Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:11 pm

reading this
http://www.qfa.com.qa/toure-visits-aspe ... world-cup/
it's pretty ficking clear that he was fulfilling commercial obligations on behalf of the ivory coast fa and whilst he was out there he fulfilled some of his own. but city were evil for not letting him see his dying brother.
they are all liars if you ask me.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm

City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:Well it's all over SSN this evening . I you read into all that is being said and listen closely to Yaya,s Sundays after match interview he is all ready saying his goodbyes !

A year late for me , the Spafia SHOULD have cashed in on a possible £40 million last summer !!! What a fuck up that has ultimately lead to a fuck up of a season .

Ps SSN also showing Yaya,s stats for this season compared to the previous season ........ they are abysmal to say the very least and Gerry Francis didn't mince his words in saying Yaya hasn't put the effort in this season . What a waste of £200 plus grand a week , lessons must be learnt by the club with players and agents of this ilk who must not be allowed to fuck us over !

Goes to show he good a centre mid he is when we consider 8 goals in 25 abysmal.

25 ? If you take the time to check ALL the rest of Yaya,s stats in a City shirt this season im pretty sure they will compare with Charlie Adam or Joey Barton !

What stats would they be? Distance covered? Touches? Passes? Passing accuracy? Somehow I doubt Barton or Adam compare, I stand to be corrected though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:39 pm

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:Well it's all over SSN this evening . I you read into all that is being said and listen closely to Yaya,s Sundays after match interview he is all ready saying his goodbyes !

A year late for me , the Spafia SHOULD have cashed in on a possible £40 million last summer !!! What a fuck up that has ultimately lead to a fuck up of a season .

Ps SSN also showing Yaya,s stats for this season compared to the previous season ........ they are abysmal to say the very least and Gerry Francis didn't mince his words in saying Yaya hasn't put the effort in this season . What a waste of £200 plus grand a week , lessons must be learnt by the club with players and agents of this ilk who must not be allowed to fuck us over !

Goes to show he good a centre mid he is when we consider 8 goals in 25 abysmal.

25 ? If you take the time to check ALL the rest of Yaya,s stats in a City shirt this season im pretty sure they will compare with Charlie Adam or Joey Barton !

What stats would they be? Distance covered? Touches? Passes? Passing accuracy? Somehow I doubt Barton or Adam compare, I stand to be corrected though.

And its 32 games not your quoted 25 ..............
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Bufoon Squad.

Who's in?

Ted you can fuck off if you think I'm leading this squad. I'm more "former delta force now alkie with a shit non-hipster beard" type dude than I am squad leader/team player.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

We a re a better team with him than without by some margin. People seem to have forgotten this. I have sympathy with the view that he is being used as a scapegoat.
Hope City and him sort their differences and he stays. But it wouldn't break my heart if he went, as long as an exceptional replacement comes in.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:This fucking rag cunt is now calling us racists?

Excellent. He's gettimg away with the most under this username. Hats off

Are you saying we've got poor administration?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We a re a better team with him than without by some margin. People seem to have forgotten this. I have sympathy with the view that he is being used as a scapegoat.
Hope City and him sort their differences and he stays. But it wouldn't break my heart if he went, as long as an exceptional replacement comes in.

We are, but that's because we don't have an adequate replacement. Same with Aguero, but if we sold him I'd expect us to buy a top quality striker and I see no difference if Yaya goes. Problem is, there are few replacements in football for last season's Yaya, but several in England for this year's.

In retrospect, we'd have all sold him for £20m in summer based on how he's been this season, but even with the cake and everything that followed, none us would have accepted that based on what we'd watched. Whilst I think we should have sold him based on the nonsense he and his agent pulled, I can't say we should have sold him for football reasons.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Exceptional player in his time who was a big part of a team who brought us glory. He's had issues but you could say he's now past it.

Good luck to him, part of a legendary squad, and a main stay of our cup triumphs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We a re a better team with him than without by some margin. People seem to have forgotten this. I have sympathy with the view that he is being used as a scapegoat.

Agree when he is putting 100% in , sadly he has mostly been way below that this season . I for one will ALWAYS hold him in legend status for his big game performances in our FA Cup winning season and BOTH Title winning seasons plus his fantastic League Cup goal @ Wembley last season , he was awesome in those seasons for us , absolute world class ! Sadly this season and last summer he and his agent have fucked us over so those wonderful memories are tarnished for me I am afraid . No one could ever argue though that Yaya,s class and ability went a huge way to our recent silverware , hope we have someone very special lined up to replace him also .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:56 pm

The effort thing is driving me mad. He needs a fucking break. He can't be last seasons yaya for 24 months straight people.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Herb » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:36 pm

My thought is that Yaya has been such a special payer for us that he's played more game than most for a few seasons. We've relied heavily on him to be the difference and he has been more often than not + he's done his turn in the world cup and + he's done his turn in the ACoN . . I think the blokes is an amazing footballer but that he's battered silly with all the relentless football. You seen how he walks? - He's on sore legs always on sore legs.

He's also a fully fledged eccentric nutter but he's employed to be a footballer not a fuckin airline pilot so calm the fuck down and don't worry because our lives are not in his hands.
He's a well intended but barking mad African footballing genius with a turd of an agent who he relies on heavily, he's also paid an astronomical amount of money - maybe in the top 10 or 15 earners in world football . . but despite all of that . . many top clubs are willing to take the burden off our hands . . . They know that he's a a great player, perhaps getting towards the latter end of a phenomenal career but still with so much to give . . . especially if he can get a rest in the summer / play a few less games.

I think we should sell him but only if we can freshen up with a younger replacement of equal stature . . otherwise keep him and he'll maybe win us the league again next season.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:53 am

Problem is sometimes I feel like my life is in fact in yaya's hands.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 am

Yaya for me has been unreal. He has done more in his time here than anyone could have ever imagined. This was a player who trialled at Arsenal and was binned. Would love to see him after a summer off and leave as a winner. Spoilt brat at times, but what top player/manager is not high maintenance. He has delivered and some. Fuck the press and the disrespectful comments. Stevie G has had a 12 months of disaster after disaster and he will be packed off to the retirement home as some legend.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 am

Problem i have is Yaya has always looked shit in a defensive role. However he is never started anywhere else. When the game progresses and subs are made he is moved into a more attacking role and voila... we start to play better.

All the so called experts are scratching their heads as much as us regarding this.

Play him further forward FFS

Simples

Cheers
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 am

Hazy2 wrote:Yaya for me has been unreal. He has done more in his time here than anyone could have ever imagined. This was a player who trialled at Arsenal and was binned. Would love to see him after a summer off and leave as a winner. Spoilt brat at times, but what top player/manager is not high maintenance. He has delivered and some. Fuck the press and the disrespectful comments. Stevie G has had a 12 months of disaster after disaster and he will be packed off to the retirement home as some legend.

Arsenal tried to sign him. Other than that I agree with your post. He's been awesome but all good things come to an end.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Michael Brookes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:21 am

I think a fair bit of it is down to how we have been playing him. Granted his decline has been steep since last season (for all the reasons mentioned in this thread) and so Pellers should have looked to accommodate him in another way, either as: i.) a Pirlo-esque deep playmake in midfield 3 with 2 proper CM's ahead of him, ii.) In the hole behind the striker, iii.) as a sub rotating with one of the strikers/Silva when needed.
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:28 am

Wonderwall wrote:Problem i have is Yaya has always looked shit in a defensive role. However he is never started anywhere else. When the game progresses and subs are made he is moved into a more attacking role and voila... we start to play better.

All the so called experts are scratching their heads as much as us regarding this.

Play him further forward FFS

Simples

Cheers

And there is the exact reason why having him and silva in the squad is a problem. They are both too good to be left out, so both end up shoehorned in a team which suits neither of them ultimately
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 am

One thing that's really been concerning me is the "Pellegrini is a weak manager" line from his agent.
Presumably this echoes Yayas feelings and maybe that of other members of the squad. If so then he's lost them hasn't he? Not good..,
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:32 am

Wooders wrote:One thing that's really been concerning me is the "Pellegrini is a weak manager" line from his agent.
Presumably this echoes Yayas feelings and maybe that of other members of the squad. If so then he's lost them hasn't he? Not good..,

Well last year, Yaya did say 'it's true, my agent speaks for me'

It is a worry, that was the first thing that went through my mind, and I would be very surprised if he has not been hauled in to explain his agents comments.

Although it was also interesting that he used jovetic as an example, which again could suggest that is an issue for the squad as some had previously speculated
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:29 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Wooders wrote:One thing that's really been concerning me is the "Pellegrini is a weak manager" line from his agent.

Well last year, Yaya did say 'it's true, my agent speaks for me'

It is a worry, that was the first thing that went through my mind, and I would be very surprised if he has not been hauled in to explain his agents comments.

Although it was also interesting that he used jovetic as an example, which again could suggest that is an issue for the squad as some had previously speculated

I dont listen to anything Dimitri Shituk says. He is the biggest wanker of an agent on the planet and yaya is as thick as his agent is wank for keeping him.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum