Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:16 pm

David Silva

34 mins · Facebook Mentions ·

Muchas gracias a todos por los mensajes de apoyo, todas las pruebas han salido bien y ya me encuentro en casa.Lo mas importante los 3 puntos!

Many thanks to all the messages of support, all the tests have gone well and I'm already home.The 3 points is what was important!!
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:45 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:David Silva

34 mins · Facebook Mentions ·

Muchas gracias a todos por los mensajes de apoyo, todas las pruebas han salido bien y ya me encuentro en casa.Lo mas importante los 3 puntos!

Many thanks to all the messages of support, all the tests have gone well and I'm already home.The 3 points is what was important!!

Top man Dave...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:44 pm

Sounds promising.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:48 am

From MCFC.co.uk

Look who's back...

David Silva was back at training on Tuesday morning after recovering from a flying elbow to the face in Sunday's 2-0 victory over West Ham.

There were fears for the midfielder after he received eight minutes of treatment on the pitch and had to be stretchered off with an oxygen mask following the incident with the Hammers' Cheikhou Kouyate.

However, hospital tests confirmed the 29-year-old has escaped a fractured cheekbone.

Under 48 hours after the final whistle blew at the Etihad, Silva was pictured giving the thumbs up to the camera at the City Football Academy as preparations commence for Saturday's visit of Aston Villa.

The club will continue to monitor his progress ahead of the weekend, and Manuel Pellegrini will have a full update in Friday's pre-match press conference.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 pm

^^^^^^^^^

Nice one. Had the potential to be a season ender. A win on Saturday and suddenly 4th is nailed on and 3rd likely
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:^^^^^^^^^

Nice one. Had the potential to be a season ender. A win on Saturday and suddenly 4th is nailed on and 3rd likely

How is fourth nailed on with a win Saturday exactly?

The maths per favor.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:42 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

The maths per favor.

Cheers

More pyschological tbh. Seven ahead with only four games left and thats assuming dippers win at WBA which I actually doubt they will do. Could then be nine or ten. Not mathematically certain but we would only then require one more win.

A lot of football is actually played in the head. For example how many teams have rocked up to the swamp over the years expecting a defeat and then been handed a spanking?

Chavs haven't won league mathematically, but they are gonna steal our pot for the next year. That is certain
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 am

nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

The maths per favor.

Cheers

More pyschological tbh. Seven ahead with only four games left and thats assuming dippers win at WBA which I actually doubt they will do. Could then be nine or ten. Not mathematically certain but we would only then require one more win.

A lot of football is actually played in the head. For example how many teams have rocked up to the swamp over the years expecting a defeat and then been handed a spanking?

Chavs haven't won league mathematically, but they are gonna steal our pot for the next year. That is certain

Liverpool have played a game less than us. If they win their game/games in hand they will still be 4 points behind us.

Villa will be a much harder game than West Ham. Villa outplayed Liverpool at Wembley. We have struggled to find the energy that Villa showed.

I'm delighted Silva is fit again, we looked half as good when he left the field on Sunday. With talk of mass departures from the club in summer there seems to be attitude problems with the likes of Nasri, Dzeko and others.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:34 am

so he's fine, excellent news!
but pretty embarrassing that he was stretchered off sucking on bottle of oxygen...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 am

I think three wins should see us home and hosed for 4th. Scouse would need to win their final six. But I want us to do more and finish above the shite at least
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:so he's fine, excellent news!
but pretty embarrassing that he was stretchered off sucking on bottle of oxygen...

Normal procedure I would've thought? Was he spark out?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He wasn't out cold, but you can go into shock after a proper whack to the head so it was probably the right thing to do.

On that note, assuming he will have had some concussion, is there no mandatory rest period like in other sports?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

He wasn't out cold, but you can go into shock after a proper whack to the head so it was probably the right thing to do.

On that note, assuming he will have had some concussion, is there no mandatory rest period like in other sports?

I would imagine it was purely precautionary and standard procedure, I know I would have been pretty dazed by the whack he got.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:34 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I would imagine it was purely precautionary and standard procedure, I know I would have been pretty dazed by the whack he got.

this is how i would have dealt with it

Watch on youtube.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

You are unlikely to get a concussion if you are hit on the cheek, unless you're storing you're brain in your mouth
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:27 am

Wooders wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

You are unlikely to get a concussion if you are hit on the cheek, unless you're storing you're brain in your mouth

I've broken my cheekbone and had concussion, my brain wasn't in me gob then, although it was my mouth that caused said broken bone

Concussion is as much about how the brain moves in the cavity as direct trauma.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 am

Fair enough !
I've not heard if it but you've got first hand experience :)
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm

From Pellegrini Press Conference. Kompany, Clichy Nasri and of course Jovetic out tomorrow. It appears Silva is good to go and Bony too.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:49 pm

blues2win wrote:From Pellegrini Press Conference. Kompany, Clichy Nasri and of course Jovetic out tomorrow. It appears Silva is good to go and Bony too.

Jojo is such a plonker. I really hate this kid. He can't fuck off fast enough. And I don't care if he wins the fucking Ballon D'or next season. He will never do shit with us. He's just sulking I feel.

Pathetic.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Jovetic has been a total waste of space to put it mildly ......... sick note and soft cunt !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum