If he isn't fit then he should not be playing, end of story.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Isn't Peps game all about ball retention? Silva carries on as he is doing he isn't going to make the grade. Was as bad yesterday as he was at West Ham and he was shite against them. If he isn't fit then he should not be playing, end of story.

He's the best city player I have ever seen at ball retention. In fact, he's one of the best this league has seen IMO.

It's a lot more difficult to do when you are completely surrounded and your team mates give you no options. He was below par as well of course, but even a below par Silva will give us amazing options when he has world class options around him with some new signings.

Pep liked Iniesta. I think he'll like Silva just fine.
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Isn't Peps game all about ball retention? Silva carries on as he is doing he isn't going to make the grade. Was as bad yesterday as he was at West Ham and he was shite against them. If he isn't fit then he should not be playing, end of story.

He's the best city player I have ever seen at ball retention. In fact, he's one of the best this league has seen IMO.

It's a lot more difficult to do when you are completely surrounded and your team mates give you no options. He was below par as well of course, but even a below par Silva will give us amazing options when he has world class options around him with some new signings.

Pep liked Iniesta. I think he'll like Silva just fine.

I hope so mate as on his day the guy is a genius. Hoping it's just a blip and like Kompany has done this season he returns to form.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Doomie I get the sentiment of what you are saying, but it's statements like ;
Club Legend, but needs to be fucked off.....

I just stop reading.
Regardless of whether any of them should go or not, if it's 'Club Legend', then it's also 'deserving of our respect and his dignity.'

We all hurt after performances like last night, but I'd like to think when the dust settles that we can all still have a bit of integrity, which was the term for the weekend, but gets forgotten quickly.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum