Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:
freshie wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:It's hilarious that Yaya comes in for stick despite being more of a contributor than Silva in recent games, and in our history. Laughable.

It's hilarious that you're still posting on here you rag twat. Shouldn't you be celebrating your victory rather than wasting your time on here?

Do my hard hitting truths offend you?

No. It's more the fact that you're a cunt

Quality

Ground breaking levels of quality.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:14 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:For all those who spent summer like some battered wife, noshing him off and forgiving everything he said, today was for you. He's been shit all season and, to be honest, today was no worse than any other game, the rest of us just care more because of the opposition.

He should have been sold last summer. This summer, we'll be lucky to get a fee and we'll probably end up subsidising his wages.

1000% agreement.

I wanted him gone. He clearly did what he did to fuck us around. We stood our ground and got a bullshit season from him.

I want to remember the good times, but with him pulling on another team's shirt next season.

Cheers

Totally motivated by money (which if he was honest about it from the start I could have put up with) - when his camp got turned down for a new contract they suddenly changed tactics and tried to use emotional blackmail to get a post-playing agreement for a cushy (and presumably high paying) role with the club. Fucking transparent while trying to paint it as loyalty. And some people were taken in by it. The next cunt that tries and negotiates via the media should be sacked for misconduct. (if only).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:Silva was dogshite at doing his job, unless Pellegrini specifically asked him to rape every touch that comes near him and fail to complete basic passes for 90 minutes.

Why was it Yaya's duty to pick up Fellaini? It's well documented that Yaya isn't particularly good in the air. Blame the manager for that one.

Don't be ridiculous.

Ask any cunt anywhere, who watches football & watched the game, to explain it to you.

Is that why you're not explaining it to me?

I already have & you have been watching a different game. Ask anyone, anywhere & see what they think of his 'efforts'.

I think Silva's 'efforts' are way short of the standard they should be, and have been for much of the season but he gets a free ride because he's not a mouthy cunt like Yaya.

I think far too many people aren't capable of being objective about the likes of Kompany, Hart, Silva, Aguero, all the ones who haven't publicly fucked us about, get a free pass time and time again when the only judgement of whether a player should be gone, is performances
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:55 am

I think Silva's 'efforts' are way short of the standard they should be, and have been for much of the season but he gets a free ride because he's not a mouthy cunt like Yaya.

He does, and much like Yaya he can redeem himself with a fantastic pass or turn of the shoulder, but it doesn't hide the fact that he's a key player through which the ball is supposed to travel most of the times and he is making a hell of a lot of mistakes and has been most of the season, not just since christmas.

But on the other hand, which player is covering himself in glory at the moment? If the entire squad is under performing, surely the fault has to be looked for elsewhere than (at least just) with individual players?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 am

Oh dear, Ted. That's two out of the two responses so far that are in agreement with me.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:01 am

AntMcfc wrote:Oh dear, Ted. That's two out of the two responses so far that are in agreement with me.

What, they thought Yaya did ok ? Where ?

I'm not defending Silva, he was average & has been all season. I'm probably one of the first to have pulled him, & Zabaleta, up on their performances, stating months ago.

That doesn't excuse the complete lack of effort from Toure, which the whole football world, including his opponents, spotted.

'I don’t think Yaya Toure wanted to be tracking back, he wanted to be at the other end of the pitch but he had that job to do on Felli.' Ashley Young.

"Before the game, I asked ‘is Yaya Toure able to match Fellaini in that pocket?’," said Neville. "He didn’t. He paid no attention to him at all. It was a complete dereliction of duty.

Graeme Souness, also on Sky Sports, even suggested the 31-year-old's work when his side doesn't have the ball is a factor in their disappointing Champions League results in recent years.

Niall Quinn, also on Sky Sports, said bluntly: 'Manchester City lost out today because he was all at sea and didn't do his defensive duties.'

Trevor Sinclair said: 'He keeps on getting caught in no-mans land, he's not really at it, clipping the heels, and he's literally going through the motions.

Picking out on particular aerial duel, which Toure lost, Sinclair said: 'This is nothing to do with ability, that's to do with desire and wanting to take one for the team.'

Etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:02 am

AntMcfc wrote:Oh dear, Ted. That's two out of the two responses so far that are in agreement with me.

So should Silva have been tracking Fellaini?

It was evident over a number of recent games that we can't cope with long balls to a big man, so we were always vulnerable to your strengths. Once the balls to Fellaini and Young started, we were in trouble and I blame the manager for not doing something about it. But that doesn't excuse us having to play with 10 men. Again.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:Silva was dogshite at doing his job, unless Pellegrini specifically asked him to rape every touch that comes near him and fail to complete basic passes for 90 minutes.

Why was it Yaya's duty to pick up Fellaini? It's well documented that Yaya isn't particularly good in the air. Blame the manager for that one.

Don't be ridiculous.

Ask any cunt anywhere, who watches football & watched the game, to explain it to you.

Is that why you're not explaining it to me?

I already have & you have been watching a different game. Ask anyone, anywhere & see what they think of his 'efforts'.

I think far too many people aren't capable of being objective about the likes of Kompany, Hart, Silva, Aguero, all the ones who haven't publicly fucked us about, get a free pass time and time again when the only judgement of whether a player should be gone, is performances

Not sure I agree with that last bit at all!

Hart is NOT good enough, has been shit largely for 2 years at least and I hate his smug opponent loving attitude. Ask anyone what my feelings around Hart have been. I said after Barca that we won't keep a clean sheet for the rest of the season. Defence aside; he rarely has games like he did in Barca. De Gea is the player he should be looking up to which says it all..

Kompany; has been gash this year (and you can argue MDM outperformed him at the end of last year; and Lescott did in the other title winning season). His head has gone recently as shown by his stupid quotes and Belgium performance.

Silva & Aguero to a lesser extent. There have been many times they have carried us, but are not immune to criticism. We turned shit when Kompany and Aguero came back into the team. Aguero has his head down and its inexcusable. Silva isn't tracking back and is leaving Fern to do the job of 5 players.

The difference with Silva, Aguero and Kompany (until recently) is that they are not total disrespecting, lazy cunts ala Yaya, Kolorov and Dzeko.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 am

Nick wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I already have & you have been watching a different game. Ask anyone, anywhere & see what they think of his 'efforts'.

Hart is NOT good enough, has been shit largely for 2 years at least and I hate his smug opponent loving attitude. Ask anyone what my feelings around Hart have been. I said after Barca that we won't keep a clean sheet for the rest of the season. Defence aside; he rarely has games like he did in Barca. De Gea is the player he should be looking up to which says it all..

Kompany; has been gash this year (and you can argue MDM outperformed him at the end of last year; and Lescott did in the other title winning season). His head has gone recently as shown by his stupid quotes and Belgium performance.

Silva & Aguero to a lesser extent. There have been many times they have carried us, but are not immune to criticism. We turned shit when Kompany and Aguero came back into the team. Aguero has his head down and its inexcusable. Silva isn't tracking back and is leaving Fern to do the job of 5 players.

The difference with Silva, Aguero and Kompany (until recently) is that they are not total disrespecting, lazy cunts ala Yaya, Kolorov and Dzeko.

So, in summary you agree with me then?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:28 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Nick wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I already have & you have been watching a different game. Ask anyone, anywhere & see what they think of his 'efforts'.

So, in summary you agree with me then?

;) Well I don't agree on people needing to be more objective on message boards. Read this board and the stick for Hart and Kompany, and even Silva is well documented.

Depends where you sit in the ground; as my whole block 110 seem to think Joe Hart is God himself; we could concede 8 goals and hes most peoples man of the match.... - so I think people in large parts of the ground need to be more objective. They are happy to slag off navas and Fernando and blow smoke up the arse of the 'usuals'.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:29 pm

We all know Ya Ya has been shit all season.

For me that is not even be up for debate.

What I struggle to understand, is why Pellegrini has persisted with him in a midfield 2 pretty much all season. For me Pellegrini judgement as our manager needs to be seriously called in to question for that alone. It is a dereliction of duty. Surely he must see these none performances week in, week out as we do. Players running past Toure at Will. Toure making no effort at all to get back and help defend. His consistently lazy performances. When he came out with the Captains armband Sunday i was flabbergasted.

He should be nowhere near the pitch, never mind our Captain.

He has been none performing ,yet still he has been left in a fundamental position in our side contributing absolutely nothing. It has ruined our season. I honestly believe our malaise was brought on by not dealing with Toure appropriately. Surely other CIty players watch his performances and think if he cant be arsed, then what's the point.

I would not play Toure ever again. I would send him on holiday and invite offers. Then i would walk in the dressing room and ask the rest if they want to follow him, now is your opportunity to go. we need battlers.I would rather play one of the Kids who is trying than him right now.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 pm

I told everyone we should have sold the cunt during that fuckign cake palava.Hes a lumbering sack of shite...and I would wager his true age is 40.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I told everyone we should have sold the cunt during that fuckign cake palava.Hes a lumbering sack of shite...and I would wager his true age is 40.

It'll be interesting to see if he starts against West Ham. He shouldn't, not if you're a manager who needs a result.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:03 am

I was calling for him to be sold in the summer and in January. The writing was on the wall and still many defended him. He's 31 we were never going to get that out of him again, psg would have paid mugs money.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:42 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I told everyone we should have sold the cunt during that fuckign cake palava.Hes a lumbering sack of shite...and I would wager his true age is 40.

For my money Carl, you've expressed it perfectly.

His performances are completely counterproductive and he has the air of a worn out geriatric.

Last summer when a few of us on this forum were advocating that he should be sold, there was a fair degree of criticism poured onto this viewpoint and his contribution to last season's title win was held up as an example of how important he was to the team.

However, even in the time he has been here and playing influentially, there have been continual misgivings and questions asked about his overall fitness, work ethic, consistency and tactical commitment/team discipline. This season, everything has finally fallen apart and, personally speaking, it just seems Yaya is completely unmoved and unconcerned by it.

He surely now has to be far older than the 31 years claimed for him.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:43 am

MilnersJaw wrote:I was calling for him to be sold in the summer and in January. The writing was on the wall and still many defended him. He's 31 we were never going to get that out of him again, psg would have paid mugs money.

Absolutely.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:05 am

MilnersJaw wrote:I was calling for him to be sold in the summer and in January. The writing was on the wall and still many defended him. He's 31 we were never going to get that out of him again, psg would have paid mugs money.

How do you know if PSG were even interested?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:40 am

I still think if he's given a proper off season and isn't expected to play box to box he'll be good again next season. Unpopular opinion, but science states the human body cannot be at peak performance, physocally, mentally or emotionally for so long without adequate rest.

Haters gonna hate, but it's true my friends.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:15 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I still think if he's given a proper off season and isn't expected to play box to box he'll be good again next season. Unpopular opinion, but science states the human body cannot be at peak performance, physocally, mentally or emotionally for so long without adequate rest.

I agree with this. The lad is knackered, spent, stale etc and is not the only one.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I still think if he's given a proper off season and isn't expected to play box to box he'll be good again next season. Unpopular opinion, but science states the human body cannot be at peak performance, physocally, mentally or emotionally for so long without adequate rest.

I agree with this. The lad is knackered, spent, stale etc and is not the only one.

tbf to the lumbering, cake-eating cunt...he has played two INTL tournaments in 8 months, and the pressure of a title winning season and a letdown season sammiched around those tourneys with his brother's death in there as well.

And yet, i still blame him and Pellegrini for not managing that issue properly if he's just too knackered to run about and matter.

He's not a 9 year old child who just doesn't know any better...or is he?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum