Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:To be fair, I don't imagine anyone wants Silva to leave. I think it's more of a case of are his best days behind him.

Will he fit into Peps system, whatever that may be
Is his injury the start of a downward spiral, ankle problems rarely get back to pre injury strength
His strength is not tracking back or pressing, something which Peps sides are required to do
Age is not his friend

Just a few reasons of why the club may decide to cash in on his value now to source a replacement, if that is not already in situ with KDB.

Of course, there are also reasons for him to stay. The fact he has been one of our best ever players is not a reason in my book. If he is going to remain as one of our best players with suitable replacements not found then that is reason alone to keep him. You are only as good as your last game/month/season as they say. For a number of reasons he has not been as mercurial as previously, thus the debate on whether he should stay or go.

that's it.

Look if he will stick around knowing he isn't first choice, which i don't believe he will be under Pep, then fantastic. Club legend, as i said.

But you cannot deny that 6 years of a couple ankle injuries every season (and ffs is it always the same ankle? Serious question) are taking their toll.

I'm sure that this season he will end up playing the fewest matches for us yet.

And BTW whomever mentioned "Silva fit fine in Spain's team which was chock full of Pep's team"...it's fucking 2016 now. Get with the times, yo. Been a couple years since Spain was their indestructible selves that brought them all those titles on the trot. Sure, they'll be a presence, but it's not the same. And don't get me started about their Euros group performances. They dicked some minnows. Whatever. Honestly, England might beat them. No shit.

cheers

England will be requesting a visit from the ball should they play Spain anytime soom Doomy, We see for the KO and that will be that !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Actually, Silva should end the his career here.

With his quality and class, he could really have a very Pirloesque role here. Even if he will be 36, he can still provide 7-8 goal passes / season. Plus, the sentimental factor. We love the chap, huge part of our history.

Him, Serge, Zaba should be here until they retire.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 pm

gillie wrote:On my twitter timeline someone stated that they saw Dave's ankle after the COC Final and they were amazed he could walk let alone play football.

A friend of mine told me he saw a picture of his ankles strapped up with blood soaking through the bandages. The guy gets virtually no protection from the referees, and similarly to Aguero he doesn't dive.
I wonder how much his career has been shortened by?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
gillie wrote:On my twitter timeline someone stated that they saw Dave's ankle after the COC Final and they were amazed he could walk let alone play football.

A friend of mine told me he saw a picture of his ankles strapped up with blood soaking through the bandages. The guy gets virtually no protection from the referees, and similarly to Aguero he doesn't dive.

i would guess 5 years. No joke.

Coming to England basically will have shortened his career by 5 years.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

i would guess 5 years. No joke.

Coming to England basically will have shortened his career by 5 years.

cheers

I saw that pic from the celebrations after the CC final, Liverpool target hi last Wed.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Socrates » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:Actually, Silva should end the his career here.

With his quality and class, he could really have a very Pirloesque role here. Even if he will be 36, he can still provide 7-8 goal passes / season. Plus, the sentimental factor. We love the chap, huge part of our history.

Him, Serge, Zaba should be here until they retire.

This is my feeling too, it would be worth it just for the continuity and togetherness of squad factors as well as spelling out to the world that something bigger has been built at MCFC not just a squad of mercenaries as some claim. Zaba is huge in terms of adding fire to the team. Hart and Kompany are the other 2 that I want to see stay for a long time. Fire in the belly with few negatives.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:I was smashed on here for stating the Silva was sellable at the right price. How the worm turns.

Yeh , you said that when we bought him.

Cabbage.

That's so out of character for you to rewrite history like that.

It was the beginning of this season.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 am

dazby wrote:I was smashed on here for stating the Silva was sellable at the right price. How the worm turns.

While I understand the idea of cashing in while you can, I'd prefer to keep Big Dave. He is not fit and has still been quite good, in the main. When we have players who can come in and give him a break fit so he himself can get fit, he will be back to his very best, which is to say THE best.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:34 am

There is an awful lot of information that gets lost. Some on here use the mood of the day to casually throw away one liners to try and prove some point or other.

When Silva left Spain to join us , Barca with their midfield were at their peak, so too RM.

For whatever reasons those clubs get away with their diving , feigning injuries, fouling immediately when losing the ball, paying dubious amount to get players. Silva chose a bright new challenge and to me , at least proved he was better than the scum that rises to the surface in Spanish football.

The PL is harder, refs let hooligans get away with outrageous fouls, for the most part Silva gets on with it.

He should end his career at City, a player respected everywhere for his skills and personality.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:52 am

Silva has been Flogged by City, along with the other stalwarts. He will fit in with Pep as long as he can stay fit, for how long might be the issue. Players like Silva are once in a bluemoon.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:23 am

Hazy2 wrote:Silva has been Flogged by City, along with the other stalwarts. He will fit in with Pep as long as he can stay fit, for how long might be the issue. Players like Silva are once in a bluemoon.

It is quite conceivable that David Silva will outlive Pep at City. I for one am under no illusion that Pep is somehow the man for the job.

I'll give him the same respect and rope , for him to hang himself. The PL is not like the Bundesliga or the Spanish league , pep is just a n other manager
that all are waiting to see fall on his own sword.

I would add that the likes of David Silva, even Yaya
know far better than Pep how the PL works and it would be a very foolish Man and Manager that didn't listen to such top players. Besides , we have a squad and whoever Pep brings in they will have to do the work the way such mentioned players have been doing it since the takeover.
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 am

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Silva has been Flogged by City, along with the other stalwarts. He will fit in with Pep as long as he can stay fit, for how long might be the issue. Players like Silva are once in a bluemoon.

It is quite conceivable that David Silva will outlive Pep at City. I for one am under no illusion that Pep is somehow the man for the job.

I'll give him the same respect and rope , for him to hang himself. The PL is not like the Bundesliga or the Spanish league , pep is just a n other manager

But Barca and Bayern are no ordinary clubs, he got rid of the clique at Barca, the politics at Bayern are interesting to say the least., we have a magnet for players mate, that is needed this sides time is well up and has been for 2 seasons now.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:35 am

Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

But Barca and Bayern are no ordinary clubs, he got rid of the clique at Barca, the politics at Bayern are interesting to say the least., we have a magnet for players mate, that is needed this sides time is well up and has been for 2 seasons now.

Clique ?

All managers are capable of such choices.
What politics at Bayern ?

Pep btw speaks very good German , he is no mug.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Crossie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:10 pm

zuricity wrote:

know far better than Pep how the PL works and it would be a very foolish Man and Manager that didn't listen to such top players. Besides , we have a squad and whoever Pep brings in they will have to do the work the way such mentioned players have been doing it since the takeover.

I agree, also Pep's Barca and Bayern teams would all have walked the Premier League if they'd played in it, I think everyone would agree with that. Every single season, they'd laughing by December.

So Pep's style may well work very well in the Prem. He just won't be able to get the players in during the first summer window to carry out his plans. We still have enough to hit the ground running with him though. He's not daft.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 pm

Crossie wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I agree, also Pep's Barca and Bayern teams would all have walked the Premier League if they'd played in it, I think everyone would agree with that. Every single season, they'd laughing by December.

So Pep's style may well work very well in the Prem. He just won't be able to get the players in during the first summer window to carry out his plans. We still have enough to hit the ground running with him though. He's not daft.

As for walking the Prem so should we be but were not !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:56 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yeh , you said that when we bought him.

Cabbage.

That's so out of character for you to rewrite history like that.

It was the beginning of this season.

join the club (uh oh). i said the same thing.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:01 pm

There you go Dazby, you're in great company.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:16 pm

None of us know what's happening when Pep comes in. We can speculate all we want but we're better off just waiting until he actually gets here first. We don't need our own fans adding fuel to the fire when we've still got things to win this season.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't discuss it, that's what we're here for. But people are talking like it's fact that x and y is going to happen. As fans we know fuck all! Especially me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Mase wrote:None of us know what's happening when Pep comes in. We can speculate all we want but we're better off just waiting until he actually gets here first. We don't need our own fans adding fuel to the fire when we've still got things to win this season.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't discuss it, that's what we're here for. But people are talking like it's fact that x and y is going to happen. As fans we know fuck all! Especially me.

That cunt PONY is fuckign going.

Better be a fact
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:None of us know what's happening when Pep comes in. We can speculate all we want but we're better off just waiting until he actually gets here first. We don't need our own fans adding fuel to the fire when we've still got things to win this season.

That cunt PONY is fuckign going.

Better be a fact

True. You've got me there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum